Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 1718 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 12:17pm

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Ahhh, interesting. The OP stated 'a woman, if they want to be safe need to live in the civilized part of the world' I disagreed, he has his head in the sand.
    You accused him of giving in to criminals. Your line of argument sucked. I pointed that out.

Just say you agree with the pussification of the world, all women should flock to YOUR cuntry, and for your own health and protection, don't vacation or move here to the great Southwest. You wouldn't last a day.
    I travelled quite a bit in my life, including jorneys to honorbased cultures like you claim to be living in. And I did not die. As long as you show the proper respect and try to adjust to local customs - preferably by knowing a local beforehand, who tells you what to do and what not to do -, you are in no imminent danger (excluding countries where kidnapping travellers is a favourite pastime - and no one should go there). I've been mugged once, ironically in Europe (Poland), but that's all.

That much to the "you wouldn't last a day"-BS.

Regarding pussyfication: you make a mistake if you think that usage of other forms of behavior shows weakness or cowardice. Try going to Britain, go to the nearest pub and insult a local...

The only big difference is the threshold where violence is deemed appropriate. This has no influence on the level of it - except maybe that people in honorbased societys (meaning "not putting up with bullshit", as you put it) have a bit more practical experience.

Thirdly, you seem to be just a teenager - or maybe a young adult. I made the experience that people who live in dangerous (sub-)cultures tend to get a bit more realistic about their own badassitude when they become adult.

Furthermore, I have the distinct feeling that you are overweight, easy to troll, never been outside New Mexico and are compensating by accepting and overinflating the cliches which are tied to the country you are living in.

But that's only a theory; empirical data on that should emerge shortly...
    Last edited by nils; 7/03/2013 12:25pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 12:29pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you live in a place where two interstates intersect and the cartel wants to control things in and around you I can say it is sometimes hard here to feel safe.

We are doing better with crime, its going down, but home invasions, car-jackings, while lower, are still a problem and our law enforcement although having some tough times the past few years, has my full and undivided support.

Albuquerque Police Dept have a very tough job, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

I also don't go around saying women should live someone where else due to safety. That's a crock of ****. Southwestern women are pretty damn tough, hell sometimes we go to Texas and walk around South Dallas just to check it out. (that's entertainment)
    It's reasons like this why I have to laugh and then tell the British to shut the **** up whenever they say Americans need to do away with the 2nd Amendment. It's nice being a tiny island, with no neighbor that's a corrupt nation owned by massive drug cartels with private armies.

Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    You accused him of giving in to criminals. Your line of argument sucked. I pointed that out.

I travelled quite a bit in my life, including jorneys to honorbased cultures like you claim to be living in. And I did not die. As long as you show the proper respect and try to adjust to local customs - preferably by knowing a local beforehand, who tells you what to do and what not to do -, you are in no imminent danger (excluding countries where kidnapping travellers is a favourite pastime - and no one should go there). I've been mugged once, ironically in Europe (Poland), but that's all.

That much to the "you wouldn't last a day"-BS.

Regarding pussyfication: you make a mistake if you think that usage of other forms of behavior shows weakness or cowardice. Try going to Britain, go to the nearest pub and insult a local...

The only big difference is the threshold where violence is deemed appropriate. This has no influence on the level of it - except maybe that people in honorbased societys (meaning "not putting up with bullshit", as you put it) have a bit more practical experience.

Thirdly, you seem to be just a teenager - or maybe a young adult. I made the experience that people who live in dangerous (sub-)cultures tend to get a bit more realistic about their own badassitude when they become adult.

Furthermore, I have the distinct feeling that you are overweight, easy to troll, never been outside New Mexico and are compensating by accepting and overinflating the cliches which are tied to the country you are living in.

But that's only a theory; empirical data on that should emerge shortly...
    I have theory you should shut the **** up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 12:43pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    I have theory you should shut the **** up.
    In the end, it all depends if you believe what Tank claims. I do not.

Also, if it were true, then his local area is in an extreme situation right now, close to anarchy - and therefore not relevant to this discussion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 12:56pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever Kf, all your arguments have been addressed. I believe your head is in the sand. I changed my mind, come here to the Southwest, lets go shooting and you will then be a believer. It takes a few hours to learn how to clean, care and maintain a weapon, (I must submit there are quite possibly those here who are FAR more proficient and talented, trained and effective at this) and then shoot it. Get over the fear of weapons and someone being mad at you.
    Thanks for the offer! (The flight would be too expensive for me though).
    I can imagine that shooting can be quite a nice hobby.

I don�t really want to to argue with you, I think Nils already addressed the main points.

(One might add that the specific situation in New Mexico could be dramatically improved by revisiting certain drug laws but I fear this discussion might get ugly.)

But one thing does interest me:
    Why don�t you want to live nowhere else?

The post would actually been better without mentioning "overweight" and "easy to troll". (Hey you gave me the speech about culture and **** so it is my turn to play the moral-fag. ;P )

Anyway, great posts, keep up the good work!

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 12:59pm

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the end, it all depends if you believe what Tank claims. I do not.

Also, if it were true, then his local area is in an extreme situation right now, close to anarchy - and therefore not relevant to this discussion.
    You should probably stop making assumptions out of Continental European ignorance like a dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 1:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should probably stop making assumptions out of Continental European ignorance like a dumbass.
    It's not that I assume that such things do not happen - it is just that I do not believe that Tank is very much involved in this. There is just too much grandeur and forced badassery in his posts for someone who lives in such a crappy situation.

Plus: you are obviously ignorant of Continental European ignorance.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "You accused him of giving in to criminals"
    "cultures like you claim to be living in"
    and "And I did not die"
    "I've been mugged once, ironically in Europe (Poland), but that's all"
    "Try going to Britain, go to the nearest pub and insult a local..."
    "except maybe that people in honorbased societys (meaning "not putting up with bullshit", as you put it) have a bit more practical experience"
    "you are overweight"
    "easy to troll"
    "never been outside New Mexico"
    "empirical data on that should emerge shortly..."
    Kf was whining about guns and admitting he is undecided about guns and that is being weak, I wan him to take a stand.

What I claimed was that we live at the intersection of Interstate 25 and 40, it is a major artery for drugs coming up from El Paso/Juarez, not the culture but a fact of logistical drug running so California and Colorado can have their drugs.

You did not die?- what the ****? (you mentioned RESPECT- Lets stick with that reason you are still alive)

Why would I insult a Brit? Not stupid, I get along with everyone, and surely if I was in a pub the only thing getting insulted would be my liver

Yes I am overweight- So what? Why do you even give a ****? I am old too, do you wanna picture also?

Trolling? I was bored- and I read all Kf posts, mostly drivel and weak.
    Been outside NM? Who cares? But yes, I have been other places.

- I do have some Rotary Club friends in Berlin. Nice place, prolly in a different part of Berlin than you. Just sayin' someday I will visit them. Perhaps we can lift a pint?
    ...and just for you, I redacted the ad hominem verbiage from my current reply-in consideration of your feelins'
    (Back to trolling...)
    Last edited by -TANK-; 7/03/2013 1:11pm at .

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's reasons like this why I have to laugh and then tell the British to shut the **** up whenever they say Americans need to do away with the 2nd Amendment. It's nice being a tiny island, with no neighbor that's a corrupt nation owned by massive drug cartels with private armies.
    Hey now, Canada's got some positives too. Good fishing, decent gun ranges, elk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 1:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    - I do have some Rotary Club friends in Berlin. Nice place, prolly in a different part of Berlin than you. Just sayin' someday I will visit them. Perhaps we can lift a pint?
    ...and just for you, I redacted the ad hominem verbiage from my current reply-in consideration of your feelins'
    (Back to trolling...)
    Thanks for your consideration. I do admit that I probably had a wrong picture of you - which is why I wanted to troll you for a bit to see what happens. If you were a teenager overcompensating, your reaction would probably be different.

Also, I was in the mood to troll.

So, I do apologize for that.

Back to topic: if your hometown is more or less invaded by a criminal cartel, which probably is better organized and eqipped then the citizens, wouldn't that be the one situation where the government should step in?

On a side note: PM me when you are in Berlin; I'd glady lift that pint with you.

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 1:32pm

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus: you are obviously ignorant of Continental European ignorance.
    Grew up in Rhineland-Pfalz.