228164 Bullies, 4682 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 38
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 5:34pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Huh? What was 'good against chain mail(sic)' then? I mean, armor fucking worked, that's why people used it.
    Arrows. Pikes. Bludgeons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Kind of a low percentage target, though.
    Actually, the only decent target against someone holding a shield that size.

    Just out of curiosity, as a child did you marvel at how the blue paint tasted just like the red paint?
  2. Zod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    182

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 6:11pm


     Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

    -3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Arrows. Pikes. Bludgeons.
    An axe that doesn't cut is functionally a hammer. It 'bludgeons' pretty well.

    As for pikes, they really wouldn't work any better against mail than any other stabbing blade, since they were just spear blades on much longer shafts most of the time. The idea that a middle ages European pike is great against chain is also kind of silly since they weren't really contemporary - when the pike was a hot item in military circles armor was mostly plate. (And the ancient pike, the Macedonian Sarissa, predated widespread mail).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Actually, the only decent target against someone holding a shield that size.
    Other than the arm or the head, maybe. I'm still calling it a low percentage target.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Just out of curiosity, as a child did you marvel at how the blue paint tasted just like the red paint?
    Both were sugary sweet. But I'm still smarter, taller and better looking than you.
  3. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 7:52pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    An axe that doesn't cut is functionally a hammer. It 'bludgeons' pretty well.
    So does my dick. The **** is your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    As for pikes...
    Shut the **** up and enjoy the video, dipshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Other than the arm or the head, maybe. I'm still calling it a low percentage target.
    And I'm calling you a fucking moron.

    FYI, legs are great targets. If you dissable the legs you can leave the fight at will or dominate as you see fit.

    Since you don't know that. I'm going to have to call your "fighting experience" into question. Because holy **** are you posting some retarded **** right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Both were sugary sweet.
    I knew it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    But I'm still smarter, taller and better looking than you.
    Bitch, please.

    Lurk more, post less.
  4. Zod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    182

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 8:17pm


     Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    And I'm calling you a fucking moron.
    And let me tell you, your disapproval has me all broken up over here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    FYI, legs are great targets. If you dissable the legs you can leave the fight at will or dominate as you see fit.

    What part of that statement doesn't apply to the head or the arm holding their weapon again? And an ankle isn't a leg but you can go ahead an move those goal posts if it makes you feel like you're winning an argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Since you don't know that. I'm going to have to call your "fighting experience" into question. Because holy **** are you posting some retarded **** right now.
    My overall fighting experience isn't tremendous and I'll be the first to admit it. On the other hand, I've done some HEMA fighting and know that taking a shot at someones ankle is a pretty low percentage attack. You're reaching to get to it and possibly leaving yourself open to a counter AND to avoid you all they have to do is pivot or drop the shield. But whatever, call me a ****** or something and pretend you have a point.

    Also, Mr 'fighting experience' you're talking about the effectiveness of fucking PIKES AND ARROWS so I think the argument went out of the bounds of actual fighting experience in your first craptacular post.
  5. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 8:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    And let me tell you, your disapproval has me all broken up over here.
    Nut the **** up, *****.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    What part of that statement doesn't apply to the head or the arm holding their weapon again? And an ankle isn't a leg but you can go ahead an move those goal posts if it makes you feel like you're winning an argument.
    There's no argument happening here. You are factually dumb as a bag of **** and each post you make proves my point further.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    My overall fighting experience isn't tremendous and I'll be the first to admit it.
    You don't have to "admit" to anything. You adequately demonstrated your lack of experience with your retarded musings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    On the other hand, I've done some HEMA fighting and know that taking a shot at someones ankle is a pretty low percentage attack.
    Or maybe you just suck at fighting due to a lack of experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    You're reaching to get to it and possibly leaving yourself open to a counter AND to avoid you all they have to do is pivot or drop the shield.
    Only because you don't know how to do it right. It can be a great setup pick to attack the head if you're not a mouth breathing dumb ****.

    The humor here is that your losing a hypothetical fight in your own mind. Even in your imagination, you suck at fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    But whatever, call me a ****** or something and pretend you have a point.
    You've proven my point for me.

    As for faggotry? I don't really care what you do with yourself. Though I do hope you give blow jobs better than your martial theory. Everybody needs an occupation...


    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Also, Mr 'fighting experience' you're talking about the effectiveness of fucking PIKES AND ARROWS so I think the argument went out of the bounds of actual fighting experience in your first craptacular post.
    Actually, I just brought up weapons that are capable of puncturing mail. It's not my fault you are too ignorant to read a history book or even do a simple google search:

  6. Zod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    182

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 9:30pm


     Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Actually, I just brought up weapons that are capable of puncturing mail. It's not my fault you are too ignorant to read a history book or even do a simple google search:

    So wait, you're bagging on me for lacking fight experience and being overly theoretical and then you're appealing to the authority of some LARPer shooting at non-riveted, non-welded mail? And again, no fucking pikes.

    And as for that, cutting weapons can inflict real wounds through actual fucking mail not made by a teenager in his parents basement.



    So swords, bodkins and your dick are all 'good against chain mail' now, I guess. But not axes. Got it.
  7. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 9:53pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    So swords, bodkins and your dick are all 'good against chain mail' now, I guess. But not axes. Got it.
    Hey dumbfuck. Who in this thread argued that axes are inefective?

    You're the only one trying to claim that chainmail is impervious because people used to wear it for protection. I guess that makes my jock strap invincible. You better contact General Dynamics and tell them of your revolutionary new armor system before someone on this thread steals your idea.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 6/21/2013 10:32pm at .
  8. Zod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    182

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 10:02pm


     Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Hey dumbfuck. Who in this thread argued that axes are inefective?
    This guy. Try to keep up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoscant View Post
    Axes weren't very good vs chainmail (by very good I mean higher deflection rate; by no means did it prevent crushing damage).
    Then you jumped in with your arrows and bludgeons **** which, in context, sure looked like a post in support of that dudes 'axes aren't good against chain mail' dipshittery then you further supported that with your Pennsic wanna-be video.
  9. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 10:37pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    This guy. Try to keep up.
    There you go with your dumb fukery again. I am well aware that you are the only person in this thread making the point and then arguing against yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Then you jumped in with your arrows and bludgeons **** which, in context, sure looked like a post in support of that dudes 'axes aren't good against chain mail' dipshittery then you further supported that with your Pennsic wanna-be video.
    No, I provided IRL proof that contrary to your claims, mail can be penetrated with one of the weapons I mentioned.

    If you had actually watched the video you would have noticed that the poster discussing the lack of welds and rivets, which he claimed was period accurate.

    That is far and above anything you have brought to this conversation (your contribution being ADMITEDLY ignorant martial masturbation).

    Since you have nothing of substance to add you'd best go jerk yourself off some where else.
  10. Zod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    182

    Posted On:
    6/21/2013 11:02pm


     Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    If you had actually watched the video you would have noticed that the poster discussing the lack of welds and rivets, which he claimed was period accurate.
    In what period was that accurate? Because I submit his claim is factually wrong.

    I'm arguing against the statement that axes are 'not good against chainmail' and that your video evidence is worth a **** in support of any argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    No, I provided IRL proof that contrary to your claims, mail can be penetrated with one of the weapons I mentioned.
    Where did I make this claim?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.