Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 6:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The problem with the "fakes" is when they have, in fact, crossed paths with real Shaolin priests...their "fakeness" gets a sort of "seal of approval"
    The problem with "fakes" is that as long as they are a source of money the "legit" guys are happy with them.

Shi De Yang & Aguilar pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Huang_juan_C_Aguilar-Shaolin-Kung-Fu-Bilbao-Shi-DeYang-4.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	14958

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Huang_juan_C_Aguilar-Shaolin-Kung-Fu-Bilbao-Shi-DeYang-8.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	14959

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 7:52pm

Style: Chinese MA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Yeah, when it was reported that the elder Boston Marathon Bomber trained at WaiKru mma here (we've done 3 Bullshido throwdowns there, in the past), my first thought was "****...what we don't need".
    You're right. Actually, I think the bombing in Boston happened just one week before the murder I spoke of. When I heard of the bombing on the news I was really pissed of.

And then, when I heard the elder guy was boxer and the younger was a wrestler, I just felt really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    The problem with "fakes" is that as long as they are a source of money the "legit" guys are happy with them.
    Dude, don't even start it. My dreams of learning real martial arts with great masters who live stoically with no money - kindly harbored since I first read "NINJA Mind Control" by Ashida Kim as a 12 y.o. - have already been utterly destroyed. I know stuff can be pretty bad in Shaolin neighborhood - like people mad for coin and stuff - but I still thought Shi De Yang was a nice guy.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    6/08/2013 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shi De Yang & Aguilar pics
    Remember even the "legit" masters are in fact puppets on a string controlled by politicians with financial interests.

The temple and the Temple™ have been alternately commanded, bullied, and or directly run by some sort of external Chinese authority since at least the 6th century (Shahar, 2008).

Their latest "owners" are trying to play nice with all the capitalists after centuries of keeping their toys to themselves, and they naturally see the great capitalistic value of Shaolin brand.

I don't lay the blame for this train wreck directly at the feet of masters like Shi De Yang, who is an actual Zen Buddhist priest and from the videos, clearly a master of the Shaolin gun, the same things that could have in antiquity defined someone as being a master of Shaolin Chan. Remember that he would probably enjoy spending his days training and meditating, as opposed to pimping Shaolin™ in the media. That "job" is likely "encouraged" by the government, forcing him to be a cultural attache ($$$).

Shi de Yang has taught so many people for so long (at least a few decades) it would only be natural one would eventually come along and do something horrific.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/08/2013 9:31am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2013 5:07pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    --Insert bad joke about Basques* here --

*Assuming Huang (Juan) is Basque. ****, even his name sounds like a joke in spanish.

Word of mouth is his deceased brother didn't die of natural causes, and there are speculations of body parts thrown into the river.

--insert bad joke about Marta del Castillo here--

And to nail the fucking coffin, another MA swindler (Noa Diez, supposedly made The Matrix coreographies though there is no proof) appeared on national TV speaking about this as an "expert".

Gotta love this country. Now let's go watch soccer and forget.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 3:25am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied Shaolin Kung Fu in Madrid for a while so here's my take on this:

My former Sifu, ( ) trained under Shi DeYang seemed to confirm Juan Aguilar wasn't officialy allowed to exercise as a master, and that "true" Shaolin groups in Spain never took the guy seriously.

Wish it was that simple, though. Remember we are talking about the Shaolin temple. It's extremely complicated to know what is official and what isn't in mainland china, imagine how it is outside! When foreigners go to China to train I guess they expect a community of monks that permanently reside in the temple and hand out the traditional "true" teachings, and what they find is a ton of schools with varying degrees of dodginess. He could've trained with Shi DeYang for two or three years and then bought a cert from one of the shady schools.

The main issue here is that Spain's awareness of bad martial arts practices is null. Zero. People's understanding of martial arts begins and ends in Karate. It seems to me like a bit of a safe haven for bullshitters, and I eagerly await the day in which an organization similar to Bullshido starts protecting customers. I've known of a Facebook group that does this in relation to BJJ mostly (Pumpy soluciones) but it's not enough.

About this guy, well, not much to say other than I hope he rots in prison, or in a mental institution if the whole tumor thing is true.

You know what pisses me off too? The media. They latch onto these cases to grab audience and turn the killer into an antihero. Many psychologists have studied this effect and say it's a big no-no to portray the killer in an interesting, borderline admirative way. Hell, I've seen headlines titled "The Monk of Death", and every time he is mentioned you get to see him with the whips or doing a spear form.
    Last edited by Nikorasu90; 6/09/2013 3:35am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 3:32am

Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cesar, sorry :)

¿Que tal te va el cuello?
    Muy bien, gracias :) tratándolo con cariño...

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jedi-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all sorry for my lame english, there´s a post in a spanish forum asking for "the master" and it seems he used to scam his students with a "poverty vow" and there´s some gems like this:

"“In a Budo Exhibition and after a breaking session showing his great concentration power and “no pain” stuff, we walk near the locker room and ear some spooky sounds, like someone´s been assassinated., I was fucking scared, I think “there´s something wrong” so I warn my master and he said “take it easy” and he said to come with me and investigate.

It seem that, after a gig he used to hide in the locker room...you must see his pain face, I could be great take pics of before and after”.

(I would like to post the link but I´m new)

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shaolin gongfu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who knows how many people DeYang has really taught and for how long? YOU? LURK MORE AND POST LESS. or use biosh§§site ,,,ahahaha

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 6:07pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really get this sentiment of "He's just a fake in it for the money, not like this guy who posed with him for money!"

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 7:25pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfu29 View Post
    who knows how many people DeYang has really taught and for how long? YOU? LURK MORE AND POST LESS. or use biosh§§site ,,,ahahaha
    I believe we were still at the point of you claiming to be his student, and not providing any proof of that claim. Remember?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456