Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Doesn't hedgehogey have video here of him repeatedly using it in the street?
    First search hit for "Bullshido" on YT, as a matter of fact.

Of course it's not JUST BJJ. There is a little GnP sprinkled on top.

NSFW Audio

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 10:36am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****. Forgot to use BJJ this morning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 11:37am

Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Omeganism:

In 1998 we had a BJJ brown belt move to town to open up a school. We all used to meet up and train at my kickboxing coaches gym. Great guy, resembled a short T-Rex. He used to bounce at one of the local bars.

One night this guy, who was a Tang Soo Do black belt, starts mouthing off to him. He smiles and tries to wave the guy off but the he keeps trying to push "Kills" buttons (No joke, that was his nickname). So Kill offers to meet the guy in one of the side alleys after the bar closes.

Later that night, after closing, we all meet in the near by alley. The guy is jumping up and down ready to fight and Kill come smiles and starts socializing with the rest of us.

"Hey, we going to do this?"

Kill "Yes, my friend, for you no problem", and he sits down and starts to stretch.

The guy gets agitated and starts to approach Kill while he is on the ground. Kill hold up his hand "Wait wait my friend, be patient, I am warming up".

The guy looks at his friends not believing what was happening. He says a few inaudible things to his friend before Kill gets off the ground and says "Okay my friend, we can do this. I would like you to know I like you though. Normally, I get paid to fight people, but for you, I do for free."

The guy's face goes blank.

"One more thing my friend, we don't stop fighting until I say so", he claps his hands "Okay?"

"**** you"

"That's okay my friend, I have girlfriend"

That's when the police show up. After some quick talk Kill goes over to the guy "Hey my friend, we not get arrested for having fun. I have keys to the boxing gym two blocks down. We fight there."

We disperse and meet at the gym. Of course the other guy never shows up. I wish I can say it ended there but it didn't. Unfortunately that's a story for another time.
    I've been in and around enough fights to know that anyone who's that nonchalant about fighting is someone you don't want to get into a street fight with. Also, I know enough to never fight a dude whose nickname is 'Kill' - that's kinda like the rule to never play pool for money against someone whose nickname involves a city or state.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 3:48pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    Even better. Can we haz story plz?
    Okay fine. Before we start we're going to have to do a bit of clarification first. The story I told was actually the second incident with this guy. Not with me but other fighters in my area.

My kickboxing coach had a very short temper. Used to train with Hackleman and Liddell and decided to move to town and open up a boxing gym. There he had all sorts of guys training including the BJJ brown I was talking about earlier.

For the sake of continuity we will call our villain "dumbass".

Every Friday night we all got together to do some sparring at the gym. In this case I wasn't there but I've heard the account from 3 individual sources. So while my training partner/coach was sparring with one of the other guys in the boxing ring dumbass walks in with his friends and starts watching the session.

So dumbass, who trains at this place http://www.jangskarate.com/index.php/home.html, comes in and starts talking to all his friends on what my coach was doing wrong. The guys rolling on the mat stopped to listen to the guys. One of my other sparring partners, C, got up and walked over to the coach. As the round was ending dumbass and his friends started to leave. C told them what the other guys were saying and my coach immediately sprung out of the ring and chased the guys down and invited them back to the gym.

They all came back in the gym and he asked them what they said. They started to back peddle a little bit and my coach stopped them.

"I'll tell you what.." , he walked over to the cash registered and pulled out some money and counted it. He then jumped into the ring and threw the money down on the floor "...here you go guys, that's $200. If any of you can come in here and even hurt me I will give you this money."

This is where the story gets fuzzy but eventually Dumbass apologized and left the gym.

Now insert the BJJ story. Same dumbass. How do I know? Welllll. A few months after that he stepped into my studio talking about becoming a professional fighter. He completely forgot that I was at the bar the night that he acted like a total ass. Then he proceeded to talk to me about how tough he was.

He then told me how dissatisfied he was with my coach's boxing gym; and proceeded to tell me his part of the story. After listening I simply smiled and told him to hold on. I grabbed the phone and called my coach.

"Hey dude, remember that incident that happened a few months ago?

.....yeah the guy's here and he told me that you backed down from the fight. Did you want me to handle this or did you want to say something?

....Tell him to stay there you'll be right over?

.....Okay peace."

Dumbass's jaw dropped to the ground.

"Yeah, that's my kickboxing coach you're talking about. He said he'd be right over"

"You know him?"

"It's a small town dude, everybody knows everybody."

"I'm sorry, look I just wanted a place to train."

"That's between you and him right now I don't care."

"Look tell him I'm sorry, I'm sorry man, I'm going to have to get going I have another appointment".

(I made up that last part, I can't remember what he said exactly just that he needed to leave and he said sorry.)

*See? Not that epic of a story.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

*See? Not that epic of a story.
    Not epic, but comedic nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 4:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omeganisms are always gold....

And how dare you forget to use Jiu Jitsu when dealing with sleeping transients!

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 4:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beardattack View Post
    Omeganisms are always gold....

And how dare you forget to use Jiu Jitsu when dealing with sleeping transients!
    Oh he used Jiu Jitsu it just wasn't Brazilian

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 4:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega Jitsu......it's a lot of things.....mostly pain

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 5:29pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sumo for the win.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 6:22pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    How is it I have zero BJJ Training other than watching UFC on VHS, but I still know a simple 3 step process to making sure BJJ works in "da street":

Step 1: Do Armbar.

Step 2: Pull hard.

Step 3: Ignore tap.

Again...who other than the most clueless of people thinks judo or BJJ aren't MORE dangerous on asphalt or cement than padded mats?

I think it comes from a misconception that 'rolling around on concrete' hurts. It's this kind of one sided thought thought that makes the difference between a good fighter and a bad fighter.

I can't tell you how many times I've been told; and I quote this from a fat balding wing chun practitioner who considered himself an expert: "What if I just hit you with this chair and choke you out when you're on the ground?" the response was; and without joking or embellishing "I'd break your arm before you could hit me."

I then hit him with a plastic deck chair and slipped behind him and put him in a choke while he was confused and he said something about how that's unfair because he wasn't ready or it being 'unrealistic to happen in a real fight' (what did we just have?)

There is also what I like to call 'what if' syndrome. You take your opponent to the ground 'what if he has a knife' or 'what if there's something on the ground that hurts you' or 'what if he has friends'.

And then of course there's the choreographed fight practitioners that think that every fight will begin with them grabbing your wrist in an awkward manor and then predictably leaning in and out at your whimsy to allow them to do all kinds of fancy neat tricks that will clearly dominate anyone that touches them because of their over 9000 year lineage and fifty years of practice beating up on beanbags and jelly donuts.

On the bright side this kind of ignorance only makes grappling in the street more effective. The kind of blind animosity that people portray when it comes to such things means that when someone who is trained in BJJ or other grappling art uses it for self defense (or offense as the occasion may require) the opponent will remain clueless and - well .. the results are pretty self explanatory.

Edit: I'd also like to see sumo in a street fight.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast