Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 5:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It seems to me that Microsoft wants to gear more towards that Xbox live monthly fee than console sales. At this point I just don't see them saving face unless they come up with some damn epic titles for launch.
    Looks like we may see either at Launch or close to it
    Dragon Age
    Forza
    EA doing a UFC game
    Halo
    Rainbow 6
    Kingdom Hearts 3

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty far behind on this console ****. Hell, I'm still trying to convince my dad to buy me a Gamecube so I can play Pikmin. All he ever does, though, is take me down to the arcade so I can play Ocean Hunter and House of the Dead (I finally beat the Magician after 15 years of trying, and only on $10 worth of tokens). Most of the time I'm just stuck with playing dollar-store bought LED racing toys and choose your own adventure games online:

http://addventure.com/cgi-bin/read.p...b4/page/1.html

God, I was upset when Stickdeath closed down. Daily completion of Crackhouse Cleanup used to be a part of my lifestyle.

I'll admit, I did play UFC Undisputed 3 on my brother's XBox once. Got stuck on the character creation screen when I couldn't figure figure out how to make Melton Bowen's trunks yellow. I ended up throwing his controller into the dryer out of frustration.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 6:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    All he ever does, though, is take me down to the arcade so I can play Ocean Hunter...
    I just spontaneously raised my hands all gangsta and went: "Awwww snap!! PLAYAAAAAAA"

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made it to Poseidon, once.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Microsoft has pulled a complete 180 on their online DRM features:
    http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/mi...-dr/1100-4673/

Good move, Microsoft.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/20/2013 12:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post

Microsoft has pulled a complete 180 on their online DRM features:
    http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/mi...-dr/1100-4673/

Good move, Microsoft.
    Well, microsoft backed themselves into a corner and then shot themselves in the foot. It's going to take something fucking special to come back from this. Whatever version of Halo they launch with is gonna have to be fucking magical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    6/20/2013 12:23am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they made the switch with enough time for people to forgive and forget the DRM debuckle. Come holiday season and a bunch of marketing and game previews people will be drooling all over it again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2013 12:34am

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now they just need to drop the price and make the specs comparable to PCs.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/20/2013 2:38am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I think they made the switch with enough time for people to forgive and forget the DRM debuckle. Come holiday season and a bunch of marketing and game previews people will be drooling all over it again.
    i think they already screwed the pooch on this one. and even if you forget about their attempts to royally **** their users, at the end of the day, there are two outstanding factors-
    its 100 bucks more expensive
    its slower

not to mention that since the architecture of the xbone and the ps4 aremuch closer than the ps3 and the xbox 360,, there should be a lot less exclusive titles unless they get a fuckton of money for doing so.

not that i give a **** since i havent used a console in ages and have no desire to, what im excited about is that with new consoles they can stop holding back so much on games ported to pc so the slow kids from the short bus can keep up. of course give it 6 months after theyre released and we will be back to square one, but still.

Posted On:
    6/20/2013 3:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    its 100 bucks more expensive
    It also includes additional hardware. The kinect was ~$150 to add to the 360 and it sold quite well. In fact you can buy it now for Windows at about ~$150.
    Apparently its a feature people like. My 7 year old loves the damn thing, personally it drives me nuts. But if the youth market like it, it will sell especially if it gives parents the illusion that their kids are getting exercise while playing video games.

its slower
    I highly doubt there will be a perceptible difference. The key thing here is the Xbox is running at a better point on the efficiency curve for the architecture they could certainly turn up the clock speed if they wanted to. What it looks like to me is that they are being very serious about heat management this generation. To me this is a good thing because it means a much more reliable system.

not that i give a **** since i havent used a console in ages and have no desire to, what im excited about is that with new consoles they can stop holding back so much on games ported to pc so the slow kids from the short bus can keep up. of course give it 6 months after theyre released and we will be back to square one, but still.
    I go back and forth on the PC gaming vs Console gaming. I think I enjoy the simplicity of just slapping in a disc and playing. I just don't have the time to play much anymore and if I am on the computer I end up doing other crap. I am also much more of a causal gamer these days and will go a few months at a time without touching a game. Then a will get something I am excited about and play the crap out of it for 1-3 weeks and back to a dry spell.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314 LastLast