Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/22/2002 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >And before I get the naplam on me, let me state I don't know Dim Mak.

Neither do 80% of of the pple who THINK they do.

I truly don't consider the KF guy a good fighter or one with LITTLE to NO REAL Fighting experience. I still say it has more to do with the FIGHTER than the style.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2002 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia, Krav Mga is bullshit.It is about finding soccer moma that are scared of black people and telling them if they can learn to unleash the beast they can fend off the Crips and Bloods that are coming to place brown children in their wombs.
    I was offered a full certificate to teach LEGIT Krav Maga by a guy if I attend a seminar and bring a letter from my current teacher.It is a scam and I never met a Krav guy that had the balls to step up when I said this **** to his face.I know a TKD teacher that went to a couple Krav Seminars, now he teaches it for outsrageous fees to models.He is a total Nancy, 150 pounds of nothing.I own a gym an I got guys in here that could put this guy in a dress, guys that never had lesson 1 in real fighting.And ive seen this Krav teacher depicted in MA rags as some kinda combat guru.
    You say Israelis can rip guys new ones.Sure, but generally its after some dumb palestinian jackass tosses a rock at them, and they rip em a new one with automatic weapons.The six days war was Isrealis cruisin down in state of thart US weaponry and blowing arabs that got lost in the desert looking for Israel to kingdom come.It doesn't make Israeli's pre-eminent asskickers, the toughest Iraeli I've known is Moti Horenstein, and you ask him who's tough.

I hate my brother.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/22/2002 4:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not argueing about the sequence of events, that description was verbatim what knifefighter(KFO) wrote about the exerience, he after all set it up. I'm only disagreeing with those that think that the vid, and delucia for that matter, are examples of good kung fu. One of you actually called his fighting "the good example of high level kung fu in action"; this is complete retardation. Can you say "clueless". For people who are so superior you seem to spend a lot of time and effort on keeping your reps intact. You are so desperate to make this into the "ultimate proof" that you will ignore the obvious. This guy sucked coconuts through a straw, period. This guy was just plain BAD. He is not the great herald of kung fu.

"Hey KungFuDoesWork, you genius"

Thank you, I appreciate your realizing the possiblity and thanks for the compliment.

Asia, More like 99.999%. I could count those that actually know dim mak on one hand without using my thumb. The dim mak/ eye gouge response is a tired and stupid answer given by novice students on the internet who look toward the most exotic technique they could find in order to sound dangerous. But it doesn't stop the world outside of kung fu to wave this like a flag, even though it comes from the mouths of white belt children. Most of you dissing kung fu in general are just regergitating what others have said. Please, formulate your own opinions. I must have read the same exact answers a million times. Its like you guys have a pamphlet that you've memorized and roboticly take quotes from. Is this not what a Mcdojo would do, have you parrot what other people say instead of using your mind and opening you eyes?

Mercurious, Heres a clue you can follw, since you have none about KF. The stances you do see in a form are mostly the ENDS of a technique, NOT the beginning. Its stupid to think that every single move in a form is the first move. We won't sit there and wait for you on one leg. The technique is done by then. You are not standing there waiting.

Edited by - Kungfudoeswork on July 22 2002 16:36:56
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2002 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with KungFuDoesWork that that is by far the worst example of Kung-Fu I have ever seen.

The backgroung snippet was from Kungfumagazine Online.

Here's some intresting stuff a Tai Chi guy beats a Kickboxer in a MMA fight:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.ca/HTML/Rumble5/09JeremiahJason.htm

Posted On:
    7/22/2002 9:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    now that is interesting Iron Arahat (checks).....
    KungFuDoesWork: maybe you're correct, maybe that man was terrible at kungfu, I just thought he was a master, and a good example of being one too. I suppose there are alot of good KungFU fighters out there too, I just haven't seen them fight much yet (for whatever reason), so it's difficult to form an example.

I agree with your statement that Jason Delucia isn't a good exampole of kungfu, simply because he isn't kungfu. He trained in bjj and differnt art as far as I know in those early UFCs, and now fights in Pancrase, using Pncrase/maa i would have thought.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    7/22/2002 9:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    were does it say that the tai chi fighter won? Also it seems as though that (tai chi) guy is using wrestling, but it's difficult to tell.....

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 22 2002 21:46:00

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 22 2002 21:47:19
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2002 11:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy is from Northern Lights Tai Chi in Northern B.C.. He did win the fight, I tried to find the results on Mike Miles site, but they only posted partial results.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    7/23/2002 2:09am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The pictures make it look like he won, but don't exactly make it look like he's using the most traditional Tai Chi. Hard to tell if it's a good mark on him/his club for adapting his art to a kickboxer or a poor mark on the kickboxer for sucking ass.

Oh, and KungFuDoesWork:

Someone get the leaf-blower, and...

Master Fu Xingpeng, about to demonstrate how to block with your face.

Don't lecture me on forms, I got enough of that good stuff during 12 years in 3 styles(2 Korean, 1 Japanese).

On the other hand, no disrespect to good internal CMA. If an old geezer Tai Chi master can make for Mas Oyama's only defeat, then more power to the art.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - Mercurius on July 23 2002 02:13:25
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Posted On:
    7/23/2002 2:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr Oct,

Like I said the majority of what is called Krav Maga depicted today is CRAP. I stopped buying most MA mags long ago, I stick to a strict few and BLACK BELT, Inside Kung Fu, etc are NOT on my list.

I seriously DOUBT you were given a chance to teach LEGIT Krav Maga in your gym. I would rate this guy up with POSER class.

What Krav Maga is about it taking your attacker down FAST. It is not pretty it is for brutal effects. For instance standard Krav Maga for handling a person with a gun, SHOOT HIM. If you are not armed get someone else to shoot him. For dealing with a man with a knife, SHOOT HIM. If you are not armed then beat him with a bat. Sounds funny but you get the picture. It not about trading blows, learning complicated sequences it is about putting the guy away as fast as possible and moving on. If they are not teaching that then I don't think they know KM.

As far as what is happening in the Middle East....I know more about what happening there than I care to get into.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    7/23/2002 2:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KFDW,

You share my same thougts. I don't knock many styles, I try to stay optimistic and find the good in any art but some are JUST CRAP!!! But what I see most for the MMA Poser group is them spouting off what others have said with now real insight, hell many of them have never had any fight experience, THAT IS FUNNY!!! I have found that many REAL MMA guys are open minded and can have an intellectual debate on the subject. But you generally don't find those guys on the internet.

______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast