Page 1 of 77 1 23451151 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 4:42pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Richard Spencer, International Combat Authority

Richard Spencer appeared on the Martial Arts Planet forums in March 2012 as MAP user Xa-Ryu, advertising a martial arts system of the same name. When MAP members called him out on some extremely questionable claims and material that his website copied from other sources without citation, he locked non-members out of the Xa-Ryu web site, made a new MAP account and claimed the old one was a fake (both accounts had the same IP address), and then disappeared from MAP altogether.

Shortly after his embarrassment on MAP, Master Richard Spencer of Xa-Ryu disappeared and reappeared as Soke Richard Spencer of the equally questionable Kong Sento Bujitsu. This apparently didn't pan out either, because Spencer disappeared again, this time to reappear as Dr. Richard Spencer of the International Combat Authority. The ICA, which claims to be a worldwide close quarter combat (CQC) organization training and certifying security personnel all over the world, is now on its third website.

Throughout the whole story, the various incarnations of Richard Spencer have all claimed martial arts experience and ranks far beyond what anyone so young (he told MAP he was 32) could have achieved, and have all claimed service in the British Army as a "commando".

Spencer has been covering his e-tracks as he goes by shutting down his websites, but this whole matter has been catalogued by MAP in the thread Spencer originally started as Xa-Ryu: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=108072.

We've just found Spencer's new ICA website: http://www.icacqc.com.

Spencer's strategy this time seems to be to provide no information at all so that no one can catch him in a lie. The site provides no information about the qualifications of ICA instructors, no list of organizations it has worked with, no names of specific people to contact, and no address for the ICA or anyone in it.

Notice the pictures on the site's homepage. Both appear to be marked "(C) ICA". I discovered as ran my mouse cursor over the images that the "(C) ICA" is not part of the image, but separate web site text, which makes me wonder if this isn't another case of Spencer re-branding others' work as his own.

I stuck the only phone number on the web site into to Google and turned up two LinkedIn pages on which Spencer is selling his services at some pretty steep prices:
    http://www.linkedin.com/company/inte...-ica-/products
    http://www.linkedin.com/company/inte...220360/product
    Notice that one of these even has a recommendation from another LinkedIn user.

Some of Spencer's previous e-incarnations indicated a location in or near Cardiff, England, but I haven't been able to find anymore than that yet. If anyone here knows anything about this guy, I'd love to hear it, and so would my friends at MAP.

I'll post more as I find it as well.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 4:57pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you cite where exactly this guy has claimed service in the British Forces, ether as a Royal Marine or Army Commando ?

Has this guy made these claims in the public domain, are there screen caps of such claims.

Does Spencer operate a Facebook account, if so under what name.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:08pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alluding to training at Lympstone and service with what can only be within the Royal Marine Commandos

Edit, that attachment sucks, however I have the full resolution version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	14858  

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:08pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Can you cite where exactly this guy has claimed service in the British Forces, ether as a Royal Marine or Army Commando ?

Has this guy made these claims in the public domain, are there screen caps of such claims.

I have a network of people who would happily and very publicly 'out' this individual as a Walter Mitty providing there's some form of documented claim for them to work on.

Does Spencer operate a Facebook account, if so under what name.
    You can find his claims to have a "military background", as well as copypasta from his old sites where he made claims of being a British Army "commando", on the MAP thread I linked to. Sadly, he's closed most of those sites and the old ICA Facebook page down, so I'll have to go digging.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do me a favour please.

Screen capture any and all posts he's made of such claims and if you can dig up any images of him wearing military uniform, insignia/rank etc. and post them into this thread. I'll do the rest.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found his LinkedIn profile, though it doesn't give out much information to people who aren't LinkedIn members, so I have no idea if there's any useful information there.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/richard-spencer/52/958/a78

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:15pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and I really need a picture of Spencer

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I found his LinkedIn profile, though it doesn't give out much information to people who aren't LinkedIn members, so I have no idea if there's any useful information there.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/richard-spencer/52/958/a78
    Seen.

Another military claim, this time stating British Army.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	14859

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:20pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Oh and I really need a picture of Spencer
    Yeah, I'll see what I can find. I wish we'd thought to consult the Bullies when this first started going down. He's shut down most of his old sites and he's careful not to say much about himself on the new ones.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 5:46pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's his profile on InterMartialArts, complete with a picture, albeit a small one. It appears this hasn't been updated since the Xa-Ryu days.

http://www.intermartialarts.com/users/richie070707

And here he is on Yatedo claiming to have been a CQB instructor for the British Army from 2000-2004.

http://www.yatedo.com/p/Richard+Spen...11e75f85fe29dc

Making similar claims on Skillpages, during the Kong Sento Bujitsu period:

http://www.skillpages.com/richard.spencer/3
    Last edited by OwlMatt; 5/18/2013 5:54pm at .
Page 1 of 77 1 23451151 ... LastLast