Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2013 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.eatright.org/BecomeanRDor...t.aspx?id=8156

It lookds like anyone wanting to become a RD (Registered Dietitian) would have to attend an accredited program. The accrediting body is the Academy Of Nutrition and Dietetics. Note that Nova Southeastern doesn't have an accredited program according to the website.

Doesn't necessarily mean much. Could be that Nova SE offers a program but not any type of formal certification.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2013 7:12pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://license.reg.state.ma.us/publi...r=red&Board=NU

According to the site above, there is no record of anyone in MA with the last name Louf currently holding the title of "Certified Dietitian & Nutritionist".

There are 26 license holders in Beverly, MA.... none of them named Louf.

Is the next step to invite Mr. Louf here personally to defend his claims?

To this point, none of them have been validated.

I would think Joseph would be eager to come on here now that this is the fourth item which shows up under a google search for ATD MMA....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2013 9:32pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goshinbudoJJ View Post
    http://license.reg.state.ma.us/publi...r=red&Board=NU

According to the site above, there is no record of anyone in MA with the last name Louf currently holding the title of "Certified Dietitian & Nutritionist".

There are 26 license holders in Beverly, MA.... none of them named Louf.

Is the next step to invite Mr. Louf here personally to defend his claims?

To this point, none of them have been validated.

I would think Joseph would be eager to come on here now that this is the fourth item which shows up under a google search for ATD MMA....

Has anyone reached out to ATT to check this guy's brown belt?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 7:06am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JK, I contacted Conan Silviera at ATT last week since it sounded so fishy...

"Dear Mr. Silviera,
    I hope this e-mail finds you well. I have the utmost respect for you as a martial artist and am a big fan of all the athletes on American Top Team. You guys rock.
    I'm reaching out to you today in the hopes that you can verify some claims regarding the training of Mr. Joseph Louf (formerly of Ft. Lauderdale, currently in Beverly, Mass.).
    The claim that I would like to verify is below (in bold):

"Sensei Louf has studied martial arts since he was 7yrs old. Moved to Miami/Fort Lauderdale area where he worked at some of the best schools in the business like Black Belt Champions & American Top Team where he studied under great martial artist Ricardo Liborio. He studied Muay-Thai under Guru Master Toddy. Sensei held the ISKA Featheweight Kickboxing Title & currently is thinking about a career in MMA. He has 3 black belts in 1st Degree in Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Dan in Aikido, & 4th Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Shorinji-Ryu Kempo Karate. He is Currently on his way to his 4th black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and is a certified personal trainer, dietician, & nutritionist."

Are you aware of any training that Mr. Louf may have done with American Top Team? Has he been granted any rank in BJJ under Sensei Liborio?

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards and Safe Training,"

Received the following response from ATT:

"Hello,

Conan forwarded your email on to me.
    This person never trained and/or received any type of rank or belt promotion with us (American Top Team).

He was hired back in July of '08, to work in sales and lasted 3 days before quitting.

Hope that helps.

Richie Guerriero
    General manager
    American Top Team"

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 7:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoshiConcept View Post
    He has not worked for us for a few years now. he was last here 2008-2010. I hired him out of ATT who hired him out of lavallees. ATT went on the search for Sensei louf on his reputation with kids to help transform their kids program at the time.
    Kyoshi, did you bother to do any sort of check on Mr. Louf's claim of working at ATT before you hired him?

I'm starting to think that you are not really who you claim to be.

Are you Joseph Louf?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 7:26am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoshiConcept View Post
    While in FL from 01-06 he went to nova southeastern grad school to get licensed as a dietician & nutritionist to become a well rounded trainer WHICH in response to the post that started all this Sensei Louf is MORE than qualified to give advice on how to cut weight from a medically trained standpoint regardless if he was in the UFC or not.
    This claim also seems like total BS

I received the following from Nova Southeastern University:

"Good Morning,
    Thank you for contacting Nova Southeastern University. Unfortunately, we do not have a graduate program for Nutrition or Dietician. For a complete list of graduate programs we do offer, please click on the following link: http://nova.edu/graduate/masters.html. NSU values you as a student and we look forward to meeting your educational needs.
    Thank you,

Vanessa Sanchez

Nova Southeastern University
    Enrollment and Student Services
    1.800.541.6682"

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 9:15am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KyoshiConcept, are you Joseph Louf?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 9:19am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A search of Mass Professional Licences, failed to provide any results for Louf, or anyone by the name of Louf that is licensed within Beverly MA, or 01915.

However, Louf does not claim LDN (Licensed Dietitian and Nutritionist) - but claims he is certified. He *may* be certified in some other way, so this is not damning in and of itself. Based on his "on his way to his 4th black belt" claim, we can see he plays a little loose with his bio. This may be a case of that.

Perhaps it is time, especially considering the revelation from ATT, that we invite Mr. Louf onto the board to defend himself - and to dig into his other belts.

I did screen shot the results from these searches. I will post them later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 9:49am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've also reached to out Master Toddy to verify Louf's claim of Muay Thai.

"Master Toddy,

Sir, I am writing in the hopes that you might be able to assist with the verification of the credentials of Mr. Joseph Louf, who has claimed to study Muay Thai under your tutelage.

Any information you could provide about his training would be most helpful."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 10:08am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Possible arguments...

So, here are a few other things... pulled from his schedule:

(1) Under Jiu-Jitsu: "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu combined w/Judo, Greco-Roman Wrestling, & Aikido into a new art: Aiki-Jitsu"

So, what credentials/ranking does he have in Judo, and what experience with Greco-Roman wrestling?

Also he misspelled Gi as Gui. Twice.

(2) Under Adult Karate: "Okinawan Shorinji-Ryu Kempo blended w/Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, & Jeet Kune Do."

What are his credentials for JKD?

He has Kumite classes, MMA Cage Fighting classes - and touts developing his system for the cage - but where is his fight record? I find no results in sherdog for him. What is the proof that this is cage ready? There are no videos of his students fighting.
    Last edited by JohnKenner; 6/19/2013 10:09am at . Reason: Bad grammar, again.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast