Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 12:23am

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    if I'm forced to fight at that close short-hit range, my tendency is to try to clinch up with them to arrest their motion, even if it means I don't get to hit them with a bunch of short strikes. I think its risky to hang out at middle range where you can be hit faster than you can react. I don't know if you allow this sort of clinching though.
    Unfortunately we're not allowed to clinch. I find this weird because Cacoy Canete is the creator of Eskrido which is eskrima combined with techniques from judo and Japanese jujutsu. And I did one year of Judo when I was younger so it goes against some of my instincts. Next time Black tries jumping i just might throw him. What style of FMA do you practice Permalost? I've never heard of three point sparring before.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 12:45am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_wombat View Post
    What style of FMA do you practice Permalost? I've never heard of three point sparring before.
    Babao Arnis under GM Narrie Babao. Its a bit of an eclectic mix of Cacoy Doce Pares and Villabrille Largusa Kali and his father's teaching.

I wasn't saying "3 point sparring", I was talking about point sparring videos, that there are 3 of. Where there's a ref that stops after clashes to ask side judges who got hit.

I've gone to one of his advanced student's classes, and he does a super intense eskrima sparring class. Full WEKAF gear, but all throughout class, which is constantly alternating between sprints, sprawls followed by tire work followed by sprawls, then finally sparring when everyone's exhausted. It looks more like your videos there. Lots of those short abanikos to the head and stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2013 12:25am

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have some new videos that I would like to share and I would like to update this thread everytime i have new videos. Is there a way to edit the op so I don't have to make a new post everytime I want to update the thread?

Posted On:
    7/14/2013 1:43pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_wombat View Post
    I have some new videos that I would like to share and I would like to update this thread everytime i have new videos. Is there a way to edit the op so I don't have to make a new post everytime I want to update the thread?

Just post the new videos in this thread, you can only edit things already posted within a short time limit maybe within an hour or so? maybe less?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 8:31pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Just post the new videos in this thread, you can only edit things already posted within a short time limit maybe within an hour or so? maybe less?
    It was 45 minutes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12