Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diseases of civilization....Sigh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 9:23am

Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I switched to a paleo diet. Whenever I go to the Supermarket, I usually shop on the outside of the aisle, so I won't get tempted to pick up a tub of Ben and Jerry's Kitchen Sink Ice cream.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 10:28am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Just curious how much time a week do you spend tending to your chickens, how much does it cost to feed them, and how many eggs a week do you get?
    Not much at all. I buy a bag of feed for about 12 dollars once a month. I take a scoop of feed out to them every day or table scraps. They love table scraps! I keep a waterer hanging in there that has to be refilled every other week at the most. I get about 14 eggs a week, from 2 hens.

I use a deep bedding method, so I only have to shovel out the coop once a year, and then I use that in my garden before planting.

So, really almost no time at all.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    OOH SWEET! I GET TO SOCCER KICK CHENG'S STUPID FAT ASS AROUND THE BOARD FOR A WHILE!
    I'm 6'1", 180 lbs, and smarter than you.

Considering that this criticism is coming from some arguing that fast food is better than home cooked, unprocessed ingredients I can't really take your coment seriously.
    I never made that claim, i even said it was a sacrifice you drooling fool.
    So I will ignore most of your drivel.

Ok Poindexter, let's see you travel to and feed yourself at McD's for six days straight on $15.
    Travel? You still stuck on that red herring?
    I don't need to jump through any of your idiot hoops.
    You are missing the time component still.

Unless you live within walking distance of a fast food joint (a cheap one at that, $15 isn't even two meals Burgerville) then it's not a red hearing at all.
    Most people pass several fast food places to and from work, picking up/dropping off kids.
    We were also discussing "dollar menus" which oddly enough still exist here in Hawai'i, where we have the highest food prices in the country.
    Try to keep up idiot.
    None of your prices are valid here btw.
    A gallon of milk is pushing $8 here.

I honetly find it quite comical that you would take such offense at me suggesting a cheap, healthy shopping list as an affront to the honor of you unrequited love, Wendy the Burger Mascot.
    You're going into projection land.
    The only thing offensive is that idiots like you have access to the outside world.
    I clearly stated it would be a sacrifice.

Now while i do derive some pleasure that i made you type out all of that bullshit, your dumbassedness is quite hilarious, your gibbering on about me eating fast food is getting tedious.
    The fallacies are falling out of your brain faster than you can type it seems.

I'll leave you with one more thing to make your head explode:
    Fast food makes even more sense when you make lots of money, like me.
    Why the hell would i waste time cooking, shopping etc when there's so much money to be made?
    Ever been to NYC?
    Cooking at home is a rarity for many there.
    I have a friend who bills $450/hr, you think cooking is "worth his time"? lol

So yeah, go on with your budgets.
    You are dumb.

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:22am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Not much at all. I buy a bag of feed for about 12 dollars once a month. I take a scoop of feed out to them every day or table scraps. They love table scraps! I keep a waterer hanging in there that has to be refilled every other week at the most. I get about 14 eggs a week, from 2 hens.

I use a deep bedding method, so I only have to shovel out the coop once a year, and then I use that in my garden before planting.

My friend's garden is 12 times the size of his chicken coop, 2 rows of 6 "coops".
    The coop is mobile so he moves it over one "coop's width" every so often and has a system of mulching/turning the manure in/replanting based on "following" the coop around the plot.
    It seems to work amazing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:30am

Style: sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread for some reason evokes images of looking at a cancer patient and yelling at him that he should have spent less time out in the sun.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Considering that this criticism is coming from some arguing that fast food is better than home cooked, unprocessed ingredients I can't really take your coment seriously.
    Ramen + stuff in it isn't exactly unprocessed ingredients.

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:50am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and one more for you Machette[sic].
    See the problem is you are poor and dumb*, so you have that poverty mindset and fail to see how a temporary sacrifice can have long term benefits.

You have also failed to consider how socio-economic status plays a role in your long term health.
    The person scarfing down fast food in order to work another hour of overtime and still make it to night class could very well be living an entirely different life in a few years; unlike the person worried about the perils of the EVIL FAST FOOD who spends that time cooking at home.

Yes fast food sucks, but i get why SOME people eat it even if i don't.

* You are dumb because you can't spell machete even though the spell check flags it here, and you're too poor to have it changed even though it drives you mad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:55am

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post

How do you keep predators out of your coop, out of interest? I don't know what your regular chicken fiends are over there, but we have a couple of local foxes that come into our garden and they can shin up a fence like rats, so just a big wall wouldn't be enough to keep them out.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    My friend's garden is 12 times the size of his chicken coop, 2 rows of 6 "coops".
    The coop is mobile so he moves it over one "coop's width" every so often and has a system of mulching/turning the manure in/replanting based on "following" the coop around the plot.
    It seems to work amazing.
    Yeah, around here, that is called a Chicken Tractor. I've seen lots of cool ones. And not only o the chickens mulch and fertilize the area, they also clean it of bugs. They love bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    How do you keep predators out of your coop, out of interest? I don't know what your regular chicken fiends are over there, but we have a couple of local foxes that come into our garden and they can shin up a fence like rats, so just a big wall wouldn't be enough to keep them out.
    My coop is wrapped in chicken wire, even along the bottom. It has an enclose coop in the back where they roost, and the run in the front. The top, bottom, and sides have chicken wire to keep out the preditors. We mostly have racoons, armadillos, and dogs. We have a barn cat that keeps rats and mice under control.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast