Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did some cursory research. I doubt it's a troll job. Just young kids playing dangerous games with each other.

Seriously kids, get some real training. Everything I have seen points to improper training that will not only get you all injured but will ingrain horrible habits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 2:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I was browsing the FB page and saw this glowing endorsement from The Submission Channel:
    The Submission Channel cannot believe that FFT, or what you really should be called: Fatum TOP Fight Team, is having its talent questioned by a bunch of internet trolls. TSC is absolutely certain that wherever FTFT is found competing, there will be submissions to be recorded for The Submission Channel. Every match in fact. - E
    Seems kind of fishy for them to be so absolutely certain about these mediocre kids, so I looked at that page. Its only got 50 likes and has been around since last June. Is this the same submission channel as the Youtube one with like 200 videos? I wonder. They only have 3 likes, and one of those is Fatum Fight Team. One is a grappling mag and one is a dojo. That's it? No other dojos? Weird. They have like 30 vids liked on their youtube channel and none are Fatum. Maybe someone should shoot Youtube's TheSubmissionChannel a message about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 2:34pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Did some cursory research. I doubt it's a troll job. Just young kids playing dangerous games with each other.

Seriously kids, get some real training. Everything I have seen points to improper training that will not only get you all injured but will ingrain horrible habits.
    BFM for the win.

Darien's youtube channel

I will pick the training video, and one fight video for analysis.

0:01-0:32: Ground and pound drilling: poor transitions from side control and mount. Lots of arm punching.

0:33-0:41: Bareknuckle punches to the stomach: I don't even know why you would do that ****.

0:42-0:48: Thai kicks to shield: No hip involvement - your base foot it still pointing towards the target. Hands are all over the place, overhand right counter is open all day.

0:49-0:57: Flying knees to shield: again, poor hand discipline, and a weird snap kick to knee transition.

0:58-1:06: Transition from standing over downed opponent to submission: Oh dear god. You're leaning forward - right into your opponent's legs. The ankle lock is a scary submission - quit training that with your friends.

1:07-1:21: More "Thai kicks": Your pad holder isn't moving around, so you're really not getting much in terms of learning how to kick and move. The low cut kick has no hip involvement, and the higher kicks leave you falling over. Your hand discipline sucks, and you could be countered with ease.

1:21-1:22: Punching mitts: Again the partner isn't moving, and the "punch" you slip is thrown completely without intent. Your hands are down, you're standing square, your uppercut is coming from east jesus, and your left hand is down during the slip (since the next punch coming is usually a cross, that's bad).

1:23-1:32: More "Thai Kicks": I think I know why you call it "Maui Thai" now. Thailand may very well sue you.

1:33-1:37: Hands and feet combo against mitts: Your hands are down, you duck face first (seriously, you realize people knee right?), and you kick is all over the damn place. Seriously, your hands are everywhere except where they should be.

1:38-1:41: Another standing over downed opponent to submission: I've never seen that in the UFC. I think I know why.

1:42-1:56: More hands and feet against mitts: Your partner still isn't moving around, and isn't providing any push back on the strikes. You're completely open every time you strike.

Okay, I've lost patience. The last minute is everything I've already noted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 2:52pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Possibly the best route we could take with this investigation would be to contact their mothers...

I do think this is pretty dangerous. They're FB has pics of kids... HOPEFULLY those kids aren't fighting... or sparring... Plus the claims of black belt, the unsupervised sparring and fighting (theirs a claim that Darien is the "champ" (Of the backyard as far as I can tell) on their FB... This is probably not a good situation.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 3:34pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leaning 60/40 -> Troll on this one.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 11:19pm

supporting member
     Style: The Jits + Hung Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    +1 to that statement. I just watched the "Diesel beats up jacob baker" clip. I might be a novice, but the footwork was making me absolutely cringe. Leaving punches out there for follow ups, slow backward footwork where the front foot is slid back first and the feet are close together. Might as well wear a sign saying "here's your opening, knock me over."

I'd expect videos like this out of friends goofing off at a party.. not people trying to be taken seriously, teens or not.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 10:04am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Assuming this isn't a troll job, it's a perfect example of what happens when people try to learn martial arts without qualified instruction.

Please keep in mind that the members of the Fatum Fight Team are most likely minors/children. In consideration of this, I think we should keep our criticisms on the professional side.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: The Jits + Hung Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Please keep in mind that the members of the Fatum Fight Team are most likely minors/children. In consideration of this, I think we should keep our criticisms on the professional side.
    According to the website, Brian Baugher was born in 1993, effectively making him a legal adult at 20 years old. The other 2 with full bios are ~17 and Jed Hatfield does not list his age, but does claim a karate purple belt and to have trained boxing with someone named "Richey Borugh"

So basically at least one of them is an adult.
    Last edited by XXIV; 6/15/2013 10:42am at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Leaning 60/40 -> Troll on this one.

Really ? I feel as if they suck way too much in the ways that point to a complete lack of actual live training to be trolling. I am pretty sure they are just a bunch of hacks attempting to live out their dreams of not being exactly what they are.

Maybe they "got me" and they were only pretending to be as poorly trained and ignorant as they come off. If so mad internetz pointz to their l33t game of convincing experts and hobbyists that they suck on an embarrassing level.

Now if they could convince me they were good when they weren't ... that would be a good troll job.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/15/2013 1:23pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 3:50pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Real or not, I refuse to acknowledge that anyone could be this horrible at anything for which they'd establish a website and social media presence.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast