Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 3:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Initial statement.

Support of my initial statement.

Still supporting my initial comment. You have done no such thing, but move goal posts, use logical fallacies and cry for a butt-hurt yellow card.

Nope, I supported my opinion, in tandem with what I previously wrote, while ignoring your silly logical fallacies. Do you need the point highlighted to explain the difference you are failing to grasp?

In simple terms:
    IiF: LOL@poorparenting:
    1)Reasons
    2)Reasons with Sarcasm
    3)Reasons
    Bnet: I partially disagree:
    1)I disagree
    2)Straw man
    3)I disagree
    4)Wash
    5)Rinse
    6)Repeat.

Ignored.
    Good lord all I have said is I think that video games do play a part in this argument, if you want to place 100% blame on the parents that's your opinion and I have no problem with it. I disagree, but that's it I have no problem with your opinion. The only point I can see from your subsequent posts is to destroy my posts in the most arrogant way possible and I'm not sure what I did to deserve it. I haven't tried to argue with you, all I have done is state my opinion and get **** for no reason about it. Now I could understand this if I were somehow purposely troll posting, which I will admit I have done in the past. But that isn't the case this time, I didn't really earn this attack this time. Now you can call this butthurt or whatever, but I just don't get it this time.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Good lord all I have said is I think that video games do play a part in this argument, if you want to place 100% blame on the parents that's your opinion and I have no problem with it. I disagree, but that's it I have no problem with your opinion. The only point I can see from your subsequent posts is to destroy my posts in the most arrogant way possible and I'm not sure what I did to deserve it. I haven't tried to argue with you, all I have done is state my opinion and get **** for no reason about it. Now I could understand this if I were somehow purposely troll posting, which I will admit I have done in the past. But that isn't the case this time, I didn't really earn this attack this time. Now you can call this butthurt or whatever, but I just don't get it this time.
    Its not very compelling to read someone write "I continue to disagree, what's the problem?" over and over. There are a number of less stale alternatives, such as:
    -give some evidence or reasoning that you are correct and/or he is not

-admit you were wrong or revise your opinion

-attempt a compromise

-call each other entertaining names

If IIF were responding just like you, we'd have 2 identical posts back and forth forever.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can disagree with you, but if you disagree with me it is arrogance. *bunch of whining and blameshifting*
    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point of order I never have considered playing a legos game a subsitute for building with legos. The point of legos games is simple puzzle solving not building.

Its a stupid comparison to say you rather have your kid build. You could say that vs playing ANY video game.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Point of order I never have considered playing a legos game a subsitute for building with legos. The point of legos games is simple puzzle solving not building.
    This I get.

Its a stupid comparison to say you rather have your kid build. You could say that vs playing ANY video game.
    We could argue this all day, it is too general.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

Lego Star Wars seems like Star Wars with crappier graphics, stupider comedic relief, and smaller words. Seems like watching Star Wars thats been Inceptioned by a Lego marketing team. Its not even like a cross-over thing because the Lego universe doesn't have any sort of narrative or storyline or characters or anything at all. Just Star Wars, which has already turned into a toy commercial since the podracing scene, has somehow managed to become even more of a blatant toy commercial.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 4:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

We could argue this all day, it is too general.

Yep: http://www.ncs-tech.org/?p=7696

edit: "video game building" makes the first part iffy too.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 5:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Xtreme Death Star Playset will be in firing range of Aleraan in five minutes! Everybody get to the X Wing Carrier Assault Playset! Climb into your X wings (sold separately). Be sure to shoot a photon torpedo (on sale at toysrus.com, 2 for 1 special until the end of the week!) into a small thermal exhaust port. Do not attempt to improvise a different type of Lego into the port cause it'll get stuck. Everybody remove your hair so you can put your helmets on, and then we're outta here!

Oh no, it turns out that we can only defeat Darth Lego with the Special Edition 2013 Golden X Wing! True Believers at home, go tell your parents to get you the Gold Special Edition X Wing, or Alderaan will be destroyed! Use the Force to submit an order at www.lego.com today!

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 5:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If we as parents allow it to happen?? I assume you have kids right?? What's the alternative to ban all games from your children or find a balance between what they want vs. what they need. Either way video games exist so yes they will play a role regardless of what the parents want. Do I think it's a negative to play a Lego game when you can play with actual Legos, sure I will admit to that.

I'm not sure why this post quoted my earlier post but this was a response to IIF.
    I'm a parent of two boys, 8 and 9 years old. Myself and their Mom control their access to video games and TV. No XBOX etc. in the house, and very little TV. We got them both Kindle Fire's. They can use them to read as much as they want, and cannot play games on school nights. Internet access is blocked via the controls.

If they visit friends, we make sure the parents understand limits on video games. Nothing violent, and time limits as well.

So, video games are there, but we pretty much control how much and what.

If we wanted, we could have them not have access to any video games. But, we decided that in small doses and no violent games is appropriate for their age and development. We encourage them to play more intellectual games, puzzles, math games, stuff like that and they do, because there is stuff out there that is educational but fun at the same time.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 5:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice!
    WWII German soldier:

Panzer crewman:

WTH? Boris Johnson?

OK, now they've gone too far!!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast