Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 12:50pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Metamoris 2 (Spoilers)

Did anyone catch Metamoris 2 this weekend? I didn't get a chance to watch it live myself, but I'll be watching youtube over the coming days for matches and highlights.

Results:

Victor Estima VS JT Torres (Draw)
    Michelle Nicholini VS Mackenzie Dern (Draw)
    Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu VS Brendan Shaub (Cyborg by Decision)
    Andre Galvao VS Rafael Lovato Jr (Galvao by Decision)
    Rodolfo Vieira VS Braulio Estima (Vieira by decision)
    Kron Gracie VS Shinya Aoki (Kron by Sub (Guillotine))

So this card only produced one sub, and featured a couple draws. The press I've read has been mixed. I think comparing the 2 events, possibly the addition of judges caused a more cautious approach, as the first event had 3 subs (and 3 draws).

I had hoped Lovato Jr would pull out a win, but Galvao is a beast, so I'm not surprised he couldn't pull it out. I have no idea why Brendan Shaub was in this event. From what I've read, Brendan Shaub also had no idea why he was there...

Lastly, Eddie Bravo VS Royler Gracie II was announced to headline Metamoris 3. Personally, I'll believe that when I see it. Til then... We've been here before...

Anyone catch it? Thoughts? Do we like Metamoris? Are we excited about seeing Bravo vs Royler (probably not) fight again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 1:06pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much titty was on display by Dern?

I enjoyed the first event a lot. I'd like to see this one as well. Particularly Aoki vs. Kron.

Bravo vs. Royler II won't happen. I would love to see this, but we all pretty much know Royler will back out as he has before.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 2:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the comments on the Schaub fight Youtube page. What we see in this fight is a hole in a lot of bjj players game; the ability to take the fight to the ground.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 3:07pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

On hiatus

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    What we see in this fight is a hole in a lot of bjj players game; the ability to take the fight to the ground.
    Did Roberto even bother to try?
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 6/10/2013 3:17pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

On hiatus

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 4:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 5:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Did Roberto even bother to try?
    He shot on him several times, couldn't get it because Schaub was running backwards the whole time. Cyborg's wrestling is actually pretty good, but wrestling has stalling rules for a reason.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 6:36pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by faixabranca View Post
    How much titty was on display by Dern?
    Perhaps you are unaware of it, but comments like these are completely unacceptable in the MMA forum.

Quote from item V on the TOS page:

Quote Originally Posted by TOS
    V. Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to: (1) fighting words, those words that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. These include but are not limited to racial, sexual, and religious slurs. If for whatever reason you wish to engage in a MMA contest with another person, it must be approached through the appropriate channels. (2) swearing at another member of the page, joking or not, or attacking them in a comparable manner. (3) posting curse words in a thread titles, including masked spellings like Bit** or Sh!T. Swearing should be kept to a minimum generally (4) posting on the topic of illegal drug use in anything but an educational, informative manner. Of particular concern are attacks directed at page moderators. Of highest concern are prominent figures in the field, notably fighters. These individuals are due respect and admiration. If you must post negative comments, these must be respectful, as if you were speaking to the person in question face to face.
    Please note the enlarged print. Comments like the one you made in your post is a ban worthy offense in this forum. In the past, Phrost has specifically mentioned that derogatory or sexist comments made towards female MMA fighters or other female competitors will not be tolerated in the MMA forum.

This is your only warning. If you do it again, you will be banned.

Edit: After poking around the web, I see that this has happened to Ms. Dern on more than one occasion, and that you were probably making a flippant comment in this regard. However, that does not change Phrost's edict concerning this matter.
    Last edited by jnp; 6/10/2013 9:29pm at .

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 9:23pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I love the comments on the Schaub fight Youtube page. What we see in this fight is a hole in a lot of bjj players game; the ability to take the fight to the ground.
    It's hard to wrestle someone that is actively disengaging. That is why there are penalties in wrestling and judo for backing up too much.

What Schaub was doing was trying the get Cyborg to take shot, sprawl and counter, except there was very little of the last item. Schaub prided himself in not playing Cyborg's game, but seemed to not have a game plan himself, save for run the **** away.

He seemed to have 1 attack which required him to sprawl and spent the entire 20 mins disengaging everything from collar ties to Half Guard, "pumping his jab", and when Cyborg gave him what he wanted 7 times, he just sprawled and ran away 6 times. Only the 7th time did he try something and ended up on bottom of side control.

This wasn't a hole in Cyborg's game it was the rule set didn't penalize running away.

Omega, I am curious to what Bill's reaction about being dropped at the last minute was?
    Last edited by Plasma; 6/10/2013 9:30pm at .

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 10:54pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Perhaps you are unaware of it, but comments like these are completely unacceptable in the MMA forum.

Quote from item V on the TOS page:

Please note the enlarged print. Comments like the one you made in your post is a ban worthy offense in this forum. In the past, Phrost has specifically mentioned that derogatory or sexist comments made towards female MMA fighters or other female competitors will not be tolerated in the MMA forum.

This is your only warning. If you do it again, you will be banned.

Edit: After poking around the web, I see that this has happened to Ms. Dern on more than one occasion, and that you were probably making a flippant comment in this regard. However, that does not change Phrost's edict concerning this matter.
    I wrote and rewrote a diatribe on this exact comment, but have deleted it in favor of the following two sentences, which I hope will have a greater impact.

If you can't watch a match like that and come away with the utmost respect for both competitors, you need to do a little soul searching, and a lot more training.

Faixabranca - I recommend you take this generous chance to reflect on why you are here.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast