Administrator

Posted On:
    7/21/2013 11:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandmma View Post
    I presented clear evidence of fabrication with regards to "World Class BJJ skills and 1st American to medal in China."
    No, you presented evidence that there is some hyperbole and creative advertising on his website.

I was actually quite clear in stating they were not outright defrauding people, in fact I stated it multiple times throughout this thread!!
    No, what you did was play a semantic based game.

He claims to be the first American to participate in a San Shou tournament in China which definitely seems false.
    things got a little bit fishy.
    I'm not saying the guy has no experience but definitely questionable to say the least to be a head coach at a big gym.
    I'm sure most would agree that there is some serious deception going on here with regards to the head instructors of this gym.
    I'm just pointing out his results in real fighting and the inflated claims his gym has made on his behalf!!
    Right, but you aren't trying to ruin the guy.

I do find it offensive when people are talking about "World Class BJJ skills" when they clearly don't have the competition record to back it up.
    It's called ADVERTISING. If you find it offensive, don't ever see a movie, watch TV, look at anything on your phone and basically move into the woods.

I am not doubting their instructor's abilities to teach new students the art, he is in fact a brown belt, but I would never dream of calling my skills world class
    Weird because you keep saying things about people being head coaches.
    I'm not saying the guy has no experience but definitely questionable to say the least to be a head coach at a big gym.
    If you want serious training from respected and accomplished instructors on Long Island this is not the gym to go to!!!
    So, explain how this ISN'T doubting their skills.

I'm sure most would agree that there is some serious deception going on here with regards to the head instructors of this gym
    It is called ADVERTISING. Do you know what that means? That means if he fought across the globe, whether you like it or not, he can say "WORLD CLASS SKILLS."

I will put my competition results against his any day of the week at similar ranks!!
    Yet, none of your "accomplishments" have ANYTHING to do with these coaches and their ability to instruct.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, you did not answer my question:

Is this your gym?

http://www.limixedmartialarts.com/

Is this you?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/member.php?u=108678

We all read your original post.

What you are failing to understand is that we are just as skeptical of random accusers as we are of fraudulent martial artists. Think of it as investigative quality control.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 12:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goshinbudoJJ View Post
    OP, you did not answer my question:

Is this your gym?

http://www.limixedmartialarts.com/

Is this you?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/member.php?u=108678

We all read your original post.

What you are failing to understand is that we are just as skeptical of random accusers as we are of fraudulent martial artists. Think of it as investigative quality control.
    Sorry wasn't trying to duck your specific question I thought it was obvious though that the answer was no. I live in Long island but I am not from here. In response to the statement that someone who has competed all over can claim world class status, well that is just factually incorrect. "World Class" by definition means "ranking among the foremost in the world." Most people understand world class to mean that that individual is at the very tip top of the heap in whatever they are doing. Joe Thompson and the other instructors at this gym don't even meet Joe Rogan's definition of world class. Until I read the comment above I would think they don't meet anyone's!

I did not come on here as a troll, nor was I trying to disrespect anyone. I came here because when a friend alerted me of this website I was genuinely alarmed. What I discovered was a group of guys who may be nice noble people for all I know, but who in my opinion were not being completely honest in their representation of themselves and their stature in the arts and sports I have loved and bled for, for 20 years. I thought this was the place to air my grievances, and that when people saw the information I dug up that they would agree with me. Apparently I was mistaken and if I offended anyone here I apologize.

In closing though I know times are rough and everyone wants to make a living. But when you make obviously false claims about being "world class" and present yourselves in that manner, to attract aspiring athletes and people willing to spend their hard earned money because they take those claims at face value and believe them to be true, you are taking money out of the pockets of the people that have put in the years and sometimes decades of blood, sweat, and tears to rightfully earn those accolades that many times may not have translated into financial reward. If no one bothers to speak up then I ask you without diligent research how is the common man supposed to know who is who?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think there's a universally accepted definition of "World Class" as you claim. As IIF said, anyone's assessments of their own skills is, by nature, subjective. For advertising purposes it's not uncommon to hold yourself in high regard when trying to sell yourself.

I don't think what you are accusing these guys of constitutes fraud, hence it doesn't belong on this forum.

Is your local pizza shop committing fraud by claiming "We Have the Best Pizza In Town!"?

It's understood that they are making a subjective (and probably biased for the sake of advertising) assessment of their product.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 2:13pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry wasn't trying to duck your specific question I thought it was obvious though that the answer was no. I live in Long island but I am not from here. In response to the statement that someone who has competed all over can claim world class status, well that is just factually incorrect. "World Class" by definition means "ranking among the foremost in the world." Most people understand world class to mean that that individual is at the very tip top of the heap in whatever they are doing. Joe Thompson and the other instructors at this gym don't even meet Joe Rogan's definition of world class. Until I read the comment above I would think they don't meet anyone's!

I did not come on here as a troll, nor was I trying to disrespect anyone. I came here because when a friend alerted me of this website I was genuinely alarmed. What I discovered was a group of guys who may be nice noble people for all I know, but who in my opinion were not being completely honest in their representation of themselves and their stature in the arts and sports I have loved and bled for, for 20 years. I thought this was the place to air my grievances, and that when people saw the information I dug up that they would agree with me. Apparently I was mistaken and if I offended anyone here I apologize.

In closing though I know times are rough and everyone wants to make a living. But when you make obviously false claims about being "world class" and present yourselves in that manner, to attract aspiring athletes and people willing to spend their hard earned money because they take those claims at face value and believe them to be true, you are taking money out of the pockets of the people that have put in the years and sometimes decades of blood, sweat, and tears to rightfully earn those accolades that many times may not have translated into financial reward. If no one bothers to speak up then I ask you without diligent research how is the common man supposed to know who is who?
    Did you just parse your own words to argue a definition? Why yes you did. Oh and LOL@ "omg I can't believe....." No, world class SKILLS is what I wrote. Don't try to change it to world class, there is a difference.

Off to YMAS.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/22/2013 2:43pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Did you just parse your own words to argue a definition? Why yes you did. Oh and LOL@ "omg I can't believe....." No, world class SKILLS is what I wrote. Don't try to change it to you world class, there is a difference.

Off to YMAS.
    ???? Those were not my words I literally copied and pasted them straight out of a dictionary result after googling "world class definition." And I don't understand what you meant by "lol @ omg I can't believe....?"

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 3:43pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ???? Those were not my words I literally copied and pasted them straight out of a dictionary result after googling "world class definition."
    World Class skills and World Class are semantically different. They are also used to CREATIVELY advertise.

And I don't understand what you meant by "lol @ omg I can't believe....?"
    DOn't worry about. You wouldn't get the sarcasm, anymore more than the hair splitting you are doing between outright calling someone a fraud and implying they are one.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    What is an upper belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 3:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shhhhh he doesn't want to answer that question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2013 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Shhhhh he doesn't want to answer that question.
    You are just a big bad bully on the forums huh? Honestly does this make you feel like a tough guy?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast