Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 11:49am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    get into a car and drive through...like they did
    I don't know what the odds of any person or groups of persons on foot in London having immediate access to a nearby vehicle were. In many metro areas the bulk of people on foot take public transportation.

Even here in the US where it seems like EVERYONE drives....stop and think about just how easy getting to your car and running someone like this over would be. Unless you were actually driving by or just getting into or out of your vehicle when this happened I don't know how likely the run em over approach would be successful.

Granted the 20 minute response time may have made a vehicular assault more timely, but the victim would still be dead already.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    I don't know what the odds of any person or groups of persons on foot in London having immediate access to a nearby vehicle were. In many metro areas the bulk of people on foot take public transportation.

Even here in the US where it seems like EVERYONE drives....stop and think about just how easy getting to your car and running someone like this over would be. Unless you were actually driving by or just getting into or out of your vehicle when this happened I don't know how likely the run em over approach would be successful.

Granted the 20 minute response time may have made a vehicular assault more timely, but the victim would still be dead already.
    Yeas its not like they were just going to stand there while someone drove at them.

The police were on site inside 10 minutes I believe, armed police in 17 min iirc.

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 4:39pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Notice that when they charged the Armed Police, they were only shot in the legs. Yet both murderers were armed with a hand gun, sabatiers (butchers long blade) and cleaver.

In other words, the Armed Police elected to try to bring them down without shooting them in the Chest/Torso. A significant Risk yet it worked.

They can hopefully reflect on how lucky they were to be spared during the likely 30 year sentence which must surely follow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 7:39pm

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They (the British) have been charging their people for fucking burglars . My google-fee is weak or I find and post the links on this. Full of ****? Tell me what you can legally carry for self defense in England ? THE ONLY THING i can think is a motorist hitting the perps with his car.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 9:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    They (the British) have been charging their people for fucking burglars .
    Who said they didn't? No one. You tried to be funny and your lack of knowledge made people say you were full of ****.

My google-fee is weak or I find and post the links on this.
    No, your critical thinking skills are weak. Here's my google fu to support my point.
    From America:
    http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...WS02/130429886
    MINNEAPOLIS � A central Minnesota man accused of killing two unarmed teenagers, shooting them multiple times as they tried to break into his home, has been indicted on first-degree murder charges, prosecutors announced Thursday.

According to a criminal complaint, Smith, a retired U.S. State Department employee, told authorities he feared the teens had a weapon when they entered his home on Thanksgiving Day and acknowledged firing "more shots than I needed to."
    http://www.southjersey.com/articles/?articleID=10913
    A south New Jersey homeowner is facing first-degree murder charges -- he's accused of fatally shooting a man who he says was trying to break into his backyard shed.
    http://www.fox16.com/mostpopular/sto...tOL_qQQJg.cspx
    Police say that McAfee tried to break into the home at 210 Holly Street. Young, who was inside, fired several shots at McAfee, then followed him outside and shot him several more times, according to police.
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...glary-bathroom
    Awakened by his 75-year-old wife, Wright confronted a 19-year-old burglar who had broken through some plywood over a bathroom window in hopes of stealing liquor, according to police. Wright grabbed his 38.caliber pistol, loaded with four rounds, and shot the intruder in the leg.

The suspect was arrested -- but so was Wright. Because of prior weapons convictions, Wright was charged with unlawful use of a weapon, sparking calls by his family and neighbors for prosecutors to back down.
    Here's a fun one:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2UvVb5R6X
    A military veteran in Oregon had his rifle confiscated after police decided he had no good reason to fire a warning shot at a burglar who was breaking into his home.
    Full of ****?
    Yes, you were wrong about banned guns.

Tell me what you can legally carry for self defense in England ?
    Learn how to google.

THE ONLY THING i can think is a motorist hitting the perps with his car.
    I already addressed your poor critical thinking skills.

Posted On:
    6/01/2013 3:47am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They (the British) have been charging their people for fucking burglars .
    Iif has addressed that already but not everyone is charged for defending their homes. The UK laws actually lean heavily in favour of the home-owner, it always boils down to reasonable force and proof as it does in most other western countries. Sadly the British press love a good story of injustice within the home and gloss over the ones where someone successfully fights off an invasion, occasionally with deadly force and is charge with nothing.

Full of ****? Tell me what you can legally carry for self defense in England ? THE ONLY THING i can think is a motorist hitting the perps with his car.
    Granted, you can't carry anything for defence in the UK but again you can defend yourself in the streets with makeshift weapons and walk away Scott free providing that you can prove that you defended yourself and you used reasonable force as, again, you have to do in other countries across the world.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

Posted On:
    6/01/2013 6:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They (the British) have been charging their people for fucking burglars . My google-fee is weak or I find and post the links on this. Full of ****? Tell me what you can legally carry for self defense in England ? THE ONLY THING i can think is a motorist hitting the perps with his car.
    Wrong and irrelevant to this case.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/01/2013 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you saying that because British society is so litigious and criminals sue their attackers, random people should've ran them down with their cars?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2013 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Are you saying that because British society is so litigious and criminals sue their attackers, random people should've ran them down with their cars?
    That and we **** burglars.
    Last edited by Resonance10; 6/01/2013 9:08am at .

Posted On:
    6/01/2013 11:49am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Notice that when they charged the Armed Police, they were only shot in the legs. Yet both murderers were armed with a hand gun, sabatiers (butchers long blade) and cleaver.

In other words, the Armed Police elected to try to bring them down without shooting them in the Chest/Torso. A significant Risk yet it worked.

They can hopefully reflect on how lucky they were to be spared during the likely 30 year sentence which must surely follow.
    Ehhh...my money is on them yanking the **** out of their triggers and shooting low vs any intentional "shoot to wound".

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Yeas its not like they were just going to stand there while someone drove at them.

The police were on site inside 10 minutes I believe, armed police in 17 min iirc.
    Frankly....in a situation like this unarmed police are as good as no police.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast