Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I should also point out that the part about the PC market is moot. PC games are drying up faster than Betty Whites twat. With the route technology is taking consoles are going to be the new PC.
    Nah I have heard the death call for the PC far too many times in the course of my life. It seems to always come back strong probably you know cause they can be easily upgraded.

Also it will be a long time till the PC itself can be replaced for many of its non-gaming needs there are things that you simply need a workstation for that you can't do on a mobile device or a consol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:10pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So how do you guys feel about the whole business with buying used games and paying a fee if you want to play it on your xbox one (not even going into the kinect-coercion here).

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Nah I have heard the death call for the PC far too many times in the course of my life. It seems to always come back strong probably you know cause they can be easily upgraded.
    Steam. /end

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    So how do you guys feel about the whole business with buying used games and paying a fee if you want to play it on your xbox one (not even going into the kinect-coercion here).
    It that is the case I will on most likely not buy the system as I tend to only buy used games or I will get the system when a Hack comes out and buy 0 games if you know what I mean.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:22pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

Also it will be a long time till the PC itself can be replaced for many of its non-gaming needs there are things that you simply need a workstation for that you can't do on a mobile device or a consol.
    I really hope you're right about that, some of my favorite games were PC only releases. Plus I like having all my games in Nvidia 3d. If they would just stop making them all online server only. I hate having to be constantly connected to unreliable servers just play single player mode.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Steam. /end
    I worry about steam games going the Xbox route and charging a monthly fee. I know they said they wouldn't, but yeah trust issues. Plus it makes buying games for my laptop for when I'm out of town totally useless.

Can you give some more information on that, cause I haven't heard that one.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate having to be constantly connected to unreliable servers just play single player mode.
    Yes that is a horrible trend. The worse part is it is their to stop piracy but its not even a hard thing to crack. So all they have done is pissed off legitimate customers.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't like it, but I understand the logic. They are losing HUNDREDS of millions of dollars in the resale market. Still, the resale market helps the consumer and the stores. That's why Best Buy is selling used games. The return invest potential is high when you look at the numbers.

I worry about steam games going the Xbox route and charging a monthly fee. I know they said they wouldn't, but yeah trust issues. Plus it makes buying games for my laptop for when I'm out of town totally useless.
    If they keep the deals going, I have no clue what you are talking about. My buddy waits for deals and purchases 5 new games, that I just beat for $180, and he paid 25-50? Then you add a monthly fee? Maybe 5-10? Nope it won't be a killer like you think. Yes, I understand your trust issue, but it'll be like the DC comics reboot.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/22/2013 4:48pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 5:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you give some more information on that, cause I haven't heard that one.
    Well, basically, it has been reported that, if you want to play a game you bought used (or, I'd guess, even borrowed with your own account), you'll have to pay a fine (the price you'd pay if you bought the game new).

When noticing the "confusion" about that, a Microsoft guy basically said, "Of course you can play your game at a friend's house when you're logged in with your account", with, by my reading, is basically a roundabout way of admitting that the whole fee thing is true.

Also, I'm sorry, I'm working on a sort of playbill (in German), am very tired and my English goes down the tube.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't like it, but I understand the logic. They are losing HUNDREDS of millions of dollars in the resale market. Still, the resale market helps the consumer and the stores. That's why Best Buy is selling used games. The return invest potential is high when you look at the numbers.
    I agree. I can see why they're doing it. I still feel it's a weird move to risk alienating people/ a fan base like that. Since I don't see the majority of the gamers doing anything drastic about it, it's very likely to become a standard business practice.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast