pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a reply from James at Team Tabmoc:
    Hello Ross,

I knew him by Kym Tachibana which I think is his real name but who knows what he is going by now?!? He trained with my garage group off and on for about a year or so. However, once we combined with Power Team (now Marra Senki BJJ) he went his own way.

As far as him being an Assistant MMA instructor for Team Tabmoc in an official capacity...NOPE! Like I said, he did train with us and he did work (spar/roll) with one of our active fighters at the time. This was because of his lighter weight and he did have a blue belt skill level in grappling. But he never cornered any of our fighters or was more than a training partner for any of them.

Once we parted ways he did rent a small facility here in San Antonio (which I think his parents paid for). I think he called it "The Dojo" but not sure. It was only open for a few months and I was told he had a handful of students at most. I deployed to Iraq at the time and when I came back I was told by one of our team members that he moved away from San Antonio. I think he moved to Austin for awhile and then to Houston.

As far as the rest of his resume...I couldn't tell you what is factual and what is not.
    The only official MMA Coaches for Team Tabmoc at the time were the following:

Myself - currently coach MMA at Marra Senki BJJ (www.marrajj.com)
    Rudy Hernandez - Current owner of the Spartan Pit (www.spartanpit.com)
    Wally Herrera - Not currently training but he ran training in my absence while I was deployed and helped corner fighters.

Hope this helps...

James
    Things are not looking good for wmpyr.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 12:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think now would be a decent time to formalize an investigation into this YouTube warrior.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 2:34pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wympyr is now my online personal trainer.

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 3:08pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can a guy who brings "Slug Street Scrappers" to the Japanese Audience be all that bad?

http://www.slugstreetscrappers.com/p/cast-crew.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Can a guy who brings "Slug Street Scrappers" to the Japanese Audience be all that bad?

http://www.slugstreetscrappers.com/p/cast-crew.html
    Isnt this made partnly by that kwonkicker guy? Kwonkicker is ONLY The ultimate master of Taekwondo in the entire world and knows more than anyone on the subject as wel is an expert "PRO FIGHTER!!!" in muay thai with a record of 1-0. A total badass action man! So maybe this has brought SOME legitimacy to wympyr now..good find!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 3:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post
    wympyr is now my online personal trainer.

Ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post
    Isnt this made partnly by that kwonkicker guy? Kwonkicker is ONLY The ultimate master of Taekwondo in the entire world and knows more than anyone on the subject as wel is an expert "PRO FIGHTER!!!" in muay thai with a record of 1-0. A total badass action man! So maybe this has brought SOME legitimacy to wympyr now..good find!
    Yeah, the Pro Fighter thing is the only thing I give him credit for. He initially was called out for making Bullshido claims regarding his training, went silent for a few years, and then showed back up after having actually fought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Ugh....

Yeah, the Pro Fighter thing is the only thing I give him credit for. He initially was called out for making Bullshido claims regarding his training, went silent for a few years, and then showed back up after having actually fought.
    Everyone thinks he fought a jobber who sucked. he also is apparently rich enough to go fight in thailand and train at the tourist martial artist camp. He hasnt fought in the U.S. in MMA or any kickboxing though. Wonder why. He has acrobatic talent though and is athletic but still...he is still making bullshido claims.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2013 12:55am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (FAQ from "Blood Sucking Shuriken" one of his blogs?):

http://lamont0.blogspot.com/2011/09/faq.html

"During my college years I was in unsanctioned challenge matches to test my skills, unofficially I am undefeated in about 10 matches. Post college I was on the BJJ and MMA competition team, I competed in BJJ. I worked a dangerous security job and lived in really bad neighborhoods, I was in many altercations but I was always able to prevent or avoid any street fights."

Funny how it's unsanctioned so folks can't verify it huh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2013 1:11am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The next thing I want to talk about is my purpose, my goal on Youtube is to present solo training material so that students can develop good body mechanics. I am not making any claims that a student will be able to fight well, or survive a street altercation. Even though I personally developed my own style for the street and have used it many times to survive street altercations, it worked for me personally because of my background and many other factors.

For me to say watch my videos and practice the Heaven 6 and you will be able to defend yourself on the street is silly, there is no style that can make such a guarantee period, and solo training is simply not enough. I've had street experience living in bad neighborhoods, experience working a rough security job, BJJ competition experience, a ton of sparring experience in various styles, unsanctioned challenge matches, and even a few fights in high school."

(Taken from http://www.lamont0.blogspot.com/2013...-response.html)

If this doesn't belong here, please Mods remove it. I just thought adding some text from his blogs would allow people to find flaws in what he's saying or where he contradicts himself.

And I thought giving a link to the FAQ would help if there is going to be an investigation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2013 3:46am

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.HoneyBadger View Post
    (FAQ from "Blood Sucking Shuriken" one of his blogs?):

http://lamont0.blogspot.com/2011/09/faq.html

"During my college years I was in unsanctioned challenge matches to test my skills, unofficially I am undefeated in about 10 matches.
    Oh noes, teh zeekrit underground fights!!!! I bet he also thinks Bloodsport was a documentary.

I was in many altercations but I was always able to prevent or avoid any street fights."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.HoneyBadger View Post
    Even though I personally developed my own style for the street and have used it many times to survive street altercations, it worked for me personally because of my background and many other factors.

(Taken from http://www.lamont0.blogspot.com/2013...-response.html)
    Is this a contradiction? I feel like it's a contradiction.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast