• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 2:20am

Style: banging katje

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main martial art is T'ai Chi Praying Mantis, which i try to train at least 2 or 3 times per week. In a good week, if I hit up every class, this is what my schedule will look like;

Monday mornings 1.5 hours: quick jog, stretching, forms
    Tuesday mornings 1.5 hours: quick jog, stretching, kicking and punching (including elbows and knees)
    Tuesday evenings 2 hours: 30 min run, stretching, kicking, punching, tai mantis forms
    Wed mornings 1.5 hours: stretching, then we focus on combat: 12 principles of mantis fighting, as well as other strategies, tactics and techniques
    Wed evenings 2 hours: 30 min run, stretching, more tai mantis fighting principles, t'ai chi push hands, kung fu sticky hands/sticky feet
    Thurs mornings 1.5 hours: warm up, stretching, chin-na (joint lock) techniques
    Fri mornings 1.5 hours: freestyle application of techniques learned throughout the week: Dancing Hands, Freestyle Kung Fu, Tai Shan Mantis, Touching Hands, Serving Tea, defenses against knife attacks, etc.

Ninjutsu: 2 hours per class, on either Sunday or Thursday. I can attend both if I wanted, but usually i only attend one class. Classes are intense, we practice certain offensive or defensive moves over and over again. We also practice two-partner forms, weapon sets, and rolling.

Krav Maga: I can attend as many as 3 classes per week, but they're pretty intense so I usually only go once a week. Classes are 1.5 hours, and like ninjutsu are constant drilling over and over again of certain combinations, either offensive or defensive depending on the whims of the teacher. We do combinations like a hard front kick to the nuts followed by a left palm strike to the nose and a right cross to the face. More advanced classes will included disarming attackers who have guns and knives, and high kicks to the head. Usually these classes leave me the most sore.. after a good krav maga class sometimes i'm feeling it for 2 or even 3 days later.

Taekwondo: I've been doing this on and off for almost 15 years, so these days I only go once every week or even two weeks. I used to go to a specialized taekwondo club taught by a korean grandmaster, but these days I just go to my local Y where the training is a bit less militaristic, and a little less intense. With all my different interests (I also lift weights 2 or 3 times per week) I like each of my classes to be as "easygoing" as possible.

Jujitsu: like my taekwondo classes, i only go once every week or two if i have time, and it's also at my local Y. The Mantis system is a pretty good all-round system, and my ninjutsu classes also cover a lot of joint locks and grappling so these classes are a great supplement.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 3:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Killer View Post
    and my ninjutsu classes also cover a lot of joint locks and grappling so these classes are a great supplement.
    oh good lord....I think you just answered your own question as to why Ninjutsu gets bashed on here...its full of delusion larpers.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:05am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main martial art is T'ai Chi Praying Mantis, which i try to train at least 2 or 3 times per week. In a good week, if I hit up every class, this is what my schedule will look like;

Tuesday mornings 1.5 hours: quick jog, stretching, kicking and punching (including elbows and knees)
    Tuesday evenings 2 hours: 30 min run, stretching, kicking, punching, tai mantis forms
    Wed mornings 1.5 hours: stretching, then we focus on combat: 12 principles of mantis fighting, as well as other strategies, tactics and techniques
    Wed evenings 2 hours: 30 min run, stretching, more tai mantis fighting principles, t'ai chi push hands, kung fu sticky hands/sticky feet
    Thurs mornings 1.5 hours: warm up, stretching, chin-na (joint lock) techniques
    Fri mornings 1.5 hours: freestyle application of techniques learned throughout the week: Dancing Hands, Freestyle Kung Fu, Tai Shan Mantis, Touching Hands, Serving Tea, defenses against knife attacks, etc.

Ninjutsu: 2 hours per class, on either Sunday or Thursday. I can attend both if I wanted, but usually i only attend one class. Classes are intense, we practice certain offensive or defensive moves over and over again. We also practice two-partner forms, weapon sets, and rolling.

Krav Maga: I can attend as many as 3 classes per week, but they're pretty intense so I usually only go once a week. Classes are 1.5 hours, and like ninjutsu are constant drilling over and over again of certain combinations, either offensive or defensive depending on the whims of the teacher. We do combinations like a hard front kick to the nuts followed by a left palm strike to the nose and a right cross to the face. More advanced classes will included disarming attackers who have guns and knives, and high kicks to the head. Usually these classes leave me the most sore.. after a good krav maga class sometimes i'm feeling it for 2 or even 3 days later.

Taekwondo: I've been doing this on and off for almost 15 years, so these days I only go once every week or even two weeks. I used to go to a specialized taekwondo club taught by a korean grandmaster, but these days I just go to my local Y where the training is a bit less militaristic, and a little less intense. With all my different interests (I also lift weights 2 or 3 times per week) I like each of my classes to be as "easygoing" as possible.

Jujitsu: like my taekwondo classes, i only go once every week or two if i have time, and it's also at my local Y. The Mantis system is a pretty good all-round system, and my ninjutsu classes also cover a lot of joint locks and grappling so these classes are a great supplement.
    You don't get sex a lot, do you?

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 8:49pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    You don't get sex a lot, do you?
    only when your mother drops by

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    oh good lord....I think you just answered your own question as to why Ninjutsu gets bashed on here...its full of delusion larpers.
    "larpers"? sorry there keyboard warrior, i don't speak internet nerd language.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 9:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's some hardcore stuff, man. Are you prepping to join the military or fight professionally? Unless I had something important to motivate me, I don't think I'd be able to push myself passed twenty minutes of training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 9:29pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    only when your mother drops by.
    You couldn't handle Auslander's mom.

"larpers"? sorry there keyboard warrior, i don't speak internet nerd language.
    Bullshit. You've been lurking and trolling here for years by your own admission.

Posted On:
    6/29/2013 2:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    You couldn't handle Auslander's mom.

Bullshit. You've been lurking and trolling here for years by your own admission.
    By my own admission? LOL what the **** are you talking about leave me out of your world of delusional paranoia. I'm not like you guys I have better things to do than post 32,000 comments on a martial arts internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    That's some hardcore stuff, man. Are you prepping to join the military or fight professionally? Unless I had something important to motivate me, I don't think I'd be able to push myself passed twenty minutes of training.
    all you have to do is stop getting fucked in the ass so much, that'll solve a lot of your problems.

Posted On:
    6/29/2013 3:40am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not like you guys I have better things to do than post 32,000 comments on a martial arts internet forum.
    Says the man with 66 post over the course of a few days.

Posted On:
    6/29/2013 3:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Says the man with 66 post over the course of a few days.
    i can see why your favorite style is BJ

Posted On:
    6/29/2013 3:58am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i can see why your favorite style is BJ
    Oh you're so clever! How can I ever stand up against a person who posses so much whit!?

I mean totally dropping the other J and making it into BJ gosh I am sure I have never heard that ONE before. I mean it is so original it really shows us all how creative and smart you are. How dare I even consider trifling with such a mental giant as yourself.

I mean I barely even got that joke with it being so complex and clever it was about to wifff right over my head but then I was like HEEEY this guy wants to go back to dick sucking.

You must really enjoy dick sucking you sure like to talk about it a lot.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast