Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 12:06am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any musical bullies?

I suddenly realized I should have posted this a lot earlier.

So do we have any other musicians on here? I've played piano for 16 years, though I've shifted my priorities off of music for the time being to focus on MA and school. I still sing in church when I can and once I move to college I plan to work on piano again since I won't be able to attend my kung fu school.

I studied under a lady in my church for 8 years, then took 3 years of lessons with another lady with more advanced instruction that really bolstered my sight reading and technique. I stopped playing a whole lot about 3 years ago, though I'll still play when I get the chance for church or if a friend asks me to play at their open house. I can't improvise, though I hope to develop that skill soon.

I also tinker with other instruments such as Irish tinwhistle and the harmonica, but I'm nowhere near as good at those. I took singing lessons for a summer with my 2nd piano teacher and sung in competition, and even though I didn't place, I got a lot of compliments from the judge. I sing at the baritone range with a falsetto I usually use to confuse my friends when they're drunk.
    WebRep

[IMG]chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png[/IMG]Overall rating
    [IMG]chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png[/IMG]

[IMG]chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png[/IMG]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 12:54am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a musician. I played and sang with a country/classic rock group for a couple years ago, and I'm trying to get back into it now. I'm hoping to be able to make some money nights and weekends so that I can stay home during the day with my daughter.

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 8:27am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drums since 1979, a little tin whistle and harmonica, and I picked up mountain dulcimer about 3 years ago - my own version of the mid-life crisis.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 8:38am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been trying to teach bobyclumsyninja to play guitar but I'm finding it to be quite the challenge. Slow learner.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 8:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are several pro musician Bullies, and having friends that are pro musicians, I understand and respect the hard work that goes into it.

Suzuki-trained, myself, from about 4 years old. Mostly piano, I have two in the living room. A little violin, it didn't take, but I'd like to give it another shot, someday. Through middle school and high school, I was an oboe-ist, picked up some flute, clarinet, trumpet. Being a double-reed guy, I had to do percussion for marching bands, marching bells/xylophone, which led to tri-toms, and later quad-toms. Leading up to military service, I self-taught guitar, mostly by faking Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Extreme, AC/DC, etc. until it sounded good to me.

I do not consider myself a musician, however. I like to make noise to entertain myself, but I tend to be a little stage shy (without a lot of booze), and I never had the drive to make anything more of it.

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 8:53am

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone in my house plays something, my kids are multi-instrumentalists and both sing. I can't sing for **** but I play piano and a little guitar. Our house is full of instruments - piano, several acoustic guitars and an electric, bass, fiddle, flute, sax, trombone, tin whistle, mandolin, ukelele, cajon - most of which are usually cluttering up the living room.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 9:28am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    There are several pro musician Bullies
    Including quite a few skin flute maestros.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 9:29am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a powerful mediocrity on Guitar if that counts. Really wanted to learn the sax but my parents said they wouldn't be able to cope with the noise whilst I was learning :(

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 9:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I play the guitar when I feel like it. I use sheer volume to compensate for the limitations in my chops.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 9:41am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I play the guitar when I feel like it. I use sheer volume to compensate for the limitations in my chops.
    Because I haven't sat down and played seriously for ages I tend to follow this top tip too. Also lots of gain and avoidance of acoustic instruments.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast