Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 12:59pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

If a woman wants to be safe she must live in the civilized part of the world

Reading the comments here makes me appreciate that I live in the civilized part of the world. If you have a need to use firearms for home protection, there is something seriously wrong with the society that you live in.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 1:02pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    Reading the comments here makes me appreciate that I live in the civilized part of the world. If you have a need to use firearms for home protection, there is something seriously wrong with the society that you live in.
    There are people in every society that will kill you, **** your wife and children, take all your **** and leave - just for the fun of it. Failing to recognize that threat doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means you have your head up your ass.
    Last edited by Devil; 6/25/2013 1:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 1:32pm

Style: krav maga, bjj, mma,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil. You say you need a firearm and thats a fair point but some people do not have that luxury. Some of us live in places where firearms are illegal. You say if you dont have a firearm you are wrong but as I said not everyone has that choice.

Killface I am still undecided about how I feel about firearms being legal in general, at the moment I think I am glad to live in a country without them but I dont think they should be taken away from people in America either. This break in and assault could have happened in any country with or without firearms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 1:37pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    There are people in every society that will kill you, **** your wife and children, take all your **** and leave - just for the fun of it. Failing to recognize that threat doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means you have your head up your ass.
    True but these people are very rare and the likehood of me becoming a victim of these people is very small. It it not worth to invest time and energy in this "treat" when there are better things to do.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 1:43pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos13th View Post
    Devil. You say you need a firearm and thats a fair point but some people do not have that luxury. Some of us live in places where firearms are illegal. You say if you dont have a firearm you are wrong but as I said not everyone has that choice.
    If you can't legally own a firearm, then you can't. You live in an oppressive society and your government is putting you in a position of weakness. Your family as in danger and you can't defend yourself against criminals who obtain firearms. Simple.

True but these people are very rare and the likehood of me becoming a victim of these people is very small. It it not worth to invest time and energy in this "treat" when there are better things to do.
    That sounds really smart until someone is fucking your children.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 1:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos13th View Post
    Killface I am still undecided about how I feel about firearms being legal in general, at the moment I think I am glad to live in a country without them but I dont think they should be taken away from people in America either. This break in and assault could have happened in any country with or without firearms.
    I basically agree with you. Sometimes I am quite glad to live in a country were not everyone has an firearm but on the other hand there are strong points for the right to carry arms from an political point of view. I think neither banning guns completely is a solution (as people always find ways to get them) nor no gun-control at all. One needs to find some good compromise.

Anyway the point is: nobody should NEED to own guns to protect themselves.

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 1:48pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But we do. I do and you do. The difference between you and I is that I acknowledge the need and you ignore it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 1:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

But that isn't what you said.
    So, no, that wasn't your point.

So, apparently any place that uses firearms for home protection is uncivilized and something is wrong with that society. Does this apply to all weapons or the ones that upset you?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 5:06pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    But we do. I do and you do. The difference between you and I is that I acknowledge the need and you ignore it.
    I doubt you really need. If you really want to claim this you need to crawl up some statistics and calculate the like-hood of an home assault (actual assault, not robbery). If it is at least 1/2 of the like-hood of dieing in an car accident, I am going to change my mind and you win. For now, you are just talking bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    But that isn't what you said. So, no, that wasn't your point.

So, apparently any place that uses firearms for home protection is uncivilized and something is wrong with that society. Does this apply to all weapons or the ones that upset you?
    Is my English really so hard to understand or are you playing games?

"any place that uses firearms for home protection is uncivilized" Bullshit, never said that!
    A society were being assaulted is so common that fire-arms are a must, is obviously less civilized than one were this is not.

I donít even argue if using fire-arms as a means of protection is good or bad. It is all your imagination.

"Does this apply to all weapons or the ones that upset you??" WTF? Where in the fucking post do I talk about weapon upsetting me. Why the **** would I get upset on a tool?

How about you ague about the things I actually wrote?
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast