Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that's why everyone should raise their own chickens!! Do it!!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 1:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    GHAAAHHHHH! NO!!

$4: Two Dozen Eggs

$5: 4 lbs Frozen Chicken

$6: 6lbs Mixed frozen Vegetables

Add to Ramen in whatever ratio / mix you please.

Six days of OK food, no McDillhole's, $15.

You're still ignoring time.
    No one said you couldn't add anything to ramen.
    No one said fast food is a great choice.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 2:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    In all fairness even with cooking chicken you can knock out ramen in almost the same amount of time you spend sitting in a drive thru.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A ramen pack plus veggies and chicken (or egg) can be prepared from scratch in ten minues flat on two burners or one burner and a broiler.

Less time than traveling to a fast food resturant, idling in the queue and waiting on your order. About 1/3 the price as well.

If' you're too dang lazy or impatient to make that small of a lifestyle adjustment in the name of better health then you deserve to get fat and lose a foot. Such is the cost of a piss poor attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Plus, eggs are free now, because I raise my own chickens! Bam! And have a garden!
    True wealth!

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 4:59pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    And that's why everyone should raise their own chickens!! Do it!!
    Just curious how much time a week do you spend tending to your chickens, how much does it cost to feed them, and how many eggs a week do you get?

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 7:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    A ramen pack plus veggies and chicken (or egg) can be prepared from scratch in ten minues flat on two burners or one burner and a broiler.

Less time than traveling to a fast food resturant, idling in the queue and waiting on your order. About 1/3 the price as well.
    You're a fucking idiot.
    It's not really cheaper and you have to shop, cook AND clean up. Electricity is in there too.
    Your red herring about travel time is about as stupid as it comes.
    Fast food is convenient because it's ALREADY ON THE WAY TO WHERE YOU'RE GOING.
    So no, you' be done eating before you even got home.

If' you're too dang lazy or impatient to make that small of a lifestyle adjustment in the name of better health then you deserve to get fat and lose a foot. Such is the cost of a piss poor attitude.

Again, if one has few options, it's actually a perfectly understandable sacrifice, your fallacies notwithstanding.
    I might save $2 tops cooking a meal in your hypothetical, but I might have used up an extra hour between shopping, cooking, eating, cleaning etc., per meal.
    (NO you can't eat ramen right way, unlike a couple of $1 burgers. It even takes longer to eat once it's cooled.)
    One would be be better off making minimum wage for another hour.

Of course none of this has anything to do with me, i'm just pointing out how dumb you are.
    I can't remember the last time i had fast food, i just went for a beautiful 1 mile ocean swim and i'm gonna eat amazing fresh food tonight at the local farmer's market.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 9:05pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OOH SWEET! I GET TO SOCCER KICK CHENG'S STUPID FAT ASS AROUND THE BOARD FOR A WHILE!

You're a fucking idiot.
    Considering that this criticism is coming from some arguing that fast food is better than home cooked, unprocessed ingredients I can't really take your coment seriously.

It's not really cheaper and you have to shop, cook AND clean up. Electricity is in there too.
    Ok Poindexter, let's see you travel to and feed yourself at McD's for six days straight on $15.

Yeah, I didn't think so...

Your red herring about travel time is about as stupid as it comes.
    Unless you live within walking distance of a fast food joint (a cheap one at that, $15 isn't even two meals Burgerville) then it's not a red hearing at all.

Fast food is convenient because it's ALREADY ON THE WAY TO WHERE YOU'RE GOING.
    Sure, if your destination is "Fat **** No Legs-Ville". Sadle up and ride, Cheng! I ain't trying to stop you.

I honetly find it quite comical that you would take such offense at me suggesting a cheap, healthy shopping list as an affront to the honor of you unrequited love, Wendy the Burger Mascot.

So no, you' be done eating before you even got home.
    If someone was the kind of impatient, ravenous glutton who can barely wait till the next red light to stuff handfulls of pink slime filler and nitrates down their gullet, then sure, I could see that happening....

Again, if one has few options, it's actually a perfectly understandable sacrifice, your fallacies notwithstanding.
    The mistake you're making here is assuming I've never been faced with the dirth of options you describe.

While you're idling in the drive through I'm buying fresh on the way home. The price of cheap healthy food is that you'll have to think a little harder, plan a little better and work a little more.

Since that requires both brains and effort I can see why you would resist such an idea. Stop being suck a lazy, whiny bitch, Cheng!

I might save $2 tops cooking a meal in your hypothetical, but I might have used up an extra hour between shopping, cooking, eating, cleaning etc., per meal.
    Two points:

1) On a $15 / 6 day budget $2 is 2.5 days expenditure. Over six days you've saved $12 and not poisoned yourself or setback your health goals. Invest in a calculator (if you have the brains to use one).

2) Yeah it takes more time. Sacrifices have to be made to eat healthier on a shoe string budget. That's the trade of between the convenience of cheap unhealthy food and the value & nutrition of cheap healthy food.

But I can why such a "complicated" concept would fly right over your bloated, french fry scarfing head...

(NO you can't eat ramen right way, unlike a couple of $1 burgers. It even takes longer to eat once it's cooled.)
    You're a fucking ***** if you can't eat hot food.

Maybe you're too used to luke warm **** burgers that have been cultivating their ecoli load under a heat lamp for six hours?

HTFU, bitch.

One would be be better off making minimum wage for another hour.
    That a nice strawman you've got there Peng. You suck his dick for money or just for fun?

Of course none of this has anything to do with me, i'm just pointing out how dumb you are.
    For taking the ten minutes to cook a meal instead of huffing exaust fumes at the drive through waiting for my carb load to exit the deep fryer?

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, aint it?

I can't remember the last time i had fast food, i just went for a beautiful 1 mile ocean swim and i'm gonna eat amazing fresh food tonight at the local farmer's market.
    God, why would you do that?!? THE COOKING!!! THE CLEANING!!!! THE FRACTION OF A KILLOWATT HOUR!!!!!! THE HEAT FROM THE FOOD!!!! YOU MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT FIVE MINTUES FOR YOUR MEAL TO REST!!!!!!!!! OH LORD THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

The best part of this is, you just contradicted your entire argument.

Game point, Dumb ****.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 6/27/2013 9:36pm at .

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 10:59pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correction, $15 / 6 days is $2.50 a day.

That "two dollar savings" is almost enough to cover the whole next days food budget under those contraints.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 12:46am

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not all diabetes can be prevented, its an auto immune disease and even healthy people can develop it through no fault of their own, ok being obese can lead to type 2 developing but not all type 2,s are or have been obese!

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 12:47am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't but you all but the **** off the $1 menu is rarely if ever satiates me. Lets be honest the **** that isn't on the "value" menu at the fast food places is damn expensive.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast