Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/30/2013 12:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UFC looks at TUF not just as a marketing tool but also a kind of farm league. At such a late stage in his career he doesn't have many years left.

With a younger fighter, the UFC can see a return on their investment over the next 10-15 years of that fighters career. What's the point of training a guy in the house, developing and marketing his character if he retires a year later?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an MT world champ in the UFC, I just see where they are coming from.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 9:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He wouldn't be the first former champ they put in TUF. They put Roy Nelson in there, I think because Dana White was hoping he would get beat and then he wouldn't have to deal with him. I think it would be a good route to go for JWP.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2013 12:53am

Style: Muay Thai / Judo / JKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome news for JWP he posted below I guess if he cant crack a UFC birth he can train the UFC champions.

"Was pretty excited about this week but it just got better. Firas Zahabi just sent me message asking me to fly to Canada to help train George St Pierre for his Oct fight ASAP. Sooooooo Pumped. Going to smash some pads this afternoon now!!!"

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 12:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    I read this as "JNP" wants to fight in the UFC.

I saw JWP's previous MMA fight, unless he's been training grappling everyday since.. he will get murdered by any starting MMA pro.

They told as at the last TUF tryouts that there was an age cap, i guess they can waive it for certain people?
    Remember it is a tv show. They would put Aussie Joe Bugner in there if people are going to watch it.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12