Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 12:06pm

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd also like to add, in regards to the 'culture,' I'm not saying people do 52 to promote prison culture. In fact, Lyte Burly and Rahmel Scott are trying to bring about positivity, mutual respect, and wholesomeness through their martial art by giving kids a direction and outlet.

Again, part of what I like about this is that this 52 movement embodies a lot of what TMA is supposed to prior to vast mcdojo-fication.

Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    We had some epic 52 Blocks threads back in the day, mostly consisting of myself and a few other lonely souls saying "this stuff is interesting" and vast hordes of rabid bullies mocking the very idea (sight unseen).
    Yeah, I actually saw it back then and wrote it off as stupid. But as I've learned more about martial arts and gotten better at them, I've grown more open minded.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 12:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    We had some epic 52 Blocks threads back in the day, mostly consisting of myself and a few other lonely souls saying "this stuff is interesting" and vast hordes of rabid bullies mocking the very idea (sight unseen).
    Never understimate the e-power of BJJ whitebelts and MT noobs hordes.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    I'd also like to add, in regards to the 'culture,' I'm not saying people do 52 to promote prison culture. In fact, Lyte Burly and Rahmel Scott are trying to bring about positivity, mutual respect, and wholesomeness through their martial art by giving kids a direction and outlet.
    The Constellation guys are doing the same thing, basically leveraging the association with hip hop culture into an anti-drugs/pro-fitness and leadership message for at-risk young men. Win/win.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post

Again, part of what I like about this is that this 52 movement embodies a lot of what TMA is supposed to prior to vast mcdojo-fication.
    I would like to learn more and subscribe to your newsletter and future updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 12:49pm

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I would like to learn more and subscribe to your newsletter and future updates.
    It's pretty simple, good sir.

www.facebook.com/kinkongmoy617

Sign in, like that page, and you will have all of the newslettery thingies that you've ever wanted -- and more! *

*Disclaimer: You won't
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234