Posted On:
    6/07/2013 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfu29 View Post
    Sorry i do not have time to play with a kid salut

Thanks a lot Kitty for the link....
    and some people say that the french are arrogant!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 9:47am

Style: Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "So everybody knew guy was a fake... that's BULLSHIT. Aguilar was promoted as a real Shaolin instructor by especialized press and Shaolin masters themselves.

Bunch of hypocrites."

Everybody I know made fun of him...the fact that this people seemed to promote him escapes my comprehension...if you knew the press in my country ( Spain) this wouldn´t surprise you though...In this country a member of the Jersey shore gang could well end in an opinion tv magazine, earning 5000 euros a month and become a role model for young girls.

Our political members don´t even need a degree to become minister...you can imagine the cultural level of the media...

About the shaolin masters thing I can´t say anything though.

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 10:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carlos, I'm a Spaniard too and know first hand how things are done around here.

Our political members don't even need a degree to become minister...
    Don't need to tell me... I knew Pepiño Blanco, and I was at his home, when I was attending Law School ;)

I'm an old dog.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all know there is the commercial Temple™ and then there is the historical temple.

So what we have in this case is a terrible train wreck where the Temple™ and historical temple meet....legit masters are now having their names smeared because one "lay" student who appears to have been involved in Temple™ marketing decided to try his hand at murder.

Sadly this is not the first time, as most here know there has been a steady stream of "fakes" lately, both in the ring and on video.

The problem with the "fakes" is when they have, in fact, crossed paths with real Shaolin priests...their "fakeness" gets a sort of "seal of approval" that makes things even worse, in my opinion. Combine that with actual athletic skills, and you end up with quite a convincing fraud.

No wonder both the historical temple as well as the Temple™ are quick to disavow this guy. This is both a cultural as well as financial stain they'd like to wash away....and as is their typical response, he's "NOT A R34L M0NK!!!" anyway.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/07/2013 10:43am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 10:50am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Carlos, I'm a Spaniard too and know first hand how things are done around here.

Don't need to tell me... I knew Pepiño Blanco, and I was at his home, when I was attending Law School ;)

I'm an old dog.
    Then welcome to my nightmare...or welcome me to yours jaja :) No soy Carlos, by the way...Un saludo compañero.

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 10:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cesar, sorry :)

¿Que tal te va el cuello?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 11:13am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    We all know there is the commercial Temple™ and then there is the historical temple.

So what we have in this case is a terrible train wreck where the Temple™ and historical temple meet....legit masters are now having their names smeared because one "lay" student who appears to have been involved in Temple™ marketing decided to try his hand at murder.

Sadly this is not the first time, as most here know there has been a steady stream of "fakes" lately, both in the ring and on video.

The problem with the "fakes" is when they have, in fact, crossed paths with real Shaolin priests...their "fakeness" gets a sort of "seal of approval" that makes things even worse, in my opinion. Combine that with actual athletic skills, and you end up with quite a convincing fraud.

No wonder both the historical temple as well as the Temple™ are quick to disavow this guy. This is both a cultural as well as financial stain they'd like to wash away....and as is their typical response, he's "NOT A R34L M0NK!!!" anyway.
    That´s very well exposed :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 3:43pm

Style: BSL; Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't believe it took me so long to notice this thread. I have to go now, but I'll investigate about this motherf***** later today.

It reminded of a recent murder here in Brazil. A bunch of ***holes broke into the house of a lady - I believe she was a middle-aged dentist. The youngest ***hole, still a minor (it's important to note that minors can't be arrest here), went too far and set the poor woman on fire. Horrible death. In the following days the police captured the culprits.

One one the adults was arrested while wearing a tank top with the word "boxe" ("Boxing" in portuguese) in big yellow capital letters.

Watching the scene on TV made my blood boil.

Martial artists are already regarded as violent around here. It's very hard to compete against other sports for financial aid, especially soccer. This kind of news screws us real bad.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The old No True Shaolin problem.

:)

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 5:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Soim View Post
    Martial artists are already regarded as violent around here. It's very hard to compete against other sports for financial aid, especially soccer. This kind of news screws us real bad.
    Yeah, when it was reported that the elder Boston Marathon Bomber trained at WaiKru mma here (we've done 3 Bullshido throwdowns there, in the past), my first thought was "****...what we don't need".
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast