223529 Bullies, 4088 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 112
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Resonance10 is offline
    Resonance10's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SarfLondon UK
    Posts
    694

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 10:40am

    supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

    I'm pretty sure I held my breathe for most of that scene when I first saw it..
    I couldn't believe such goodness existed!
  2. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,032

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 11:47am

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I held my breathe for most of that scene when I first saw it..
    I couldn't believe such goodness existed!
    Hawaiian shaka to jut juerng...sneaky Fei Hung!
  3. Jack Napier is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 1:59pm


     Style: Working on it

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galope View Post
    Oh, one more question for the OP.

    Is your friend named John Hess?
    Im assuming this is some inside joke im too young to get or someone on here who is/was infamous and I simply dont know who they are. No he is not.
  4. Jack Napier is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 2:26pm


     Style: Working on it

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    He can join if he if he has the desire. If your description of him is accurate, he'll probably provoke a substantial amount of discussion.

    Again, based on your description, he doesn't sound particularly deluded if he favors semi to full contact sparring. There's nothing wrong with being emotionally invested in one type of martial arts over the other, provided one understands that you can't learn to fight without sparring in a non-controlled manner. The belief in chi as a mystical force is the only thing most of us would find objectionable.

    Although, if he constantly proclaims Kung Fu is superior to modern arts, the MMA fanboys will jump all over that. Then again, MMA fanboys don't understand that modern arts can easily fall under the heading of Kung Fu as well.*

    After several years here, I have come to understand that it doesn't matter what martial art in which you train. What matters is the method in which you train.

    *See Omega's definition of Kung Fu for an explanation.
    Thank you. I will be running it by him to join. He has no excuse not to seeing as he has access to a MacBook at the moment. Although I admit to going a bit overboard with everything ive said, this started as a discussion about how he hold's kung-fu on a pedestal and has evolved into something of as assessment of his character due to what ive spilled out. *sigh* everyones hindsight is 20/20.
    Hes not stupid, boorish, or unreasonable, he just has a REAL quick temper and his 1st reaction to when someone REALLY pisses him off is to fight/hurt them. He got nothing to prove, not a damn thing, but he just loves to fight and feels disrespect should be punished with pain. Hes a ball of rage who, as was suggested in an earlier post, perhaps needs therapy.....and fighting has always BEEN his therapy and he loves kung fu because many of the styles are linked to spiritualism and can give one peace of mind if studied.
  5. Jack Napier is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 2:37pm


     Style: Working on it

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galope View Post
    It sounds like he needs a psychiatrist, not a kung fu fight. A couple of questions.
    Yes, yes he does, I agree.

    Is he short?

    Was he bullied at school?

    Did suffer from some type of emotional trauma?

    What exactly does he want to prove?
    Nothing really, as ive kind of answered in my above posts, he just loves to fight and will go up against anyone for fun or to vent some rage.

    Honestly, if he actually feels this way and this isn't some trolljob like JNP said, then just have him sign up at a good king fu school and and let him prove his abilities in a competition. Talk is cheap and it sounds like your friend is worth 5 cents.
    No, 5,9-5,10. He is on the thinner side thought. There is a guy I work with who is perhaps 5 feet even on his better days and thinks he can take on the biggest guy's in the place but thats another tale :)


    No, nor did he DO any bullying, he just got into a lot of fights because he loves to do so, but more so because people tend to shoot there mouths off and when push came to shove they usually couldn't back it up. Keep in mind this was junior high and high school, ego's are out of control. He mostly tried to keep to himself.

    No. he's just always been very EMOTIONAL and acts more on that then on logic and reason.

    Nothing really to prove, as ive kind of answered in my above posts, he just loves to fight and will go up against anyone for fun or to vent some rage.
  6. theAsthmatic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    194

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 4:54pm


     Style: sambo

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He sounds deadly. I am a little scared just knowing that a legitimate bad-ass like that is out there.
  7. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 5:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    He got nothing to prove, not a damn thing, but he just loves to fight and feels disrespect should be punished with pain.
    Sounds like he'll either end up shot in the face or living in the penitentiary.
  8. Galope is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    63

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 7:48pm


     Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    No, 5,9-5,10. He is on the thinner side thought. There is a guy I work with who is perhaps 5 feet even on his better days and thinks he can take on the biggest guy's in the place but thats another tale :)


    No, nor did he DO any bullying, he just got into a lot of fights because he loves to do so, but more so because people tend to shoot there mouths off and when push came to shove they usually couldn't back it up. Keep in mind this was junior high and high school, ego's are out of control. He mostly tried to keep to himself.

    No. he's just always been very EMOTIONAL and acts more on that then on logic and reason.

    Nothing really to prove, as ive kind of answered in my above posts, he just loves to fight and will go up against anyone for fun or to vent some rage.
    I am going to tell you what my grandfather told me.

    "There is always someone bigger and badder."

    Your friend thinks he is Mr. Baddass , but one day he will actually meet Mr. Badass. He will either be beaten to death or end up on youtube for the world to laugh that. He needs to chill with the suburban street fighting.
  9. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 9:46pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    Hes not stupid, boorish, or unreasonable,
    he is, by your description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    he just has a REAL quick temper and his 1st reaction to when someone REALLY pisses him off is to fight/hurt them.
    That is unreasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    He got nothing to prove, not a damn thing,
    From your description, he has a giant chip on his shoulder. What makes you say he has nothing to prove, if he's trying to fight people a bunch? How old are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    but he just loves to fight and feels disrespect should be punished with pain.
    Again, unreasonable, and sorta stupid and dangerous in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    and he loves kung fu because many of the styles are linked to spiritualism and can give one peace of mind if studied.
    The irony is overwhelming.

    Here's my take, from this limited information.

    Either he doesn't exist as described, or he's bullshitting you. Underground club lol. He can't remember the name of it? Are you serious? Do you know how absurd that sounds to people who spend any time in gyms?

    It's past retarded. So he's full of ****, or you are putting words in his possibly imaginary mouth.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 5/31/2013 9:50pm at .
  10. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,225

    Posted On:
    5/31/2013 10:46pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Napier View Post
    No, 5,9-5,10. He is on the thinner side thought. There is a guy I work with who is perhaps 5 feet even on his better days and thinks he can take on the biggest guy's in the place but thats another tale :)


    No, nor did he DO any bullying, he just got into a lot of fights because he loves to do so, but more so because people tend to shoot there mouths off and when push came to shove they usually couldn't back it up. Keep in mind this was junior high and high school, ego's are out of control. He mostly tried to keep to himself.

    No. he's just always been very EMOTIONAL and acts more on that then on logic and reason.

    Nothing really to prove, as ive kind of answered in my above posts, he just loves to fight and will go up against anyone for fun or to vent some rage.
    The biggest favor you could do your "cousin" is to stop creating an amateur psychological profile on the guy. You have essentially poisoned the well. Most members here probably have a preconceived notion of him at this point based on your posts. If he does join, I would suggest he avoid letting anyone know he is your cousin because quite frankly, you're not doing him any favors.

    All you have done is fueled a bunch of speculation about him. Bobby's post below is a prime example. The guy already has a ton of negative bias directed toward him, and he's never even posted.


    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    he is, by your description.
    That is unreasonable.

    From your description, he has a giant chip on his shoulder. What makes you say he has nothing to prove, if he's trying to fight people a bunch? How old are you?
    Again, unreasonable, and sorta stupid and dangerous in the long run.
    The irony is overwhelming.

    Here's my take, from this limited information.

    Either he doesn't exist as described, or he's bullshitting you. Underground club lol. He can't remember the name of it? Are you serious? Do you know how absurd that sounds to people who spend any time in gyms?

    It's past retarded. So he's full of ****, or you are putting words in his possibly imaginary mouth.
    To be fair to Bobby, he acknowledges this might be a troll job.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.