Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I honestly think the difference in Game selection will be minimal. GT6 vs Forza 5 being one of the few.
    Let me clarify, I mean launch date and a year later. I picked up the Xbox first because they had a wider range of exclusive and cross-platform games. So, when I picked it up I had hundreds of used games on the cheap to play.

I waited for GoW3 to pick up the PS3. It had limited play at this point. I'd be pissed if it wasn't for the Uncharted and inFamous. I'm loyal to burnout as it is the only racing game I like. Well, RC Pro Am, but that is another story.

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crap the more I look at PS4 vs The One the harder I think its going to be to make a choice as they are for all practicle porposes looking to be pretty much the same. They certainly are to close to each other to justify purchasing both.

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:11pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Then we will have to wait and see which system play the games better.........again.
    Basically, yeah. Of course, the fact that they're both on pretty much off-the-shelf technology this time makes a big difference. According to friends of mine in the dev community (Double Fine and Bethesda) the PS3 was a nightmare to code for because (early on, at least) it didn't handle its own threading. You had to specify where each thread was executed, which led to all kinds of resource allocation SNAFUs. Since they're both X86 machines that means there isn't going to be much of the learning curve that they saw with the PS3. They're also both running D3D graphics cards... again pretty much off the shelf, making porting much more simple.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @IIF:

You repled to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Who cares.

I wanna know what the specs are.
    with this:
    Shhh....... He's in nitpick and try to put Iif in his place mode. It happens monthly.
    then this:
    Buy yourself a tampon and stfu.
    Yeah **** yourself. If you'd look at my post history, I often reply in such manner to random people. Yet you make it out like it's personal.

Appearently not as your asking for specs on a consoul. So if your not a developer I fail to see the point.
    You almost said it yourself:
    The min specs for a PC have to be signficantly higher due to overhead in PCs.
    So my next pc will be able to properly run the games that come out on those consoles as well as pc.

Unless you want to be a fan boy for one system over another then you can brag about how much better your system is cause of a slight clock cycle difference.
    I just said I'm not gonna own one or the other.

Aunt Flow what? You cocksucker.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 5/21/2013 6:20pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:37pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    If you'd look at my post history, I often reply in such manner to random people. Yet you make it out like it's personal.
    I pick at EVERYONE, why are you crying now? Right back at ya.

If it wasn't personal, you wouldn't be raging and asking me to cherry pick your post history. Which would actually bear out, if I piss you off you'll snap at me in another thread.....you know......like now.

Like I said time of the month.

Since they're both X86 machines that means there isn't going to be much of the learning curve that they saw with the PS3. They're also both running D3D graphics cards... again pretty much off the shelf, making porting much more simple.
    Good then maybe we will have a true console war like the good ole days.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it wasn't personal, you wouldn't be raging and asking me to cherry pick your post history. Which would actually bear out, if I piss you off you'll snap at me in another thread.....you know......like now.
    "Who cares.

I wanna know what the specs are. " That's not snapping.

"Shhh....... He's in nitpick and try to put Iif in his place mode. It happens monthly. " That's snapping.

Both PS3 and XBOX360 only have 512MB RAM total, each with some added limitations (RAM split for GPU and CPU or something like that). The only upcoming AAA game I care about is GTA5, I'm flabbergasted how it will run on those consoles.

Rumor has it Rockstar will make a boosted version for the next gen consoles (I heard PS4 will have 16GB RAM, wow momma) and pc in the near future.

By the way, big fan of Double Fine.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 5/21/2013 6:48pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iron Brigade was a fun tower defense game. Pyshconauts was cool.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iron Brigade was a fun tower defense game. Pyshconauts was cool.
    I'm mostly a fan of them/Tim Schafer cause of their history and Grim Fandango. LOVED GF.

I tried playing Psychonauts for a few hours, I enjoyed the IP a lot but the controls were clunky and Iunno, I kinda wanted a puzzly adventure game. I might give it another shot in the future.

I've put up 15$ on their Kickstarter game. That game better be fucking good.

The Cave SUCKED. It started out nice but arrrh. What the hell, Ron? Quick cash-in?
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 5/21/2013 7:01pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 7:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to know, I was worried about The Cave.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based on what we've seen so far, the Sony looks tons better, imo.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast