Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 10:20pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

mini monk starts shotokan this monday!

Oh yeah! mini monk starts her Martial arts journey on Monday. She is 8 yrs old and I think I'm just as excited as she is. Her Instructor will be Bob Hagen (I think is how his name is spelled) A 3rd degree black belt and He is afilliated with the Northwest Shotokan association. in Vancouver WA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 10:28pm

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk View Post
    Oh yeah! mini monk starts her Martial arts journey on Monday. She is 8 yrs old and I think I'm just as excited as she is. Her Instructor will be Bob Hagen (I think is how his name is spelled) A 3rd degree black belt and He is afilliated with the Northwest Shotokan association. in Vancouver WA.
    Congrats! Thinking about getting my little boy started on his journey as well, so I'd appreciate any tips you've got as you start with your kiddo...good luck!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2013 7:55am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Long time no see hoodedmonk.

How was it the two of you decided on Shotokan for an introduction to the martial arts?

Posted On:
    10/06/2013 9:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Long time no see hoodedmonk.

How was it the two of you decided on Shotokan for an introduction to the martial arts?
    Hey Joe How ya been? It's good to see a couple of friendly avatars/user names still around. Do to time constraints and what's available that we can make it to she had to choices! TKD and Shotokan. I took her to both and let her watch a class and meet the instructors and let her make the decision. She chose Shotokan and seemed sure of her decision. It really didnt make to much of a difference one way or the other to me but if I was picking for me, my choice would have been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    Congrats! Thinking about getting my little boy started on his journey as well, so I'd appreciate any tips you've got as you start with your kiddo...good luck!
    Will do!

Posted On:
    10/09/2013 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Day two complete! she loves it! Mom says she woke up before school and said "today is Karate day!" I hope she sticks with it.