228236 Bullies, 4277 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/19/2002 9:06pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uploaded a new video today for your viewing pleasure. MMA fighter takes on Kung Fu stylist, and someone catches it on film.

Check it out here .

Also added two links to the McDojo's section, so remember to rate them, 1 (least) to 10 (most McDojo).

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    7/19/2002 11:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA guy kicked his kung fu ass. Looks like he used MT/BJJ, anyone who knows BJJ better want to comment?

Kung Fu guy deserved to get his ass kicked. Started off by attacking an opponent whom he likely knew nothing about in a weak, exposive, unbalanced stance, and then acted like he was surprised when he got knocked on his ass and held there.

Learned the same lesson the Kung Fu guy did when I started highschool wrestling: Stand-up knowledge means **** on the ground, and stand-up styles that don't take steps like adopting strong stances and shot counters are that much worse off against grapplers.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2002 11:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious to where that video came from.

I also find it intresting that the "kung-fu" guy was wearing wrestling boots, and his choice of clothes.

The "kung-fu" guy looked like he was walking to hug a friend not fight.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/19/2002 11:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought so too Arahat, but then I saw that keylock, it was CRANKED, you can't fake that, either the Kung Fu guy was really, really, flexible or his shoulder was torn apart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2002 1:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you watch the "kungfu" guy, he does appear to be really flexible,and also appears very skinny (usually more flexible).

Some other notes, he does present the starting of defense to prevent the MMA guy from moving from side to full mount.

I would have liked to have seen a few minutes after the lock, see what happened. It ended too suddenly.

I smell FISH. Would like to know the source of the video as well. "Kungfu" guy could have serious psychological problems, we had a "ninja" come to our school once and claimed that he was a"lethal weapon". Guy had serious problems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2002 3:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's legit, the guy had an open challenge, 5 grand to anyone that beat him.John Marsh a bluebelt under Royce Gracie made him regret it.Ask on Kung Fu forums, theyll tell you the poor 155 pound sifus name.In fact a teacher in the same area tore up the kung fu guy on the net and there was talk of those two fighting... of course the other Kung Fu guy didnt ask to face Marsh who weighs 230# and benches about 450#, (not uncommon for us "sport based fighters").Incidently, like many BJJers(including me) Marsh had trained boxing, even competed as an amatuer, the kung fool was just lucky that John is a nice guy and didnt smash his face in.
    But props to Kung Fooey for stepping up, most guys prefer to just mouth off on the net.I wish some of these newfangled "close quarter combat",Krav Maga,or combat coalition jackasses would step up like that fool did.
    "Real streetfighting" my ass, a pro fighter would get them soiling their fatigues in 2 seconds.

I hate my brother.

Posted On:
    7/20/2002 11:08am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info Doc Oc. I've been dying to know the particulars of that video since I found it.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/20/2002 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >But props to Kung Fooey for stepping up, most guys prefer to just mouth off on the net.I wish some of these newfangled "close quarter combat",Krav Maga,or combat coalition jackasses would step up like that fool did.

Although I share your veiw of the sad amount of poor Modern MA popping (the latest fad!) I won't talk bad about a REAL Krav Maga guy. I have SEEN Israelis tear pple a new arsehole. The guys can FIGHT. What you see a lot is alot of IMITATION Krav Maga. Don't get me on Systema and other stuff!!!! I doubt you will ever find a REAL Krav Maga combat vet in a UFC. For the simple truth is they train to KILL and by any means. I know 3 soldiers at my last base that I wouldn't wish on anyone. There is a guy here that trained with the israelis for "bodyguarding" he was PSD (Personal Security Detachment) for some high brass before he got stationed here and now he is own PS firm. I we were talking about at the new "Street effective" arts that are in vogue, JLO's movie "Enough" sparked this conversation. He shares my veiw of pple lumping together crap and calling a "Street" MA but forgetting to test it!

This clip is hilarious. The Kung Fu guy DOESN'T Know how to fight. I could see that in his approach. The other guy, Marsh, seems alright but this was too easy a match to judge his skill. So many pple get , for lack or a better word, "jealous" of the MMA events that they mouth of while forgeting one thing, "they don't know how to play to game." It gives the REAL TMA fighters a bad name.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2002 1:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guy puts up $5000 as an open challenge, obviously has some serious mental issues considering he has no clue how to fight other than his "Enter the Dragon" training video.

Not may 155lbs could take on a 230lbs evens as a if both were bjj. That much size is a huge factor. But the moron in the video at 230lbs wouldstill have walked in hands down and got beaten bad.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/20/2002 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never went over $100 for a challenge!!!

Size DOES matter. It is a common myth in MA that David ALWAYS beats Goliath! I find it sad that many pple cling to this. MA training is good but it DOESN'T level the playing feild. Yes the little guy can win sometimes but that is the expection NOT the RULE.

And while I am on a rant. MAXIM Mag ran a section on confronting ARMED attackers emptyhanded using Krav Maga. Now I won't totally bash them because a few things were feasible but it was overshadowed by the BIG BS on the pages. One scenario instructs the reader to GRAB THE BARREL OF THE TERRORIST SUBMACHINE GUN!!!!!! I had to keep rereading it because I couldn't believe it. ANYONE familar with firearms can see how this is a bad idea. I was praying that now one took this to heart. Although the suggestions they had for personal emergency kits was pretty sound they should've really cross research the Krav Maga section.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast