Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 4:11pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there are Aliens, they would be on a level so advanced that they would have absolutely nothing to fear from us, we would be on the level of ants, or maybe germs. The distance in space, and the physical laws they would have to overcome make it doubtful that they would have to come in and spy on us, a la Star Trek, etc. Consider how someone studies a beehive, etc.
    Still, if you see flying saucers, well hey, who's to argue?
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj View Post
    Still, if you see flying saucers, well hey, who's to argue?
    People see all sorts of fantastic things that really should require evidence to believe them. Not believing before evidence is the norm, the ones saying it are the ones stirring the pot (arguing) so its on them to make themselves believable.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 5:29pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was being sarcastic. Too dry, I guess. It is amazing how hard it is to come to grips with how vast our solar system is, and how slow things would travel through it to get from point a to point b. Doesn't mean that there is no life or intelligent life, only that it is probably far, far, away. And I mean really fucking far.
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 6:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Speak for youreslf bro
    I speak for humanity. You know, the group behind all those emergency room horror stories that begin with experimental sexy time and end with mangled penises and injurious insertions.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I dunno from what I have read of his autobiography that god feller is pretty fucking violent. I can think of a lot of reasons they wouldn't want to visit us especially the south.
    I didn't realize He wrote it. And yeah, I've heard Southern Illinois can be a bitch.

I would be very surprised too if there wasn't at least some life out there, but I would be far more
    surprised if they had the means or desire to find us.
    Why would you assume their agenda is different than ours?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    7/02/2013 12:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The most likely extraterrestrial life is the same stuff we see on Earth (since we've already identified that kind of life is possible).

If there is a world like Earth out there somewhere that is in the Goldilocks zone and has all the right elements, DNA and evolution should work the same there as it did here... all it takes to create the entire evolutionary path from primordial goo to humans.

Other types of more exotic extra-Solar life? Maybe it lives in the "dark matter", and consumes "dark energy". Your guess is as good as mine.

Paul Hellyer, on the other hand, is a fucking nutcase.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...s_warning.html

Former federal defence minister Paul Hellyer, 86, believes not only that aliens have visited Earth but also that they have contributed greatly to human technological advances.

So he can’t quite understand why the world renowned astrophysicist views them with such trepidation; Hawking recently warned that malevolent aliens could lead to the destruction of humanity.

The longtime cabinet minister accuses Hawking of spreading misinformation about extraterrestrials.

“I think he’s indulging in some pretty scary talk there that I would have hoped would not come from someone with such an established stature,” Hellyer said in an interview.

“I think it’s really sad that a scientist of his repute would contribute to what I would consider more misinformation about a vast and very important subject.”

Hawking speculates in a new documentary that most extraterrestrial life will be similar to microbes, or small animals — but he adds that advanced life forms may be “nomads, looking to conquer and colonize” new planets.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/02/2013 1:01am at .

Posted On:
    7/02/2013 2:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only tech aliens gave us was high fructous corn syrup and that was to fatten us up

Posted On:
    7/02/2013 9:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I didn't realize He wrote it. And yeah, I've heard Southern Illinois can be a bitch.

Why would you assume their agenda is different than ours?
    Even if their agenda is the same I'm not going to assume their technology is any more advanced.

As far as Illinois goes its ALL of Illinois not just southern. I would place Chicago at top of the **** list.
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 7/02/2013 9:42am at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/02/2013 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Even if their agenda is the same I'm not going to assume their technology is any more advanced.
    If they can reach us from a star that isn't Sol, their technology must be more advanced.

Posted On:
    7/02/2013 11:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    If they can reach us from a star that isn't Sol, their technology must be more advanced.
    Yes "if" they can. But until it is proven that they have in fact done that its a moot discussion.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast