Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brisbane! Check out MMA Acceleration 2: RIZE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	15248
    After the success of the first MMA Acceleration program, Advance Martial Arts in Coorparoo is providing yet another opportunity to fast track your way to the cage.

With access to over 40 classes per week, private lessons, diet and supplement program, strength and conditioning program, and full use of the gym facilities, you will lose weight, gain skills and learn more about MMA, fitness and yourself than you could have ever imagined.

The program culminates in an MMA fight on home turf, under the Rize Acceleration promotion. The first event was an absolute cracker, with many of the participants going on to win their debut bout. Some were even scouted to fight in other promotions!

I personally took part in the first program and I can, without hyperbole, say that it changed my life. I lost 17kg, my skill level rose dramatically and while I sustained an injury just two weeks prior to the event, I was given the honour of MCing the event. My diet has forever been altered, my fitness is the best it has ever been despite the minor setback and I have developed friendships that will last a lifetime. I honestly can't wait to train with the new crew.

So if you're in Brisbane, wait, no, if you're in anywhere, pack your suitcases and increase your ACCELERATION to Advance Martial Arts at 26 Cambridge St, Coorparoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 9:54am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is the coach?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 7:58pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This definitely looks like a lot of fun. If only it were closer...

But what makes this better than taking normal mma classes? (With private instruction) Supplementation and Nutrition?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 9:21pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Who is the coach?
    I believe Matt Cooper (Advance Martial Arts Head instructor) is the main Coach for this, with various others helping out for particular other aspects; battlefields will be able to clarify this more as I'm someone that just rolls around outside of the cage and gets to squish the nice tired MMA guys in grappling work ;).

Also, it's a great experience from having spoken to all the guys that did the last acceleration program. battlefields changed dramatically and his skillset was vastly improved as well as specifically built for MMA, which is the goal. All of the last course members vastly improved in their skills, and they are really nice clean technique against good pressure and control grappling etc.

The atmosphere is really supportive and you get driven to train hard and train well. Training facilities are fucking brand new, large area, Ring, Cage, Grappling area, striking area, full free weights, strength and conditioning program specifically catered for your acceleration course, I believe supplements and the like are included as well. Really, if you want to try it out, change your life, and see if you have what it takes to get in the ring...this is really the best way to get into it in a kick ass environment with great instruction and the tools to make you the MMA machine you want to be ;).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2013 9:32pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    I believe Matt Cooper (Advance Martial Arts Head instructor) is the main Coach for this, with various others helping out for particular other aspects; battlefields will be able to clarify this more as I'm someone that just rolls around outside of the cage and gets to squish the nice tired MMA guys in grappling work ;).

Also, it's a great experience from having spoken to all the guys that did the last acceleration program. battlefields changed dramatically and his skillset was vastly improved as well as specifically built for MMA, which is the goal. All of the last course members vastly improved in their skills, and they are really nice clean technique against good pressure and control grappling etc.

The atmosphere is really supportive and you get driven to train hard and train well. Training facilities are fucking brand new, large area, Ring, Cage, Grappling area, striking area, full free weights, strength and conditioning program specifically catered for your acceleration course, I believe supplements and the like are included as well. Really, if you want to try it out, change your life, and see if you have what it takes to get in the ring...this is really the best way to get into it in a kick ass environment with great instruction and the tools to make you the MMA machine you want to be ;).
    Hnnnnnnnnngggggggggg........

Posted On:
    7/25/2013 3:18am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, Miyagi. Good wrap up.

Yes, the coach is Matt Cooper, Advance's Head Instructor, but there is also some recent additions, including a well known Australian MMA-specific wrestling coach Mal Van, and the resident strength and conditioning coach.

While the normal MMA classes at Advance are very good value, they cater for the wider demographic of both fundamental and advanced students. These are people not necessarily interested in fighting in the cage, or maybe are only able to commit to a day or two a week. The focus is on technique. MMA Acceleration works on technique AND conditioning of the body.

I won't lie, the conditioning is brutal. Your lungs will burn, your muscles will liquefy, you will hit mental barriers. But in a short amount of time your lungs will improve, your muscles strengthen, and your body will do things your mind thought impossible. I know because it happened to me. Not only did I lose a stupendous amount of weight, but my cardio went through the roof, my explosive strength is insane and as Miyagi said, my MMA specific grappling skills are drastically improved, which has also added to my jits skills in a certain way.

I cannot recommend this program highly enough. It is for legit participants only, though, it is not your average "get fit fast" program. While there definitely is a social aspect to it, the program itself is not a social get together. If you legitimately want to test yourself in the cage, this program is for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    7/25/2013 7:28am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    This definitely looks like a lot of fun. If only it were closer...

But what makes this better than taking normal mma classes? (With private instruction) Supplementation and Nutrition?
    None if you are training to fight in a fight gym. A **** ton if you aren't.

There was a time where you just could not go into a gym and say "I want to fight MMA" These programs make that possible.

Look 12 weeks are our standard prep for a fight and it is a kind of science on its own.There is an are to it that is not covered if you are not training for a fight.

What sort of conditioning you do skills the intensity you train is all geared to put you at your best at the end of the 12 weeks. You cannot maintain that you need to taper off afterwards.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/27/2013 10:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't trained for 9 weeks, this is a reminder for me to start up again. Not going to sign up but will hopefully be able to make the fights next time round.