Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say that the artist is more important then the style in most situations, but those who train in a more realistic environment will be better when it gets real.

Interesting. I agree mostly. But I put this question to you. Assuming cloning was real (hear me out) and we could genetically clone two of the same individual. A learns style A for 5 years and B learns style B for 5 years. Put them in the ring and who will win? Just a thought.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give you guys a little help here:

Kung Fu is the WORST offender in the dept of UNWORKABLE techniques built around a FLAWED SYSTEM.

Almost NOTHING in ANY style of Kung Fu has EVER been proven.

ANYWHERE.

The very BEST example of Kung Fu is the 'Boxers Rebellion' where these misguided FOOLS thought theor 'Chi' would protect them from bullets.

They were all killed.

Guys like KFDW want desperatley to beliebe that real fights look like Dragonball Z and that SOMEWHERE theres a MASTER who can put everyone to shame in seconds.

Sorry cuz, its not happeneing. You will never mee this master or even see him do what you wish he could. He doesnt exist.

You had your chance when Emin Boztepe attacked William Cheung like a common thug and despite Cheungs COUNTLESS years in Wing Cun he was beaten like a little kid but a man with 1/4th his expeirience.

Kung Fu sucks.

Im writing a TOTALLY no holds barred interview for this site. Please please PLEASE check it out when its finished. It might help to enlighten you a bit.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The one that trains to fight that style will probably win. In a fight with no rules the person who trains to fight without rules wins. It's simple. A pro boxer would beat a UFC fighter in boxing and a UFC fighter would beat a pro boxer in the UFC.

Take it to a situation in a fight on the street and the UFC fighter would beat the pro boxer in most situations, but not all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PeeDee,

Have you ever trained KF?

I would say that no style is totally useless. I took Karate for a short time when I was younger and it did teach me how to throw a punch and a kick, even though I did not like the Kata BS, that they spent valuable training time on, and stopped, I still came out of it with the ability to protect myself with my fists.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PDS is full of ****. nuff said.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PeeDee has good opinions on many things, but he seems to have a raw spot on him about trad. MA. He probably got beat by a BJJ white belt after training for years in another art, which does happen often.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I will say against someone who knows nothing it
    may (may) give you an advantage."

You mean like you and 95% of the people on this board? thats enough for me, I don't have to fight the absolute best. I just have to fight punks like you, big deal. You guys don't have a clue about kung fu. If anybody is fixated on the movies and what goes on TV its you guys.

8. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's really strange, cause Shawn Liu has untold documented fights under his belt using kung fu successfully, or are we only to count UFC results?

My kung fu seems to work just fine against other styles, and no, it does not incorporate ground techniques, but I've learned enough to get me off the ground.

In any case, ninety per cent of my art takes place at clinch range, so getting me on the ground, while possible, is not as easy as it sounds, and will involve taking some heinous damage along the way, and the risk of being thrown, as that is why my art is predominantly at clinch range, so that I can throw the opponent.

Do I follow them to the ground? Not unless I feel I've got an edge there due to size and experience(6'3" 220 lbs.).

So, peedee shaolin, care to elaborate on what kung fu systems you've even sparred against practitioners of, or would that interfere with your ability to hyperbolize?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's really strange, cause Shawn Liu has untold documented fights under his belt using kung fu successfully, or are we only to count UFC results?

My kung fu seems to work just fine against other styles, and no, it does not incorporate ground techniques, but I've learned enough to get me off the ground.

In any case, ninety per cent of my art takes place at clinch range, so getting me on the ground, while possible, is not as easy as it sounds, and will involve taking some heinous damage along the way, and the risk of being thrown, as that is why my art is predominantly at clinch range, so that I can throw the opponent.

Do I follow them to the ground? Not unless I feel I've got an edge there due to size and experience(6'3" 220 lbs.).

So, peedee shaolin, care to elaborate on what kung fu systems you've even sparred against practitioners of, or would that interfere with your ability to hyperbolize?

I will share. Sparred against a Bagua practitioner of 3.5 years. In front of my judo club. (Used their mats) Put him in the plum and threw ONE knee. When he lost his wind I let him go and sat on top of him. Just sat there until he recovered and let him up. That was all he needed. Now he is a blue belt in BJJ and one of my best friends.

KungFudoeswork- Seen Gracie in Action??? What is your take on all of those Kung fu practitioners style????? Why was the result the SAME in EVERY situation. Please tell me where I can get a Kung Fu in action tape which showcases Kung Fu against other styles in open challenge. didnt think so.

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 12:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All those? You mean the less than four that were supposedly kung fu( they were not our best at all) that did trash most of their opponents anyway to get to gracie, ten years ago? Those four? Or was it three when it turned out delucia was a kempo guy. And it still comes down to YOU, punkass. I don't beleive that ba gua story. Even if that is true, you fought 1 kung fu guy total? An internal stylist at that, which may not have been doing it for martial practice? Buy a clue if you have to, buddy. You don't know jack.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast