Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I once hugged a guy who was angry at me, on the street!

I'm pretty sure that counts.
    I have a feeling that sadly this is probably the most effective street technique EVER.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I once hugged a guy who was angry at me, on the street!

I'm pretty sure that counts.
    I hope that was gi and not no - gi ...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used it countless times over the years bouncing. Almost never do I end up on the ground.

Here's a crazy thought...make sure you sit down before you read any further:

BJJ works standing up too...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:20pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used basketball on the street, is that the same thing?

Y'know, I dribbled guys heads on the ground, slam dunked them passed them off to other people.....

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 5:21pm

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Here's a crazy thought...make sure you sit down before you read any further:

BJJ works standing up too...
    Lies! But you're right about sitting down first. Everyone knows the you're totally in for a BJJ ass whooping if the dude you're fighting sits down and begins scooting toward you like a dog on expensive carpet.

(Seriously, though... don't let them know we know how to grapple standing. I'd like to keep them thinking that we have no other choice but to flop around on the ground like a thalidomide baby.)

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 8:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Lies! But you're right about sitting down first. Everyone knows the you're totally in for a BJJ ass whooping if the dude you're fighting sits down and begins scooting toward you like a dog on expensive carpet.

(Seriously, though... don't let them know we know how to grapple standing. I'd like to keep them thinking that we have no other choice but to flop around on the ground like a thalidomide baby.)
    Oh great!

And here I was thinking the ultimate anti-graple move was to offer a hand up.

I guess I'm back to the drawing board...

So, I've never used BJJ on the street, but I have gotten a BJ on the street.

It was just as effective IRL as it was in the ring, but I did have to avoid to pyroplastic laval flows and groups of apeish sychophants pulling knives and swinging car aerials...

...of course...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 10:59am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omeganism:

In 1998 we had a BJJ brown belt move to town to open up a school. We all used to meet up and train at my kickboxing coaches gym. Great guy, resembled a short T-Rex. He used to bounce at one of the local bars.

One night this guy, who was a Tang Soo Do black belt, starts mouthing off to him. He smiles and tries to wave the guy off but the he keeps trying to push "Kills" buttons (No joke, that was his nickname). So Kill offers to meet the guy in one of the side alleys after the bar closes.

Later that night, after closing, we all meet in the near by alley. The guy is jumping up and down ready to fight and Kill come smiles and starts socializing with the rest of us.

"Hey, we going to do this?"

Kill "Yes, my friend, for you no problem", and he sits down and starts to stretch.

The guy gets agitated and starts to approach Kill while he is on the ground. Kill hold up his hand "Wait wait my friend, be patient, I am warming up".

The guy looks at his friends not believing what was happening. He says a few inaudible things to his friend before Kill gets off the ground and says "Okay my friend, we can do this. I would like you to know I like you though. Normally, I get paid to fight people, but for you, I do for free."

The guy's face goes blank.

"One more thing my friend, we don't stop fighting until I say so", he claps his hands "Okay?"

"**** you"

"That's okay my friend, I have girlfriend"

That's when the police show up. After some quick talk Kill goes over to the guy "Hey my friend, we not get arrested for having fun. I have keys to the boxing gym two blocks down. We fight there."

We disperse and meet at the gym. Of course the other guy never shows up. I wish I can say it ended there but it didn't. Unfortunately that's a story for another time.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 11:02am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Omeganism:

In 1998 we had a BJJ brown belt move to town to open up a school. We all used to meet up and train at my kickboxing coaches gym. Great guy, resembled a short T-Rex. He used to bounce at one of the local bars.

One night this guy, who was a Tang Soo Do black belt, starts mouthing off to him. He smiles and tries to wave the guy off but the he keeps trying to push "Kills" buttons (No joke, that was his nickname). So Kill offers to meet the guy in one of the side alleys after the bar closes.

Later that night, after closing, we all meet in the near by alley. The guy is jumping up and down ready to fight and Kill come smiles and starts socializing with the rest of us.

Kill "Yes, my friend, for you no problem", and he sits down and starts to stretch.

The guy gets agitated and starts to approach Kill while he is on the ground. Kill hold up his hand "Wait wait my friend, be patient, I am warming up".

The guy looks at his friends not believing what was happening. He says a few inaudible things to his friend before Kill gets off the ground and says "Okay my friend, we can do this. I would like you to know I like you though. Normally, I get paid to fight people, but for you, I do for free."

"One more thing my friend, we don't stop fighting until I say so", he claps his hands "Okay?"

"**** you"

That's when the police show up. After some quick talk Kill goes over to the guy "Hey my friend, we not get arrested for having fun. I have keys to the boxing gym two blocks down. We fight there."

We disperse and meet at the gym. Of course the other guy never shows up. I wish I can say it ended there but it didn't. Unfortunately that's a story for another time.
    While I'd really like to hear the follow up, that is my kind of BJJ guy.

Kill them with kindness is one of my favorite tactics.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 12:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Omeganism:

"**** you"

Another Omega's fight stories thread? Please!!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Geez Omega finish the story...it isn't even bedtime yet.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast