Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2014 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    If its been nailed down that he doesn't have a brown belt in BJJ we should do an encylopedia article. If not, we could memorialize him as douchebag of the month because of the repeated beatings he gave his girlfriend.
    I can pass along the email from ATT that says he holds absolutely no rank with them if you'd like.

Posted On:
    2/07/2014 1:37pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since he now is in jail, I could always contact his criminal lawyer and ask him for written responses to questions. Does anyone want to make a list?

Example:

1) What specific rank do you claim in Brazilian JJ? What is the name of the person who awarded you this rank, and where and when was this rank awarded?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2014 2:09pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Since he now is in jail, I could always contact his criminal lawyer and ask him for written responses to questions. Does anyone want to make a list?

Example:

1) What specific rank do you claim in Brazilian JJ? What is the name of the person who awarded you this rank, and where and when was this rank awarded?
    I'll comb through all of the info I dug up on him last year and see if I can come up with a list. I think your question is a good start, but I doubt we'll get any answers...

Posted On:
    2/07/2014 2:24pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, but then If he doesn't want to talk to us, and the article comes to conclusions he doesn't like, it will be on him.

Posted On:
    2/09/2014 12:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an update on what this so called "sensei" has been up to. Not only is he a fake and a liar but he's also a woman beater. Warn your friends and your family not to ever step foot in his gym (American Total Defense in Beverly) - although we probably won't have to worry about that because he will hopefully be spending a very long time behind bars...

Man held in 'disfiguring' attacks on Gloucester girlfriend

Gloucester woman disfigured, police say

By Julie Manganis Staff Writer

SALEM — Her parents knew something was wrong when they would get responses to their text messages that didn’t sound like their daughter.

But for months, the 27-year-old Gloucester woman insisted that things were fine with her new boyfriend, with whom she was now living in Salem.

Then, last month, she returned home, with just the clothing on her back and disfiguring injuries that made her almost unrecognizable and in need of reconstructive surgery.

The man who did that to her, police say, is Joseph Louf, 37, of 171 North St., Salem, the owner of the American Total Defense mixed martial arts gym in Beverly.

Louf was arrested Friday and held in custody over the weekend. He was arraigned Monday in Salem District Court on charges that include attempted murder and aggravated assault and battery. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

He will be back in court today for a hearing to determine whether he poses too great a danger to the woman or others if released. In the meantime, Judge Matthew Machera ordered that he remain in custody.

The charges stem from an investigation that started last fall, when the young woman’s parents went to police with their concerns.

They had learned from a relative about Louf’s “controlling and violent past,” prosecutor Lindsay Shaheen told the judge yesterday. They were also concerned about the lack of contact they had with their daughter.

A few months later, Salem police Detective Kathleen Rocheville got another call, telling her that the young woman had returned home about a week earlier, on Jan. 7. She had told them little — other than that she was “lucky to be alive.”

The young woman, once a nursing assistant at Beverly Hospital, was suffering from two detatched retinas.

Her face, Rocheville noted in her report, “has been completely transformed.”

She had “cauliflower” ears, a nose that had been broken multiple times, a small piece of her lip missing, broken teeth, and scars, bruises and bumps all over her body and under her hair.

The fingers on one hand were broken, and she needed help walking when Rocheville spoke to her on Jan. 14.

But she continued to insist that the injuries were the result of mixed martial arts fighting.

Then, late last month, she admitted that she’d never been in an MMA fight.

During a second interview with Rocheville, she detailed numerous beatings, strangulations, and incidents in which she was made to engage in strenuous acts for long periods.

The woman had met Louf on Match.com, a dating website, and the two had spoken on the phone for weeks, until she joined his gym in the spring of 2012.

Soon, she had moved to his apartment. His controlling behavior escalated, she told the officer. He controlled her phone and her social media pages, and would respond to messages for her.

By the winter, she told police, she was suffering daily beatings, including beatings while she was pregnant. One of the beatings left her with broken teeth.

When her co-workers at Beverly Hospital, where she worked as a nursing assistant, asked her about her injuries, she told them she was doing mixed martial arts fighting. She eventually lost that job. Later, she worked at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Beverly, where, she said, any money she made she was forced to turn over to Louf.

One customer there was so alarmed by her appearance that she gave the young woman a brochure for Healing Abuse, Working for Change (HAWC), a Salem program for victims of domestic abuse.

Her injuries also caught the attention of at least one parent whose child studied at Louf’s studio; when the young woman showed up with massive swelling in her legs following an incident in which Louf sat on her chest until she heard a crack, the parent pulled her child out of the class.

In December, she told Rocheville, she was beaten so severely that both of her eyes swelled shut.

During another beating, her cheek was split; Louf later punched her and caused all of the stitches to break, she said.

Louf allegedly stabbed her ears with scissors, and delivered “body shots” to her as she washed dishes, sending her into a cabinet. He allegedly also put her into chokeholds until she passed out.

And she told police that Louf had broken and then tried to “reset” her nose multiple times.

When she bled, she said, Louf would force her to clean up her blood and beat her again.

As Shaheen read details from the police report, onlookers in the courtroom who had no connection to the case could be heard gasping.

Louf will remain in custody at least through today’s hearing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/09/2014 4:43pm

staff
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done, Bullies...
    Head of BJJ Investigations

p.s. I don't have access to the forums from my workplace, so if you have questions please email me directly, georgettejitsu at gmail.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 11:49am

Style: Old School MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking as someone who actually lives in Salem, Mass. where Louf lives, I had no idea this guy existed and knew nothing about his school until I saw the article about him in the Salem News (local paper) recently. Here's a sociopathic jerk who twisted the martial arts to hurt others. Should never be allowed to open another school ever again when he gets out of prison.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:10pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Disturbing news, Joe Louf released on bail:

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local...ed-in-beatings

On a more positive note, looks like the MA State prosecutors found our investigation on him:

"MacDougall also questioned Louf’s credibility, pointing to his use of aliases on social media sites and to questions about his credentials as a mixed martial artist sensei, questions that were raised online by others involved in the martial arts."

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 1:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goshinbudoJJ View Post
    Disturbing news, Joe Louf released on bail:

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local...ed-in-beatings

On a more positive note, looks like the MA State prosecutors found our investigation on him:

"MacDougall also questioned Louf’s credibility, pointing to his use of aliases on social media sites and to questions about his credentials as a mixed martial artist sensei, questions that were raised online by others involved in the martial arts."
    At least he has an ankle monitor and other restrictions, although I don't see why he was released in the first place. Those are serious charges...plus, what's with the $1000 bond ? That's like a bond for a misdemeanor driving while suspended case, not attempted murder ! Even if it's a misprint and should be $10,000 (and the $1000 refers to what a bail bondsman might charge to cover the bond on $10,000), still that's a low bond.

I'd think $100,000 (or more) would be more like it. Damn, I've seen guys get $100,000 bond on possession of controlled substance charges (felony), essentially a victimless crime.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 2:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    At least he has an ankle monitor and other restrictions, although I don't see why he was released in the first place. Those are serious charges...plus, what's with the $1000 bond ? That's like a bond for a misdemeanor driving while suspended case, not attempted murder ! Even if it's a misprint and should be $10,000 (and the $1000 refers to what a bail bondsman might charge to cover the bond on $10,000), still that's a low bond.

I'd think $100,000 (or more) would be more like it. Damn, I've seen guys get $100,000 bond on possession of controlled substance charges (felony), essentially a victimless crime.
    I thought the same BKR

That bond is absurd given the severity of the charges he's facing.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast