Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2015 8:20am

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vegetarian diet

Okay, so I'm a vegetarian and i need a diet. I want to lose weight, and i try to eat alittle healthier and also I train as much as I can. I will not answer questions asking why i do not eat meat. Eggs and milk products are okay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2015 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I strongly recommend Forks over knives. You'll get some solid info concerning diet there. Plus yummy recipes.
    http://www.forksoverknives.com/

Many bullies probably look at you with some scorn, but I fully support your choice. After all we're all in the same boat. Another video from forks over knives fb:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/la-sierra-high-pe

Posted On:
    3/25/2015 7:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ blue, judo ikkyu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Napsu67 View Post
    Okay, so I'm a vegetarian and i need a diet. I want to lose weight, and i try to eat alittle healthier and also I train as much as I can. I will not answer questions asking why i do not eat meat. Eggs and milk products are okay.
    1point2 is an idiot and should not be allowed to post, please ignore me
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    3/25/2015 7:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ blue, judo ikkyu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a meat-eater, but I have thoughts anyway.

Lots of protein is helpful for all your goals, so lots of high-quality farm eggs with the deep-orange yolks that you know were pastured would probably be a staple. I'd also make it a priority to find a high-quality source of whole milk, butter, and full-fat yogurt, all from grass-fed cows. Grass-fed is more important than organic.

If I were a vegetarian, I'd focus on really high quality eggs and dairy and eat lots of both at every meal alongside veggies with a modest amount of butter or coconut oil or olive oil. Add or remove starches and fruits as necessary to support training, but prioritize them last, and recognize that cutting back on starches, fruits, and oils is going to be your best tactic for weight loss. No soda, little juice, no junk food, and I can't recommend faux meat.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2015 4:22pm

Style: Fox Style / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive been vegan before and it's actually not that bad but you have to eat a lot more and take in a lot of variety. Green, orange, purple, and red veggies

I even ate a 1 or 2 pound salad every now and then

Posted On:
    4/08/2015 1:18pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife does all the cooking and she's mostly vegetarian. She still cooks with eggs and dairy. We eat a shitload of beans, rice, vegetables of course, and nuts. We also eat quinoa, rice, potatoes, or pasta with most meals. I don't really eat for weight loss though. There's a lot you can do with the aforementioned staples. I recommend indigenous recipes rather than going for meat replacement products. Indian food, Spanish and carribean beans and rice recipes are great, also quiche is good on occasion. But I eat meat too when I cook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2015 12:15pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only knowing that you're a vegetarian and not knowing what else you eat, I suggest:

1. cut all sugars (except fruits). cut all sodas and nasty artificial sweetners
    2. eat only healthy carbs. Cut pasta and breads. Boxed pasta and breads contain a lot of sugars in it and MSG. Eat white rice, sweet potatoes, chard, broccoli, kale (super foods that contain carbs)
    3. find the vegetarian version of protein that is NOT tofu. You need that protein for the muscles to gain fuel and for the fat to eat it self out.

Hope it helps

Posted On:
    5/23/2015 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, "dieting" doesn't work - you need to change your eating habits to healthier ones and make it part of your lifestyle.

You may want to check out using a food-tracking app like MyFitnessPal for a while, which can help you get a sense of where the high-calorie stuff in your diet is and what kind of portions you should be eating.

I'd recommend eating a lot of whole grains, beans, and veggies. Those things will keep you feeling full for a lot longer than white flour/rice and sugary stuff. Try to eat fruit or a protein bar for a snack instead of chips or candy, and cut out soda and other sugary drinks. Don't completely cut out junk food, that'll make you want to "cheat", but limit how often you eat them and how much you eat. If you're looking for good protein sources - lentils, eggs, tofu, low-fat dairy like cottage cheese or greek yogurt, you can make a smoothie of fruit and protein powder, etc.

Here are a few meals I make:
    -whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, and I put some white beans and veggies in the sauce
    -couscous with chickpeas and mushrooms, plus a salad
    -beans & rice bowl - sauté onion with cumin & hot sauce, add can of tomatos & canned beans, then serve over rice with some spinach, avocado and hot sauce