0 0%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 4:09am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So glad Frankie got a win. I've always been a big fan of his. I know many knock on him for not finishing, I don't care. I just love to watch him work. Besides his mental fortitude and endless cardio, he's Always Determined on top of Solid Technique, which does not deteriorate as the fight progresses.

PS. Edgar vs Henderson 2 should've been a win for him. He was the better fighter that night.

You know, if the rules was 20 rounds x 5 mins. Frankie would always win the decision.

Sidenote: Yesterday, Nick Diaz asked for Silva/Weidman winner. *shrug*
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 7/07/2013 4:52am at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 4:28am

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Yesterday, Nick Diaz asked for Silva/Weidman winner. *shrug*
    HAHAHAHA. Oh, that's rich. He's trying so hard to remain relevant.

But seriously, how is this a surprise to anyone? Silva's been clowning in most of his last several fights. He bought his own hype and paid the price.

BTW, poll's still up.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 4:50am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (jnp)- I don't think so. I believe it was his over confidant- exceptional ability aided bravado/show boatman-ship that led him to play with Weidman like he had many other opponents. Fail!

I have love and respected the Champ for many years. But tonight he effed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuddos to Weidman. And Anderson to admitting his shortcoming. Hespect!

But the immediate rematch will be too lucrative to deny- despite what he said tonight!

AWESOME CARD TONIGHT BITCHES. Texas fighters 3-1 tonight too! BOOM!

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 4:50am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    Cub with a rally in the 3rd tko to a much better but not quite enough Siver.
    Did you see that Judo throw into instant half guard (by Cub, 2nd rd). Very impressive.

Cub made Siver's striking Hesitant in the 3rd.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 4:55am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not into half. Straight into Side control until half was recovered. That was Ippon dog! Beautiful wizzer toss.

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 5:14am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion, Silva's "showboating" is a way to get into his opponents heads, draw them into his game, frustrate and demoralise. You could see that Weidman didn't get drawn in, in fact, Weidman not falling for it probably got in Silvas head. Instead of running in, attempting the take down or lunging into punch the elusive slipping head movement of Silva, Weidman stayed in range and began picking when he was going to punch. Evidence of this strategy is that first knock he put on Silva while Silva was doing his showboating head movement with his hands down. It showed Silva that he wasn't playing his game. But Silva still wanted to play the elusive invincible, and thus paid the price.

Every time I have watched a Silva fight, I've thought, "why are they running after him?" I'm no expert, but strategically it is obvious what he is doing when he drops his hands. He's disrespecting his opponent, basically, to the point of enragement, clouding judgement and this has always resulted in the opponent going in guns blazing. Sometimes it mightn't be strategic enragement, but strategic possum, acting like hits have had more effect than they actually have, thus ensuring a storming that had the same result. Neither worked on Weidman. He didn't seem to become frustrated enough to take the take down bait Silva had ready with hook and line, nor did he over commit to an attack when Silva pretended he was wobbled. He just bided his time, let Silva make a show pony of himself and picked a decent shot. Then, when that shot actually sent him to the canvas, he followed up. Notice he didn't swarm as soon as he connected? We're talking split second stuff here, but he definitely waited until it was clear he wasn't being baited.

My opinion, take with grain of salt and some garlic. Tastes pretty good with garlic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 5:38am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva vs Weidman
    =============
    Round 1: 10-9 Weidman. The first half of the round, Weidman showed dominance on the ground coupled with effective striking and good sub attempts. The second half was limbo. I actually liked Silva's clowning against Demian Maia (well, at least the first half of it), but this felt different. He clowned without scoring so it resulted in stalling the fight, really.

Yeah, I guess why I didn't like Silva's taunting this time is cause he played himself, instead of his opponent.

By the end of the round, I had a premonition that this would be similiar to Ali vs Holmes. Ali attempted to taunt and enrage Holmes (instead of fighting), but Holmes had none of it and proceeded to punish Ali (who by then could do nothing else).

Round 2: And that's all she wrote. I did not expect THAT.

Congratulations to Weidman, he now joins the likes of Ryo Chonan and Daiju Takase.

P.S. Silva vs GSP supafite now? LOLOLOL
    P.P.S. Silva vs Roy Jones Jr. is starting to make more sense now. Apparently, he was in the arena and is talking to Dana about some fisticuffs arrangement with Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Nwp View Post
    Not into half. Straight into Side control until half was recovered. That was Ippon dog! Beautiful wizzer toss.
    Doh, sorry. Still recovering from fanboy mode (halfs my IQ).

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 5:43am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar watching the fight, prolly going "Aha, so that's how you do it."

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 7:02am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a few years until Silva stops giving a **** and then punch him in the face?

Pleased with this fight outcome. Middleweight title fights just became interesting Again. Without the massive presence of Silva sitting heavily atop the division, there are many more interesting title fights that can be put on with the promise of being highly competitive.

Personally, I believe Belfort will get the first shot at Weidman, barring injuries. He will then knock him the hell out and claim the title.

On a side note, pitch Silva vs Bisping. An honourable matchup for both fighters that will raise either's stock if they win, and WHO doesn't love seeing Bisping get murdered, as he inevitably will be.

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 8:48am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I wonder if that long-rumored drop to middleweight for Machida just got closer to reality.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast