218358 Bullies, 7490 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. 6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Monday Motivation: It's About Function, Not Appearance

At its core, attractiveness has always been a quality that stems from one's likelihood to bear successful offspring. With the advent of society, that's fluctuated over the centuries, from being overweight as a reflection of wealth, to being thin as a reflection of self discipline in the face of horrible diet options.

But ultimately, despite how far removed from the food chain the human race has become, strength and fitness will always be the fundamental arbiters of one's ability to survive; and consequently, for those whose minds are in the right place, the primary determinant of who is or is not "attractive".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2013 5:31pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw a great blog about this recently: http://sophieologie.wordpress.com/20...he-new-skinny/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 6:11am

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the angry responses that this new pressure, to be strong, is just as bad as the pressure to be skinny. The arguments: wanting to be strong is still body dysmorphia, exercise is dangerous (!), and, by the way, being strong doesn't make you invincible, so why bother: Click On This Bullshit (this is one example, I found some other similar, although shorter, replies).

To summarize: this person once was forced to bench press in P.E. class with a dislocated shoulder, and has equated this psychotic (and improbable...) negligence with physical culture in general.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 7:03am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing-Kwan-Fu View Post
    and, by the way, being strong doesn't make you invincible
    No, but being STRONGEST does! Raah!

Even a slight gain in strength makes me slightly more invincible. A little more every day. If I continue at this rate, by the time I'm 80, I'll be Thor.

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 9:05am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As long as there are no standards for what is "strong", like you do with sizes for skinny (size zero), she can't claim it is the same.
    But, the girl in the pic is strong and thin, her fat percentage is very low for sure.
    It is not like you used this girl as an example :

Though they are in the definition "strong is the new skinny" some how i don't think you had them in mind:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwm...t#.UbCWnNi2JG0

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 3:10pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's strong and there's strong. "Being capable of carrying my wounded ass to safety in a zombie invasion" is towards the top of my criteria list for "strength".

On hiatus

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    There's strong and there's strong. "Being capable of carrying my wounded ass to safety in a zombie invasion" is towards the top of my criteria list for "strength".
    pfft, poser

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 3:23pm

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    As long as there are no standards for what is "strong", like you do with sizes for skinny (size zero), she can't claim it is the same.
    But, the girl in the pic is strong and thin, her fat percentage is very low for sure.

Though they are in the definition "strong is the new skinny" some how i don't think you had them in mind:
    She has less bodyfat than the powerlifter or "wrestlers" you linked to, but much more than it would take to make a size zero look "fat". It's much easier to look good when you're strong.

Edit: It is a fair point that body-fat percentage is still a criteria for attractiveness, as it is with men. Nevertheless, "strong with a reasonable bf%" is a much healthier goal than "as skinny as possible, muscle be damned."
    Last edited by Wing-Kwan-Fu; 6/06/2013 3:27pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those memes seem to convey that skinny-with-muscles is the new skinny.

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 5:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post

First off, TOTALLY WOULD! (You wouldn't because you're a fucking asexual by default)

Second, that doesn't take a whole lot of strength. I've bench pressed my GF just for shits and giggles and I'm "average joe". (Said stunt was used as an exibition of Junior's retard strength in the film Kiss of Death. After doing the math [@105-125lbs press] I fugured it shoud be easy as pie and other than the obvious balance issues, IT WAS! ) In fact, for someone who lifts weights with any sort of seriousness, you'd have to find a disgusting whale of a human being to make that stunt and actual challenge.

Also, you suck Erezb. Go cry into a bag of donuts or binge / purge or whatever it is you do when your titties are are sore.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 6/06/2013 5:57pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast