Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so if Ku Yu Cheung post his video breaking 12 bricks with iron palm, you would say the same for him ?

You would say to him ''Bricks dont hit back'' ? :)

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by markoxxc View Post
    so if Ku Yu Cheung post his video breaking 12 bricks with iron palm, you would say the same for him ?

You would say to him ''Bricks dont hit back'' ? :)
    Yes I would, mainly because the breaking of bricks and boards means NOTHING when discussing real application. Also please include the snorkel and facemask in your next candle video oh and please center the candle in the video. Mainly because I too know this trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you think that, you dont know nothing about martial arts...

ignorant people always compare breaking with a real fight

i dont belive martial art are made for a real fight, but for mastering yourself

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!

i don't believe martial art are made for a real fight, but for mastering yourself
    Wait, so if martial arts aren't for fighting, why would you care when we said the same thing about what you're doing?

Also, around here, martial arts are for a real fight. All other attributes, including lofty philosophical ones, stem from this basic understanding.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 4:44pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of people on this board will no doubt disagree with me, but I see utility in the art aspect of martial arts. If you are practicing martial arts for a reason other than to become better at fighting, I see nothing wrong with that, so long as you can acknowledge that fact, and that whoever is teaching you (or whoever you are teaching) is not trying to pass it off as something that it is not.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 4:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inner peace comes from truly knowing not just having faith that you could wipe the floor with most people. You cannot hope to master yourself if you can't handle someone outside of yourself.

People always say you (yourself) are your toughest challenge. You don't start out trying to play foot tag with the black belts in class do you? No you train with people who are closer to your skill level. Why would conquering self be any different ? Start outside and work in.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 5:39pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i dont belive martial art are made for a real fight, but for mastering yourself
    And I agree. There are perfectly valid reasons for someone train a martial art that isn't a realistic approach to combat.

But, as I explained above, breaking things and putting out candles still isn't martial art, no matter what you think martial arts are for.
    Last edited by OwlMatt; 5/29/2013 5:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 5:48pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    A lot of people on this board will no doubt disagree with me, but I see utility in the art aspect of martial arts. If you are practicing martial arts for a reason other than to become better at fighting, I see nothing wrong with that, so long as you can acknowledge that fact, and that whoever is teaching you (or whoever you are teaching) is not trying to pass it off as something that it is not.
    I totally agree with all of this (which is why I still train aikido). But you'd still be hard pressed to explain what putting out a candle by pushing air at it has to do with taekwondo.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 7:14pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I totally agree with all of this (which is why I still train aikido). But you'd still be hard pressed to explain what putting out a candle by pushing air at it has to do with taekwondo.
    Dishonesty, Disinformation and Delusions are never a good thing in any M.A. It requires no explanation, if you want to show case your skill and talents do so in a format that compliments your art.

Dale Dugas teaches Iron Palm. This is what I consider an excellent video demonstrating his skill set. This is what he teaches and what Iron Palm is all about, breaking **** and hitting hard with a conditioned hand.

The only possible way for him to be cheating is precracking the coconuts with a hammer and then flat out lieing about it. Which may be but I seriously doubt it... mainly because he has offered to perform the "tricks" for me in person and let me control the variables.

As a TKD practitioner markoxxc should be showcasing his forms ( poomsae ), Olympic or/and Free Form/style sparring, and the 1,2,3 step(s) or two person drills. All the OP (markoxxc) has shown to me is that he is more interested in parlor tricks and distractions rather than actual TKD training or competition.

but that is my opinion.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 7:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    You've been her this long and still think this way? The large majority of posters subscribe to the belief enjoy what you do, just don't lie about it. In simpler terms, do everything you want for health, meditation, longevity or whatever just don't tell us putting out a candle makes you Mas Oyama.

Yes, I'm repeating what you said because it is funny. I can even get you posts from the defunct BJJihad that echo that sentiment.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast