Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 5:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Huh? What was 'good against chain mail(sic)' then? I mean, armor fucking worked, that's why people used it.
    Arrows. Pikes. Bludgeons.

Kind of a low percentage target, though.
    Actually, the only decent target against someone holding a shield that size.

Just out of curiosity, as a child did you marvel at how the blue paint tasted just like the red paint?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 6:11pm

Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Arrows. Pikes. Bludgeons.
    An axe that doesn't cut is functionally a hammer. It 'bludgeons' pretty well.

As for pikes, they really wouldn't work any better against mail than any other stabbing blade, since they were just spear blades on much longer shafts most of the time. The idea that a middle ages European pike is great against chain is also kind of silly since they weren't really contemporary - when the pike was a hot item in military circles armor was mostly plate. (And the ancient pike, the Macedonian Sarissa, predated widespread mail).

Actually, the only decent target against someone holding a shield that size.
    Other than the arm or the head, maybe. I'm still calling it a low percentage target.

Just out of curiosity, as a child did you marvel at how the blue paint tasted just like the red paint?
    Both were sugary sweet. But I'm still smarter, taller and better looking than you.

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 7:52pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An axe that doesn't cut is functionally a hammer. It 'bludgeons' pretty well.
    So does my dick. The **** is your point?

As for pikes...
    Shut the **** up and enjoy the video, dipshit.

Other than the arm or the head, maybe. I'm still calling it a low percentage target.
    And I'm calling you a fucking moron.

FYI, legs are great targets. If you dissable the legs you can leave the fight at will or dominate as you see fit.

Since you don't know that. I'm going to have to call your "fighting experience" into question. Because holy **** are you posting some retarded **** right now.

Both were sugary sweet.
    I knew it...

But I'm still smarter, taller and better looking than you.
    Bitch, please.

Lurk more, post less.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I'm calling you a fucking moron.
    And let me tell you, your disapproval has me all broken up over here.

FYI, legs are great targets. If you dissable the legs you can leave the fight at will or dominate as you see fit.

What part of that statement doesn't apply to the head or the arm holding their weapon again? And an ankle isn't a leg but you can go ahead an move those goal posts if it makes you feel like you're winning an argument.

Since you don't know that. I'm going to have to call your "fighting experience" into question. Because holy **** are you posting some retarded **** right now.
    My overall fighting experience isn't tremendous and I'll be the first to admit it. On the other hand, I've done some HEMA fighting and know that taking a shot at someones ankle is a pretty low percentage attack. You're reaching to get to it and possibly leaving yourself open to a counter AND to avoid you all they have to do is pivot or drop the shield. But whatever, call me a ****** or something and pretend you have a point.

Also, Mr 'fighting experience' you're talking about the effectiveness of fucking PIKES AND ARROWS so I think the argument went out of the bounds of actual fighting experience in your first craptacular post.

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 8:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And let me tell you, your disapproval has me all broken up over here.
    Nut the **** up, *****.

What part of that statement doesn't apply to the head or the arm holding their weapon again? And an ankle isn't a leg but you can go ahead an move those goal posts if it makes you feel like you're winning an argument.
    There's no argument happening here. You are factually dumb as a bag of **** and each post you make proves my point further.

My overall fighting experience isn't tremendous and I'll be the first to admit it.
    You don't have to "admit" to anything. You adequately demonstrated your lack of experience with your retarded musings.

On the other hand, I've done some HEMA fighting and know that taking a shot at someones ankle is a pretty low percentage attack.
    Or maybe you just suck at fighting due to a lack of experience.

You're reaching to get to it and possibly leaving yourself open to a counter AND to avoid you all they have to do is pivot or drop the shield.
    Only because you don't know how to do it right. It can be a great setup pick to attack the head if you're not a mouth breathing dumb ****.

The humor here is that your losing a hypothetical fight in your own mind. Even in your imagination, you suck at fighting...

But whatever, call me a ****** or something and pretend you have a point.
    You've proven my point for me.

As for faggotry? I don't really care what you do with yourself. Though I do hope you give blow jobs better than your martial theory. Everybody needs an occupation...

Also, Mr 'fighting experience' you're talking about the effectiveness of fucking PIKES AND ARROWS so I think the argument went out of the bounds of actual fighting experience in your first craptacular post.
    Actually, I just brought up weapons that are capable of puncturing mail. It's not my fault you are too ignorant to read a history book or even do a simple google search:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 9:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I just brought up weapons that are capable of puncturing mail. It's not my fault you are too ignorant to read a history book or even do a simple google search:

So wait, you're bagging on me for lacking fight experience and being overly theoretical and then you're appealing to the authority of some LARPer shooting at non-riveted, non-welded mail? And again, no fucking pikes.

And as for that, cutting weapons can inflict real wounds through actual fucking mail not made by a teenager in his parents basement.

So swords, bodkins and your dick are all 'good against chain mail' now, I guess. But not axes. Got it.

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 9:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So swords, bodkins and your dick are all 'good against chain mail' now, I guess. But not axes. Got it.
    Hey dumbfuck. Who in this thread argued that axes are inefective?

You're the only one trying to claim that chainmail is impervious because people used to wear it for protection. I guess that makes my jock strap invincible. You better contact General Dynamics and tell them of your revolutionary new armor system before someone on this thread steals your idea.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 6/21/2013 10:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 10:02pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey dumbfuck. Who in this thread argued that axes are inefective?
    This guy. Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoscant View Post
    Axes weren't very good vs chainmail (by very good I mean higher deflection rate; by no means did it prevent crushing damage).
    Then you jumped in with your arrows and bludgeons **** which, in context, sure looked like a post in support of that dudes 'axes aren't good against chain mail' dipshittery then you further supported that with your Pennsic wanna-be video.

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 10:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy. Try to keep up.
    There you go with your dumb fukery again. I am well aware that you are the only person in this thread making the point and then arguing against yourself.

Then you jumped in with your arrows and bludgeons **** which, in context, sure looked like a post in support of that dudes 'axes aren't good against chain mail' dipshittery then you further supported that with your Pennsic wanna-be video.
    No, I provided IRL proof that contrary to your claims, mail can be penetrated with one of the weapons I mentioned.

If you had actually watched the video you would have noticed that the poster discussing the lack of welds and rivets, which he claimed was period accurate.

That is far and above anything you have brought to this conversation (your contribution being ADMITEDLY ignorant martial masturbation).

Since you have nothing of substance to add you'd best go jerk yourself off some where else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2013 11:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you had actually watched the video you would have noticed that the poster discussing the lack of welds and rivets, which he claimed was period accurate.
    In what period was that accurate? Because I submit his claim is factually wrong.

I'm arguing against the statement that axes are 'not good against chainmail' and that your video evidence is worth a **** in support of any argument.

No, I provided IRL proof that contrary to your claims, mail can be penetrated with one of the weapons I mentioned.
    Where did I make this claim?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast