Posted On:
    6/04/2013 2:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wmpyr

Found this video on youtube when researching Karambits:

What he's teaching here is definitely not self defense, borders on premeditated murder in my opinion. It's probably one of his worst videos to date. Tried calling him out on it but he's deleted my comments and blocked me from posting. In fact I have a feeling he does that with all negative posts.

Here is a link to his supposed credentials:

http://lamont0.blogspot.tw/2010/11/resume.html

Apparently teaches classes in Houston.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/04/2013 10:37am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AzianDragonz View Post
    Found this video on youtube when researching Karambits:

What he's teaching here is definitely not self defense, borders on premeditated murder in my opinion. It's probably one of his worst videos to date. Tried calling him out on it but he's deleted my comments and blocked me from posting. In fact I have a feeling he does that with all negative posts.

Here is a link to his supposed credentials:

http://lamont0.blogspot.tw/2010/11/resume.html

Apparently teaches classes in Houston.
    This is a good start, but your post does not meet the minimum criteria for posting in this forum.

Please read the following links to get a better idea of what is required for an investigative thread to remain in MABS.

MABS: Purpose and Policy

"Somebody Do Something!!!!!1!"

You are required to support your case and do your own legwork in MABS. If you have any questions regarding how to get this done, feel free to post them here.

Welcome to Bullshido.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/04/2013 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based on his resume, I wonder if he's ever met up with Daneil Arola and/or the Houston Stickfighting Association.

Posted On:
    6/04/2013 11:49am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sensei Yasu "Wmpyr"
    *Samurai Descendant
    *20+ years of Martial Arts Experience
    *Assistant MMA Coach Team TABMOC
    *Team Machado, BJJ competitor
    *2nd generation Arnis student of GM Remy Presas
    *Founder of K4S Combat System
    *Youtube Blade Arts Collaboration Team Founder
    *Houston BJJ Meetup Group North West side Founder
    *Owner/operator K4S Academy, Houston
    *Owner/operator The Dojo, San Antonio
    *Rising Tide Martial Arts Assistant Instructor
    *Guest Instructor at Lackland AFB for US Army
    *Guest Assistant for SA Police Academy's scenario training
    I have to laugh at the "samurai descendent" - who really cares? I've got slaves and coal-miners in my history. Big deal.

So many of these are weak: "guest assistant", "youtube team founder", and similarly lackluster accomplishments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2013 4:04pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy has multiple different websites peddling the same LARP. Seeing as all his tutorials are pay to view I didn't bother going that far; but that being said there doesn't seem to be much in the way of consistency either. I did shuffle through a few of his videos - which are more like a video blog than anything else. I didn't see anything particularly over the top or fanatical. Anyone with a few minutes and Google can find his blogs.

http://knifebat.blogspot.co.nz/

Even portrays a disclaimer:

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
    Disclaimer

K4S, Wampire and all associates are not liable for anyone's actions.
    The information and materials presented are for entertainment and historical information purposes only.

All materials including videos pictures techniques and concepts must be practiced directly in person with a certified martial arts instructor under their supervision and instruction. Imitation is strictly forbidden.

K4S, Wampire and all related materials on the K4S website including Youtube, Cafepress and Blogger are all copyrighted material.
    I guess he abandoned that idea.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 7:58am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done some reviews of his YouTube teachings in other threads. I'll see if I can find them. Pretty much every legit FMA teacher I've met that knows of him considers Wmpyr to be a YouTube black belt; lots of claims of experience, but basically learned everything he teaches from watching other videos.

Basically, a low grade Luke Holloway.

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 9:37am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Pretty much every legit FMA teacher I've met that knows of him considers Wmpyr to be a YouTube black belt.
    Considering he only says "2nd generation Arnis student of GM Remy Presas" and doesn't give a rank, or who his teacher is, one can assume an undistinguished and short stint of training.

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy seems to only exist on youtube and in blogs. I've done some more searching have learned that his real name is Yasu Tachibana. Everything on the internet about him seems to be posted by him. Here is a link to his IMDB bio (written by him):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5158013/bio

I'm going to keep looking but it doesn't look promising.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking up Team TABMOC (where he says he's an MMA teacher), I found this:
    http://www.tabmoc.com/

Where do we train?
    All Team TABMOC members are free to train wherever and with whomever that makes them better. However, all coaches, fighters and members train at or support Marra Senki BJJ, the Spartan Pit & SBGi Association schools.
    Here's their origin page:
    2001 – Team TABMOC was established in San Antonio, TX. The group started out as a small garage group with only five members. The original members were James Walker, John Laurel, Richard Hernandez, Richard Chavez and Adrian Sanchez. The group’s main focus at the time was realistic martial arts for the street and ring. It was mainly a blend of JKD Concepts, Brazilian Jiujitsu and Muay Thai.

2002-2003 – During this time, Team TABMOC grew steadily to about 15 active members. Most members had varied backgrounds in martial arts. The sole purpose of the group was to get together to train and test out techniques under resistance. Functional techniques were kept. All others were discarded.

2004 – Team TABMOC originator James Walker met and trained with Adam & Rory Singer of the Hardcore Gym in Athens, GA. He along with a few TABMOC members were then introduced to Matt Thornton of Straight Blast Gym International (SBGi).

2005 – After several training sessions, Team TABMOC became an Affiliated Training Group (ATG) under SBGi. Functional training with Aliveness as the cornerstone became the focus of the group.

2006 – The group grew to 25+ members all training in a small garage. The group started having many of its members competing in various competitions such as MMA, Boxing and BJJ. In very short time, Team TABMOC became a recognized force in Texas. On 2 Aug 06, Team TABMOC merged with Alamo JJ to become Power Team BJJ.

Today – Team TABMOC is fully emerged and big part of the Power Team BJJ Association MMA Programs. However, the group core members still get together to train on a weekly basis to continue to make themselves better...
    Apparently they have a connection to Matt Thornton. Anyway, I sent them an email about wmpyr:
    Hi James, my name's Ross. I'm contacting you about a discussion that's started on Bullshido.net, regarding Yasu Tachibana/wmpyr. He has an extensive resume of martial arts skills and one of our hobbies on BS is confirming the qualifications of extremely high ranked people. Here is the thread in question:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121020

This is his biography of his training:
    Sensei Yasu "Wmpyr"
    *Samurai Descendant
    *20+ years of Martial Arts Experience
    *Assistant MMA Coach Team TABMOC
    *Team Machado, BJJ competitor
    *2nd generation Arnis student of GM Remy Presas
    *Founder of K4S Combat System
    *Youtube Blade Arts Collaboration Team Founder
    *Houston BJJ Meetup Group North West side Founder
    *Owner/operator K4S Academy, Houston
    *Owner/operator The Dojo, San Antonio
    *Rising Tide Martial Arts Assistant Instructor
    *Guest Instructor at Lackland AFB for US Army
    *Guest Assistant for SA Police Academy's scenario training

I emailed you specifically about his position as Assistant MMA coach for Team Tabmoc. Does he fill this role, and do you have anything else to say about him? We feel that its better to get first-hand accounts from teachers and coaches rather than hearsay. Thank you for your time, have a nice day.
    A quick Google search brings up nothing for K4S Academy Houston; the only similar thing is some sports schools in the UK. The only results for K4S Combat Systems was a few of his youtube vids and a really cheap looking website:
    http://www.k4s.i8.com/

Searching for "Rising Tide Martial Arts" where he claims to be an assistant instructor only yields other versions of his online resume.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 10:59pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Based on his resume, I wonder if he's ever met up with Daneil Arola and/or the Houston Stickfighting Association.
    Excuse me sir but I believe this same Daniel Arola had threatened to beat me up over facebook and I had never met him before.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast