Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 5:39pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This feature of not being able to use a second hand game,on top of the other areas its fallen behind in, will be a turning point for me if its true.

Even though we have,and pay for,separate XBox Live accts, my son and i both have an XBox but live in different locs. We sometimes share games between us, or occasionally hire a game to try to see if we want to invest money in it so we can play online together in different locs. If i am no longer going to have that option,i.e if i borrow one of his games or pay for a hire game, and then have to pay AGAIN for it,because i bought/hired it for him in the first place,and he used it first on HIS account, then i really won't be buying an XBox One, unless of course PS4 also does the same thing.

Another point is wanting to try an earlier game in a series,i.e Hitman. I wanted to see if spending money on the latest would be worth it so went looking for an ealier version to try at "used" prices.

I'll be buying two consoles as well,not one, so want to make sure to have as little hassles as poss.

Of course this could be a massive disinformation program,so will prolly wait for both systems to be in the market,and see the finished product properly before buying.
    Last edited by KiwiPhil889; 5/24/2013 6:05pm at .

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Surely we could all get on the same page in less than 2 hours.
    I'm not going to the trouble of summarizing the conference further than I already have, just for the sake of other people's information.

If people want to learn about what the PS4 is bringing, they should watch the conference, not just read what some jackoff has to say about it.
    If people don't want to watch it, that's fine - but I can't be held to account for that.

Check out the abridged XB vid here to understand the main point:

Last edited by Colin; 5/24/2013 6:46pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 6:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I'm not going to the trouble of summarizing the conference further than I already have, just for the sake of other people's information.

If people want to learn about what the PS4 is bringing, they should watch the conference, not just read what some jackoff has to say about it.
    If people don't want to watch it, that's fine - but I can't be held to account for that.
    Look guys, you have seen a gamer elitist in the wild.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 6:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Look guys, you have seen a gamer elitist in the wild.
    More like a lazy Developer.

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 6:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More like a lazy Developer.
    More like the 2 hour marketing presentation seemed to have worked on you.

This here seems to be a fairly accurate summation
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Both the PS4 and Xbox "One" are going to be running on what are essentially downgraded AMD Piledriver based CPUs (Jaguar) with AMD graphics supposedly similar in performance to the current AMD 7000 series.

The PS4 CPU is going to have a 2 ghz clock speed and the Xbox is 1.6 ghz. Both have 8 gb of RAM, with one gig on the PS4 dedicated to OS. The big difference on graphics is that PS4 will be using DDR5 and Xbox DDR3.

So basically the two main contenders for your living room space have nearly identical specs with the PS4 having a slight edge.
    So both have the same architecture
    2 ghz vs 1.6 ghz this difference doesn't hands down anything for me. So the PS4 will generate more heat and consume more power but will unlikely run games any noticeably better.

8 gb of RAM both of them. Yes the Xbox will most likely use more overhead but noticeable performance difference not likely.

Yep slight edge to the PS4 has a slight edge w/ graphics but the Xbox has excellent machine vision. It hardly a hands down difference and for AAA games I doubt we will see any noticeable performance difference. Right now there are far too many rumors flying about things. The gaming community is very prone to the sky is falling mentality so I am skeptical about these rumors till we get solid answers out of both camps.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/24/2013 7:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason that the Ps4 is looking better right now than the xboner is not because of the better specs/lower overhead.
    It's because sony is focused on creating a platform that developers want to develop for, rather than a platform that caters to in-line advertisement for gaming.
    This is demonstrated pretty clearly in the presentation, by the way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2013 5:06pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL YEAH RIGHT ANOTHER CONSOLE THAT I CAN NEVER AFFORD

What's wrong with my PS2? I can pirate so many games on it and I've homebrewed it and everything.

Even if anyone here could pirate PS3 games, try downloading a zillion GB PS3 game at 100kb/s.

Not to mention pissing people with good internet off because you keep jumping around in multiplayer if you don't pirate.

Seriously, I would have never played any video games in my life if it weren't for thepiratebay.w/e

**** everything.

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 12:23am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason that the Ps4 is looking better right now than the xboner is not because of the better specs/lower overhead.
    It's because sony is focused on creating a platform that developers want to develop for, rather than a platform that caters to in-line advertisement for gaming.
    This is demonstrated pretty clearly in the presentation, by the way.
    So because you saw a presentation aimed at developers your convinced that its going to be easier/better to make games for vs a presentation aimed at the public. I highly doubt the Xbox is going to be any harder to make games for espically if you consider history.

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 12:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do note I have not looked at either SDK yet so you can be completelly right.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 1:52am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please remember, I'm simply taking things at face value based on what we have been shown. (which is all anyone can do until they have actually worked with it)

That being said, one of the main reasons that the 360 has been so successful (definitely the console to own) this gen is because most of the multiplats were developed ON the 360 hardware, then ported to PS3 etc. (not all, but enough for it to be relevant).

Ultimately this meant that many of the multiplats simply run better on the 360 hardware. It appears to me that Sony have taken this into careful consideration, opting for the most developer friendly and flexible set of tools. Whether they succeed or not, what they are TRYING to do (and this is important) is to be the preferred system to develop for. This is the core vision for the system, and I endorse that philosophy, it can only be good for gamers.

also, for shits and giggles, check this out:

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast