Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 12:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fallen Tranny Wig

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoMA10 View Post
    why do WC and other TMA always try to prove that they can compete with MMA or combat sport guys. This is coming from a TMA guy, you cant, the average boxer will
    beat most WC guys in a fight,just based off training methodologies. The only TMA's that can compete with combat sports are KK and its off shoots and Sanda(San Shou) guys.

look if you go into a decent TMA dojo you should have a decent or large advantage vs the average guy on the street and for 99% of the time that all you need. Enjoy your art for what is decent art that should increase your odds in physical conflict. I do Kaju and I know I can not beat a good MT practitioner in a fight,but I dont plan on professional fighting so it doesnt matter. I dont feel the need to try and prove my art is something its not. WC can not compete with boxing,just like a 9mm can not compete with an AR-15,buth weapons are useful to somebody
    so it doesnt matter
    If there are far more effective ways of defending yourself that can be learnt in a demonstrably shorter time period who choose the less effective method?

If it was money related maybe, but its not.

You can paint a house with a portrait brush and say "hey its just my thing" but I will be using a roller or even an airless spray gun.

Both are demonstrably faster with testable, repeatable and falsifiable better results.

The part about the MMA gyms I have been in that I really enjoy is that bullies tend to turn up, have the **** kicked out of them then leave all within two weeks.

With a lot of the other "arts" the bullies tend to stay and rebel in it.

Just my experience, your mileage may vary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2013 12:42pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spoogevac View Post
    If there are far more effective ways of defending yourself that can be learnt in a demonstrably shorter time period who choose the less effective method?

If it was money related maybe, but its not.

You can paint a house with a portrait brush and say "hey its just my thing" but I will be using a roller or even an airless spray gun.

Both are demonstrably faster with testable, repeatable and falsifiable better results.

The part about the MMA gyms I have been in that I really enjoy is that bullies tend to turn up, have the **** kicked out of them then leave all within two weeks.

With a lot of the other "arts" the bullies tend to stay and rebel in it.

Just my experience, your mileage may vary.

Posted On:
    7/21/2014 11:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fallen Tranny Wig

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

back from the dead

I hate to bring this back from the dead but I saw this.

How is it people can say WC guys don't practice conditioning when you see the brutal conditioning this elite master puts on display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtyRs17ZCg
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456