Just for Kicks TKD in Fishkill NY under Robert S. Blum
Anyone familiar with this club?
- Belt certificates are issued by United Tae Kyon Federation (see image below)
- Lots of kids in the program (claims to be largest TKD program in the Hudson Valley and Fishkill area)
- Lots of overweight black belts (based on the Facebook pictures posted)
- claims to be one of the "Top 100 Martial Arts Schools in the country"
- claims to have been rated in the top 1% of martial arts schools nation wide by (NAPMA) the National Association of Professional Martial Artists since 2009
- Master Robert S. Blum (aka chief master instructor - picture below) claims to be a 5th Dan with an accomplished TKD tournament history (although Google can't find any mentions)
- contracts are required
- kickboxing program is also offered
This is a good start, but your post does not meet the minimum criteria for posting in this forum.
Please read the following links to get a better idea of what is required for an investigative thread to remain in MABS.
MABS: Purpose and Policy
"Somebody Do Something!!!!!1!"
You are required to support your case and do your own legwork in MABS. If you have any questions regarding how to get this done, feel free to post them here.
Welcome to Bullshido.
I am not a member of this club, so I can't get much more info.
I searched for United Tae Kyon Federation, the organization issuing the belt certificates, and nothing came up. I thought that was very strange. Anyone ever heard of this TKD organization? Why is there no website, list of affiliates, board members, etc.?
I searched for the TKD credentials of the owner/chief instructor. Again, nothing - except press releases issued by his own school. How can there be no trail of someone so accomplished, and a 5th Dan. Again, very unusual.
Based on the club's Facebook page, there are dozens and dozens of black belts in this school, many 3rd and 4th Dans (plus 300+ kids enrolled) so potentially many people are impacted.
This school claims to be one of the top 1% of martial arts schools in the country, but I cannot verify that either.
Another claim is that the school trained over 40 US National champions - (7 in 2010 alone) http://www.prlog.org/10918766-fishki...bnr-radio.html
Maybe this school is legit, but are all the claims impossible to verify?
Last edited by HunterMcD; 6/04/2013 12:58pm at .
School and Instructor are legit - Master Blum is a Kukkiwan Tae Kwon Do certified 5th Dan - The United Tae Kyon Federation is his instructors federation. Run by Joachim Klee he trained for many years under grand master john peligrini ?sp - As for tournaments Master Blum was a huge NBL and PKC competitor through the mid to late 90's and early 2000's his school and students later competed on the PKC Circuit and in AAU TKD Events. I would imagine those students titles would be AAU based.
I found this little gem
They do tend to be a bit too overweight.
Last edited by erezb; 6/05/2013 2:41am at .
How do you know all this? Just curious.
Originally Posted by kicker1010
They seem just a tad on the husky side.