Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/13/2013 10:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Really, so the video games actively turn on the TV, jump into the system, float the controller into your kid's hands and you just sit there mesmerized?

Like i said,it will always be weird. I do not blame TV, video games, comics, news or any of that **** for my kid's behavior. Now, I know you will be an ass. Yes, they can play a part IF YOU LET THEM PLAY THE GAMES. Again, it is lazy parenting to blame anything, that you can control, for your kids behavior or what they are taught.
    No I'm not going to be an ass about it. I just disagree with you that the games don't play a role. I'm not giving it a negative or positive role. Now my comment on the Lego games had more to do with the fact that to me personally it seems silly and somewhat lazy to play a game that you could do by playing with actual Legos.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 1:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Really, so the video games actively turn on the TV, jump into the system, float the controller into your kid's hands and you just sit there mesmerized?
    You have an xbox one already!!!!
    Jealous!

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 3:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually really like the Lego video games have most of them. They are easy enought that my 7 year old can mostly play them by her self and yet have enough depth that I can enjoy them. Until you start to feel like your just grinding away at them to collect everything.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 7:59am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I actually really like the Lego video games have most of them. They are easy enought that my 7 year old can mostly play them by her self and yet have enough depth that I can enjoy them. Until you start to feel like your just grinding away at them to collect everything.
    That becomes nearly impossible in The Lord of the Rings game, they make you track down all of the unlockable characters. It made me start to hate middle-earth. The game itself isn't too bad though.

I still prefer actual Legos to the games though, maybe that should have been my point then IIF wouldn't have slapped me. Can I have take backs on my other posts??

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones are also both fucking awesome.

LEGO LOTR...will get back to you next year.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 9:01am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's always so much easier to blame others. This article blows.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 9:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see Lego as being one of the more creative and better toys currently being produced and I hope these few people that have a chip on their shoulder over what their opinion of how a child should play don't end up ruining it for the rest of us.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 1:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    No I'm not going to be an ass about it. I just disagree with you that the games don't play a role.
    Be an ass all you want. I defended my position as well as Machete making a concise point.
    Video games only play a role IF YOU AS A PARENT allow it to happen.
    I'm not giving it a negative or positive role.
    Yes you did and you are doing it again.

Now my comment on the Lego games had more to do with the fact that to me personally it seems silly and somewhat lazy to play a game that you could do by playing with actual Legos.
    Yep silly, in a non-comedic sense, is negative.
    Lazy, in this context, is a negative.

Now, do I need to DEFINE the context of the article and explain why your original post makes your comment "I totally agree on the games, they just teach the kids that playing the game is far easier than building the kit." a negative?

Yes, you have defined positive and negative.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones are also both fucking awesome.

LEGO LOTR...will get back to you next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    LEGO Star Wars is fucking awesome.

But I cannot help but wonder what Greedo's LEGO face is teaching the children!
    They're all bloated franchises that sucked at maximum suckitude in their last movie, before selling out to any product that would have them. If Lego Indiana Jones doesn't have a Nazi getting woodchippered by a flying wing during a fistfight, **** it.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I see Lego as being one of the more creative and better toys currently being produced and I hope these few people that have a chip on their shoulder over what their opinion of how a child should play don't end up ruining it for the rest of us.
    If we as parents allow it to happen?? I assume you have kids right?? What's the alternative to ban all games from your children or find a balance between what they want vs. what they need. Either way video games exist so yes they will play a role regardless of what the parents want. Do I think it's a negative to play a Lego game when you can play with actual Legos, sure I will admit to that.

I'm not sure why this post quoted my earlier post but this was a response to IIF.
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 6/14/2013 2:14pm at .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast