Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 7:43am

Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aliens, eh!

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06...n_3390295.html

Former Canadian Defence Minister Paul Hellyer comes out with information(?) about the existence of aliens. Thanks to this insight, we may not shift focus from North West and Jenny from the block shaking it for that dude from Turkmenistan, and on to the real issues that affect not only our neighbors and countrymen, but the galaxy. Like why that tingling sensation in your sphincter may be significant cause to deduce one was abducted out of their single-wide in the middle of the night, only to be returned by morning with a newfound fear of spherical objects.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 9:58am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so before I decide wether or not I believe in aliens someone is going to have to explain to me why in the name of the word **** would any alien culture want to come to this shithole of a planet. Seriously earth is like the bad neighborhood of the universe that everyone avoids. We are a bunch of fucked up violent douches armed with nukes. I think any aliens smart enough to figure out a way to travel long distance in space are probably smart enough to avoid earth.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 10:50am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Ok so before I decide wether or not I believe in aliens someone is going to have to explain to me why in the name of the word **** would any alien culture want to come to this shithole of a planet. Seriously earth is like the bad neighborhood of the universe that everyone avoids. We are a bunch of fucked up violent douches armed with nukes. I think any aliens smart enough to figure out a way to travel long distance in space are probably smart enough to avoid earth.
    Who do you think gave us nukes and violence? It sure as **** wasn't God, and it wasn't the result of some woman in a garden on a low-blood-sugar-induced power trip.

Why would they not want to visit us?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be pretty surprised if there were no extraterrestrial life out there, but this article is basically that a guy who believes there are multiple alien species on Earth for thousands of years and that Bush was planning an intergalactic war, and, get this, he ACTUALLY BELIEVES IN ALIENS!! Oh, and he's got a new book you should buy too! Oh, and the Bilderbergs and the Trilateral Commission! None of that is a news story. Looks like he's a guy who reads and believes UFO books, and happens to be a politician too. Canadian Jesse Ventura, if you will.
    Last edited by Permalost; 7/01/2013 11:06am at .

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Who do you think gave us nukes and violence? It sure as **** wasn't God, and it wasn't the result of some woman in a garden on a low-blood-sugar-induced power trip.

Why would they not want to visit us?
    I dunno from what I have read of his autobiography that god feller is pretty fucking violent. I can think of a lot of reasons they wouldn't want to visit us especially the south.

I would be very surprised too if there wasn't at least some life out there, but I would be far more surprised if they had the means or desire to find us.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bnet, you're assuming that space aliens will have the same prejudices towards humans that other humans have.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 1:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched that interview days ago and was very unimpressed. While I believe there is other life out there and that there is a good chance they have been to earth, his guy gave no interesting information.

Considering he was a defense minister, he sure as hell didn't give any interesting information! All he did was give his opinion about **** that people were already talking about on the internet. He hasnt been a defense minister in like 50 years, which makes his opinion a lot less interesting than if Colin Powell had given the same interview.

For someone with this kind of career to speak out like it was a big deal, I figured he would be able to give some first hand information about his time as Defense Minister dealing with aliens, but he doesn't give any of that! He is nothing more than a private citizen who is WAY out of the loop. People have been coming to him with stories about aliens because they know he will believe them. It's confirmation bias; he believes people not because of the validity of their story but because they align with his point of view.

His views on steven hawking and that its a good idea to make contact with aliens is delusional and naive. As my dad once put it, you don't negotiate with a monkey for a banana; why would they negotiate with us?

Why would they be here? Same reason we go watch tribes in the Amazon; curiousity and scientific endevour. That, or the same reason Cortez came to the new world; to find more land, resources, and places to live.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 1:40pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's almost a certainty that life exists in many places other than our own planet. Considering the size of the known universe, the number of galaxies, the number of solar systems that could potentially support life of some sort, that's fairly easy to deduce.

The specifics are much more difficult, if not impossible to nail down.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 3:09pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    we are meerly live stock, food for the gods

When we are fat enough they will come and harvest the crop

Soon
    What do you mean WHEN we are fat enough?? :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fat.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	15163

Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Bnet, you're assuming that space aliens will have the same prejudices towards humans that other humans have.
    I never thought of it that way, you make a really good point.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen **** that defies conventional theories or explinations. I've never met a space man but I've seen craft which some claim do not exist doing things that are officially impossible with our current state of the art (which of course does not represent the actual bleeding edge of flight reserch).

When he says that UFOs are as real as airplanes I can belive that. I've seen it myself. There is **** up in the sky that a lot of people don't want to admit is up there. Some people are even invested in denying UFOs outright.

If there are aliens in these things I can't blame them for avoiding direct contact.

Humans tend to panic at the unkown and try to kill whatever we are afraid of. If the newly dead thing proves to not be much of a threat, we'll try to sexualise it somehow.

So given our tendency to kill and **** any new thing we encounter it's no small wonder that extra terestrials make themselves scarce around humans. We're the cosmic equivalent of those creepy backwards rapists from deliverance.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast