Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 12:24pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Any word on backward compatibility for either system?
    XBox One WON'T be backwards compatable. Pretty sure this question was asked directly and the answer was "No"

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 2:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would they bother with reverse compatible when they can just make you buy the same game again by offering it as "downloadable content".

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 3:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Why would they bother with reverse compatible when they can just make you buy the same game again by offering it as "downloadable content".
    Well because it is what gives them a slight advantage over their competitor. If I can still play all of my old Xbox and Xbox 360 games on the new console I am certainly more inclined to buy it. However if I can't I may as well as look at the PS4.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 3:15pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well because it is what gives them a slight advantage over their competitor. If I can still play all of my old Xbox and Xbox 360 games on the new console I am certainly more inclined to buy it. However if I can't I may as well as look at the PS4.
    You won't get any help there, either. You want to play PS3 games, you need to keep your PS3.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 3:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but the game companies are going to do what will give them the biggest profit, and downloads are BIG money. They could for the most part care less what their own customers want because they know we will buy the **** they peddle no matter what.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 3:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They could for the most part care less what their own customers want because they know we will buy the **** they peddle no matter what.
    Oh you're one of THOSE assholes. I will not necessarily buy whatever **** they peddle. It has to be worth it for me to do so. They have a lot of competition. PS4 and of course the all mighty PC. I have to have a PC anyways I do not have to have an XBOX or Playstation. AAA games will be available for the PC and in many ways will be better. I happen to like consols cause you just slap in the game and go but I will not buy **** just because its put out. Now is the backwards compatibility a big enough issue? Probably not as I tend to not go back and replay games (other than 8/16 bit games such as the previously mentioned RC Pro Am).

I do however object to this blind take my money culture that seems to have developed though.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 3:49pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh you're one of THOSE assholes. I will not necessarily buy whatever **** they peddle. It has to be worth it for me to do so. They have a lot of competition. PS4 and of course the all mighty PC. I have to have a PC anyways I do not have to have an XBOX or Playstation. AAA games will be available for the PC and in many ways will be better. I happen to like consols cause you just slap in the game and go but I will not buy **** just because its put out. Now is the backwards compatibility a big enough issue? Probably not as I tend to not go back and replay games (other than 8/16 bit games such as the previously mentioned RC Pro Am).

I do however object to this blind take my money culture that seems to have developed though.
    I wasn't saying it was a good thing, I was just pointing out that anymore it seems like the game companies only put out products that they know will profit in billions. It's like millions just isn't a big enough number anymore and as a result it seems like creativity is taking a back seat to greed. I would love for both systems to be reverse engineered, but I know it would mean less profit for them so it just won't happen.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't saying it was a good thing, I was just pointing out that anymore it seems like the game companies only put out products that they know will profit in billions. It's like millions just isn't a big enough number anymore and as a result it seems like creativity is taking a back seat to greed. I would love for both systems to be reverse engineered, but I know it would mean less profit for them so it just won't happen.
    It is a shame. Although I am actually more upset by this trend to release a game that seems incomplete when you play it then they start releasing a bunch of DLC content. Also don't get me started on special "preorder" content either.

**** it I am just going to go back to my SNES emulator.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I NEVER believe that **** until it is out. Even then, I call shenanigans.

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should also point out that the part about the PC market is moot. PC games are drying up faster than Betty Whites twat. With the route technology is taking consoles are going to be the new PC.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast