Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 9:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chicagoland MMA meet

So' we're a small place in the suburbs of Chicago (Addision), we were just wondering when a good date to hold something like this? We're thinking about July 6th, almost a 3day week end.

I'm a teacher at Kim's Martial arts, I'll be checking in with a nearby MMA gym to see if they're interested in heading out as well. We've got a dedicated mat, A small weight room, and a waiting room, so we should have a lingering area, a rolling area, and a prep room.

We are primarily a TKD school, but i have MMA and BJJ experience as well. I will be both reffing and rolling, in addition, if anyone wants to try a MMA match with me i'm open to that as well.

If therels enough interest we might consider doing this again.

In addition i'm posting a review and a intro topic, I'll put those in here in a moment.
    Last edited by TKDbrah; 6/05/2013 9:59pm at .

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDbrah View Post
    So' we're a small place in the suburbs of Chicago (Addision), we were just wondering when a good date to hold something like this? We're thinking about July 6th, almost a 3day week end.

I'm a teacher at Kim's Martial arts, I'll be checking in with a nearby MMA gym to see if they're interested in heading out as well. We've got a dedicated mat, A small weight room, and a waiting room, so we should have a lingering area, a rolling area, and a prep room.

We are primarily a TKD school, but i have MMA and BJJ experience as well. I will be both reffing and rolling, in addition, if anyone wants to try a MMA match with me i'm open to that as well.

If therels enough interest we might consider doing this again.

In addition i'm posting a review and a intro topic, I'll put those in here in a moment.
    Ah damn, I got my hopes up. Addison is also a suburb of Dallas, Tx.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 10:05am

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm very close and will go if you manage to kick off this TD.

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 2:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right, since it seems like we've got some interest (1 person is enough, we'll be contacting a few other gyms with this too), i figured i'd go ahead and lay down a sched.

First off, June 6th is our tentative date- i'll have an exact answer later tonight (Gotta run everything by the master)

12:00 - 1:00 - Meet up, warm up, organization. (we will be washing mats before and after the event)

1:00 - 2:00 - Basic kicking and grappling techniques

2:00 - 4:00 - Free sparring/rolling (may be cut short if we don't have that many people)

4:00 - 5:00 - Exhibition matches (i'll be working with the local MMA gyms on this one, anyone who wants to try it out should post their weight/age/experience)

5:00 - 6:00 - Review, extra rolling time

6:30 - End.

I'm thinking for a 10$ fee we can provide Bananas and Water for everyone.

There's a hospital right down the road, we sell equipment (No MMA gloves, but we do have shin/forearm guards, Helmets, Cups, mouthpieces)

We will have trained staff on hand to ref, and a guy to video everything.

As for rules...well, it'll be up to the participants (if you guys wanna grapple only, that's fine), but i would like to steal a rule from the XFC open audition - If someone gets a leg lock of any kind, don't bother getting it to a tap, just tell the other guy. I don't think i'll get any flack for having a TKD school protecting people's legs.

If you guys have any suggestions/comments i'm all ears, we have every interest is making this go smoothly for your guys - making this a safe/fun workout for everyone is our number 1 priority.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 4:09pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm assuming you mean July. And if it's just me attending, I won't show up.

Also, I know it's a TKD school, but someone should really provide MMA gear. I suggest reading through some of the other throwdown threads and asking some people who have hosted these before for some advice.

I know you're really jonesing to throw a TD, but I'm not going to show up if this is a free trial for your school. This is supposed to be about pressure testing your training.

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 9:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're putting this on hold for now, but if there is interest in the future we'll consider it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 5:56pm

Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should probably get yourself a little more known first. Once you get aquainted with everyone you can plan the TD for next year so you can iron out all the kinks. Then more people (most likely) show up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2013 1:25am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm driving distance away and would love to go to a TD... Not getting much sparring in these days.

/subscribed