Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2014 10:11pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I watch a lot of foreign stuff, but I generally stick to more modern Hong Kong action movies over stuff lie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon or House of Flying Daggers. I went into Man of Tai Chi expecting a total shitfest, and instead I got something that worked okay for the first 80% or so of the movie. As far as I am concerned, the last two fight scenes did not happen (Tiger vs his master and Tiger vs. Keanu). Up until that point it's a decent MA movie. My problem with The Grandmaster was that it was just boring. It tried to do several different things and sort of failed to do any of them. Man of Tai Chi was nothing special, but until the stupid started near the end I was thoroughly entertained. This was a weak year for MA movies though. The important thing is thast we only have to wait until March for The Raid 2: Berendal.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/21/2014 10:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you described happened in Man of Tai Chi. So, for me it was a formulaic shitfest with mediocrefight scenes. Then again. Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung figured out how to incorporate aspects of BJJ into a realistic fight scene in SPL, so this movie scored no points with me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2014 10:25pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    What you described happened in Man of Tai Chi. So, for me it was a formulaic shitfest with mediocrefight scenes. Then again. Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung figured out how to incorporate aspects of BJJ into a realistic fight scene in SPL, so this movie scored no points with me.
    I loved Kill Zone, and I actually own Flashpoint on Blu-Ray, so I agree with you on that one: those two guys are amazing.

I just wish that Tony Jaa would go back to making movies with the guy that directed Chocolate. His last few outings haven't been that hot, and that makes me sad, because it was Ong Bak that originally got me to look into Muay Thai.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    1/21/2014 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is what a Tai Chi opus really looks like

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567