Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 8:11am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does your ferret actually do anything with the stuff it takes? Mine used to hide everything under the sofa. Remote controls were her speciality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 8:18am

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Does your ferret actually do anything with the stuff it takes? Mine used to hide everything under the sofa. Remote controls were her speciality.
    Not really, he just likes to have it. As far as he's concerned once a thing is under the cupboard it's his, and under no circumstances should it become anybody else's. He's a gentle boy though, so when I do have to clean out his stash I just get really disapproving looks and then he follows me around the house begging.

Awwww, she sounds like a cutie! We had a hob who used to steal remote controls right out of our hands. He'd go all flat and creep up the bed as though we couldn't see him then slowly, slowly, grab hold of the remote in his teeth and back away down the bed again.
    Last edited by Katje; 7/04/2013 8:21am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 8:29am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol. We need a "Ferret Fanciers" thread.

Second thoughts; scrub that title.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Lol. We need a "Ferret Fanciers" thread.

Second thoughts; scrub that title.
    Looks like Cake wants to volunteer to be ferret trouserleg tester

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 12:19pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the first thing I like to teach a new puppy is not to growl when you approach its food. people often think this is cute, but this is the most likely way a puppy will learn that agression will deter human intervention, and is a common reason for a bitting incident, especially with kids

When you give the puppy it's dinner, let him start to eat then move your hand to take back the food

When he growls, and he is sure to at first, I give it the 'BAD DOG', a sharp slap on the nose and take away the food. I will then after 5 mins or so give the pup it's dinner and let it eat unhindered

I will repeat this at every meal till puppy knows that growling over food is not OK

I still test my dog after 5 years. Any dog should allow you to take the food from it's mouth without growling or fear of biting. Alas many dogs would not

I also teach new pups to sit and wait until given the command to eat before they start thier food from the get go

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 2:43pm

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    One of the first thing I like to teach a new puppy is not to growl when you approach its food. people often think this is cute, but this is the most likely way a puppy will learn that agression will deter human intervention, and is a common reason for a bitting incident, especially with kids

When you give the puppy it's dinner, let him start to eat then move your hand to take back the food

When he growls, and he is sure to at first, I give it the 'BAD DOG', a sharp slap on the nose and take away the food. I will then after 5 mins or so give the pup it's dinner and let it eat unhindered

I will repeat this at every meal till puppy knows that growling over food is not OK

I still test my dog after 5 years. Any dog should allow you to take the food from it's mouth without growling or fear of biting. Alas many dogs would not

I also teach new pups to sit and wait until given the command to eat before they start thier food from the get go
    I tried that with Adel, i have 4 stitches on my eyeball.
    Just kidding, she is so cute, also very submissive, almost tentative, if i come quick when she has something in her mouth she would drop it. Would not growl when i push my hand into her bowl. She gets a little braver everyday, but still very submissive.
    I just bought her a stuffed teddy bear, something cheap she can **** up....she got all rotty on it now, and as i write this she is totally knackered all over it. I found out that buying toys at a kids store is much cheaper than a pets store for basically the same crap...I missed a week of boxing, and i didn't care, just want to run back home to my babe...
    Also, those ferrets are really cute, can you domesticate a raccoon too?

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 2:56pm

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I tried that with Adel, i have 4 stitches on my eyeball.
    Just kidding, she is so cute, also very submissive, almost tentative, if i come quick when she has something in her mouth she would drop it. Would not growl when i push my hand into her bowl. She gets a little braver everyday, but still very submissive.
    I just bought her a stuffed teddy bear, something cheap she can **** up....she got all rotty on it now, and as i write this she is totally knackered all over it. I found out that buying toys at a kids store is much cheaper than a pets store for basically the same crap...I missed a week of boxing, and i didn't care, just want to run back home to my babe...
    Also, those ferrets are really cute, can you domesticate a raccoon too?
    Make sure the toys have embroidered or cloth eyes not button eyes, the button ones can choke a dog or puncture it's digestive system.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 7:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor View Post
    Make sure the toys have embroidered or cloth eyes not button eyes, the button ones can choke a dog or puncture it's digestive system.
    Interesting point Dougie

I give puppies a potatoe to chew and play with

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 4:12am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like Cake wants to volunteer to be ferret trouserleg tester
    Ferrets nibbling the earlobes is bad enough so there is no way I'd put one near my dangly man bits. I'll leave that to the Yorkshiremen.

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 5:29am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting point Dougie

I give puppies a potatoe to chew and play with
    I have never met a dog who didn't like a cabbage or broccolli stalk plus it cleans their teeth as they chew it, makes a mess though.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast