Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the link for the official announcement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...lwich-incident

Now, I can tell you this much, these guys didn't have the balls to confront him face to face. They hit him with a car first to incapacitate him and then killed him. It angers me more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:01pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train every week, in alive sparring, empty handed versus knife. Because of that, I know that there wasn't **** that one, two, or even three people could have done. I also know, based on my experience that I wouldn't have been able to do anything other than die, unless I had a weapon. And with a weapon, my chances go up, but only depending on what kind of weapon I had. I have spent a long time thinking about this since I saw it on the news yesterday. The only option I can think of would be to leave the scene, try to find a weapon that gave me an advantage, and then return to do something. Empty hand against those knives is a very bad idea, especially if you have no experience against it.

I feel for the man that they butchered. That's a bad way to go. I hope they get what's coming to them.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:15pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm somewhat numb and angry to my core with this.

I thought I'd seen pretty much everything. Obviously not.

I have **** all else to say at the moment.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys complaining about people just standing around

1) Even if they tore the two attackers apart, it wouldn't bring that kid back to life
    2) People did engage them and try to talk them into putting their knives down. At least one of these people said that they didn't feel threatened by the guys who had commited the murder
    3) If those guys were killed they would become martyrs. Martyrdom would encourage further attacks.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I do not know. That's why I am not condemning them. I just do not like the whole filming aspect. Still, like I said earlier, we are a product of our times. People have always stood by, we just have cameras to watch them doing it.
    Fake and I at least agree on this point.

This voyeuristic culture we've created for ourselves is not only a tool terrorists seem to know how to use, its downright inhumane at times.

Recently near me, several people have been pushed by crazy people onto train tracks in front of onlookers in New York City. And instead of anyone trying to help them out of the path of the oncoming train, every stands and watches, and worse: someone sits and photographs/films it.

I would just like to believe that had I been there, I would have lent an arm...a hand...some gesture of mercy.

On Dec. 3, 58-year-old Ki-Suck Han was shoved in front of a train in Times Square. A photograph of him on the tracks a split second before he was killed was published on the front of the New York Post the next day, causing an uproar and debate over whether the photographer, who had been waiting for a train, should have tried to help him and whether the newspaper should have run the image. Apparently no one else tried to help up Han, either.
    Disturbing to think that there was plenty of time to help the man up, but instead of anyone reacting to save a life, the most effort anyone put into it was to get a picture or video on their phone.

The Post photo in Tuesday's edition showed Ki-Suck Han with his head turned toward the train, his arms reaching up but unable to climb off the tracks in time.

The photographer, R. Umar Abbasi, told NBC's "Today" show Wednesday that he was trying to alert the motorman to what was going on by flashing his camera.

He said he was shocked that people nearer to the victim didn't try to help in the 22 seconds before the train struck.

"It took me a second to figure out what was happening ... I saw the lights in the distance. My mind was to alert the train," Abbasi said.
    "The people who were standing close to him ... they could have moved and grabbed him and pulled him up. No one made an effort," he added.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/23/2013 2:03pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I train every week, in alive sparring, empty handed versus knife. Because of that, I know that there wasn't **** that one, two, or even three people could have done. I also know, based on my experience that I wouldn't have been able to do anything other than die, unless I had a weapon. And with a weapon, my chances go up, but only depending on what kind of weapon I had. I have spent a long time thinking about this since I saw it on the news yesterday. The only option I can think of would be to leave the scene, try to find a weapon that gave me an advantage, and then return to do something. Empty hand against those knives is a very bad idea, especially if you have no experience against it.

I feel for the man that they butchered. That's a bad way to go. I hope they get what's coming to them.
    Also worth remembering that they had a revolver as well

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI there is a thread on the social and polical consiquences of this attack over at sociocide, if y'all would like to keep this for condolences

http://www.sociocide.com/forums/show...71#post1742671

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:11pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm unable to discuss this without saying extremely hateful things about extremists.

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:40pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been thinking about this since this morning. There is no way I would voluntarily take on two guys with knives bare handed.

If a bystander had a car, and they were stupid enough to stand in the road, one could run them over like they did to that poor soldier. But since it took me more then 20 minutes to think that up, I wouldn't have been able to come up with that idea in real time.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 4:21pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I saw a bloody ranting guy with knives in this day and age, I'm not sure I could rule out viral marketing or Internet stunt.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast