1. #1
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    ProGauntlet: crowdfunding the ultimate HEMA hand protection



    I have no connection with this project, but IMO it's exactly the sort of thing that ought to be crowdfunded:

    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/progauntlet/x/498944
    Last edited by DdlR; 5/21/2013 4:46pm at .

  2. #2
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, they really should market this to the FMA community as well.

  3. #3
    Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,184
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definitely going to be watching this one with interest.

  4. #4
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Cool, they really should market this to the FMA community as well.
    Good call - as far as I can tell by Google searching they haven't done much active promotion at all. What would be the best way to promote to the FMA community online?

  5. #5
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    Good call - as far as I can tell by Google searching they haven't done much active promotion at all. What would be the best way to promote to the FMA community online?
    Well... I'm trying to help the ProGauntlet guys out a bit by posting this video on every FMA forum I can find. I've only had a couple of years eskrima experience, but I was lucky enough to try out their first prototype. It's pretty good :D

    I made a short video, so you can see it works fine with sticks and knives. (although I could work a bit on my technique... watching cacoy canete and john mac, yup I got a long way to go)



    tell me what you think! (I'll pass it on to the guys) design ideas, type of fighting/sparring that could improve with better hand protection. Please do spread the word. Awesome that you're exited about this project... (and yes I did strap a gopro camera to a rattan stick, so now you know what the stick feels like) :)

    cheers!
    -Mark

  6. #6
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe send out some samples to FMATalk, Dog Bros etc and have them review them?

  7. #7
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Maybe send out some samples to FMATalk, Dog Bros etc and have them review them?
    I think they're reluctant to send out the relatively jury-rigged proof-of-concept prototypes for review, because the funding they're hoping to raise via this campaign will go towards a far-improved, commercial-quality product.

  8. #8
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaki View Post

    tell me what you think! (I'll pass it on to the guys) design ideas, type of fighting/sparring that could improve with better hand protection. Please do spread the word. Awesome that you're exited about this project... (and yes I did strap a gopro camera to a rattan stick, so now you know what the stick feels like) :)

    cheers!
    -Mark
    I reckon this is exactly what the campaign needs, especially if it's being posted to FMA forums. Bartitsu/19th century "antagonistics" enthusiasts will also be into these gauntlets for walking stick sparring, etc.

  9. #9
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    I reckon this is exactly what the campaign needs, especially if it's being posted to FMA forums. Bartitsu/19th century "antagonistics" enthusiasts will also be into these gauntlets for walking stick sparring, etc.
    Thank you very much for your reply. We had some more fun with the prototypes using steel swords.

    enjoy


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO