Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:17pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KyoshiConcept, could you please state the nature of your relationship to Mr. Louf? Does he still teach a children's class for you or your business?

Are you located in the same state or town that he is?

For clarification purposes, slander is defined as oral defamation. The word you are looking for is libel, defined as defamation in print form. However, there is currently no libel in this thread as GoshinbudoJJ has stated that he is not positive of any claims being true or not. He has so far merely asked questions and given Mr. Louf the benefit of the doubt.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KyoshiConcept, my apologies for referencing the DUI/Arrest records.

Probably just a coincidence and not at all relevant to the matter at hand.

I've got skeletons in my closet, but I don't think they have any impact on my ability to teach martial arts, which is what this thread is about.

I should not have brought them up when referencing your friend.

Again, my apologies.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 5:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyoshi, are you sure Joseph has never been in Ft. Lauderdale, FL?

I found the following in a Northeastern University Alumni Publication:

Thankfully, this does validate Mr. Louf's claim of being an NU grad.

The publication can be found in it's entirety here:

http://iris.lib.neu.edu/cgi/viewcont...xt=nu_alum_mag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	louf northeastern.PNG 
Views:	80 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	15063  

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 5:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sir, Sensei Louf is a well known east coast instructor that is one of the most prolific instructors to children with special needs. He is skilled in many forms of the art and mostly due to his instructions in the lavallee family along, Aikido Master Mulligan, Muay-Thai w/Master Toddy, and BJJ w/ATT. His brother is autistic whom he helped raise and now teaches any special needs kid for free plus covers the cost of all gear, equipment, uniforms, and even tournament entry fees. He has not worked for us for a few years now. he was last here 2008-2010. I hired him out of ATT who hired him out of lavallees. ATT went on the search for Sensei louf on his reputation with kids to help transform their kids program at the time. They found him at Lavallees in FL where he transferred down for a short time from upperstate NY. While in FL from 01-06 he went to nova southeastern grad school to get licensed as a dietician & nutritionist to become a well rounded trainer WHICH in response to the post that started all this Sensei Louf is MORE than qualified to give advice on how to cut weight from a medically trained standpoint regardless if he was in the UFC or not. From the hype about this young man from my friend and his Kyoshi Lavallee and knowing at the time he was at ATT is what got me interested.
    Sensei has contacted me back about this feed on the FL issue:
    ------------
    Sensei Louf states he has much Louf family in the FtLauderdale area whom he stayed with while there and there are 2 Joseph Louf's that still reside there in regards to your libelous posting about broward county court records. and he would appreciate & asks you to remove this feed as it paints the wrong picture of his character.
    ---------------------
    This feed should not exist.
    Sensei Louf has done more for the society around him than most.

in reply to: Kyoshi, are you sure Joseph has never been in Ft. Lauderdale, FL?

I found the following in a Northeastern University Alumni Publication:

Thankfully, this does validate Mr. Louf's claim of being an NU grad.

The publication can be found in it's entirety here:

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 6:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoshiConcept View Post
    He has not worked for us for a few years now. he was last here 2008-2010. I hired him out of ATT who hired him out of lavallees. ATT went on the search for Sensei louf on his reputation with kids to help transform their kids program at the time. They found him at Lavallees in FL where he transferred down for a short time from upperstate NY. While in FL from 01-06 he went to nova southeastern grad school to get licensed as a dietician & nutritionist to become a well rounded trainer
    Please Kyoshi, who is the "us" you are referring to? Which dojo do you own in NY?

I thought it was your contention that he did not train at Lavalle's in Fl?

Are you now saying that he did?

Was his BJJ rank awarded from ATT while he was there?

Frankly, I am more confused now than I was before....

Perhaps you should have Joe come on here and defend himself?

Again, I apologize for the perceived libel, but the records indicate that someone with the same first name, last name, middle initial was, in fact, arrested/served.

If you are saying that this is merely a coincidence, so be it. I'm sure the moderators will be happy to delete them as it is not the site's policy to present any false information.

To this point, other than you saying Joe is a nice guy and a great instructor, none of his martial arts claims have been validated.
    Last edited by goshinbudoJJ; 6/14/2013 6:11pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 6:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW, note that "Louf" is a fairly uncommon last name, and while there are a few Loufs in the state of Florida, there isn't anyone named Joseph V. Louf residing there now (at least according to whitepages.com)

http://www.whitepages.com/name/Louf/FL

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 6:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, this is a consumer website where, people are free to voice their opinions. Unless they have a staff tag, nothing they say or do, can be held as confirmation or denial of what moderators, admins, or forum leaders will do concerning the comments in a thread.

If you are saying that this is merely a coincidence, so be it. I'm sure the moderators will be happy to delete them as it is not the site's policy to present any false information.
    In other words, please leave the moderating policy, comments and suggestions to us in MABS. In other words SHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh, then send a private message or wait for staff to respond.

Thank you.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 6:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goshinbudoJJ View Post
    Can you assist us in verifying Joe Louf's brown belt in BJJ?

That would go a long way towards alleviating some of the concerns raised in this thread.

Also, the date and location of his amateur championship would be great.
    Kyoshi, all we are interested in is the above. Nothing more. If you can not assist in the validation of these claims, please refrain from posting on Joe's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Hello, this is a consumer website where, people are free to voice their opinions. Unless they have a staff tag, nothing they say or do, can be held as confirmation or denial of what moderators, admins, or forum leaders will do concerning the comments in a thread.

In other words SHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh, then send a private message or wait for staff to respond.
    Roger that IIF, apologies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 6:38pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoshiConcept View Post
    Sensei Louf is MORE than qualified to give advice on how to cut weight from a medically trained standpoint regardless if he was in the UFC or not.
    That's an opinion - your opinion, which may or may not be correct. The point is that if you're giving that opinion to a UFC vet like Lauzon you better be ready to have your credentials questioned.

This feed should not exist.
    Sensei Louf has done more for the society around him than most.
    Oh, jesus. No one has said he doesn't help old ladies across the street. Stop with the strawman.

I just think he should change his bio. A brown belt from ATT is huge. It is a great accomplishment - and frankly makes him a far superior martial artist to myself.

My two cents: change the bio - list out his brown belt, his lineage, along with any tournament wins.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2013 11:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another red flag...

Mr. Louf's FB page and KyoshiConcept both indicate that Mr. Louf graduated from Nova Southeastern University in 2005 as a certified dietitian/nutritionist.

I can't seem to find any listing of that certification/degree being offered by Nova Southeastern....

http://www.nova.edu/chcs/healthsciences/mhs/index.html#

http://www.nova.edu/graduate/masters.html

Perhaps it's a niche program that's not detailed on the website, but it is strange that an institution would grant such a certificate and not advertise the program.

I've e-mailed the school to see if such a degree is offered at the graduate level.

I also find it curious that Mr Louf spells dietitian incorrectly on his facebook page (he has it spelled Dietician). Could just be an oversight on his part, but usually people that advertise certain credentials are careful to spell the associated titles correctly...
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast